Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah that's true. But the Government should still make the guidlines clearer (both to the public and to the police). I don't even understand why people were allowed to travel abroad last year on holiday if we were in the middle of a serious pandemic. Why not just shut the borders like New Zealand have done? Did the Government really expect people were going to self isolate after coming back from holiday? Even Boris's own father didn't bother, pleading ignorance. As for all those house parties last year where police just dispersed people (probably into a crowd outside) instead of issuing fines, what message does that send? That's a lot worse than going for a walk in a park with hardly anyone around. As for the Government putting infected patients in care homes, I wouldn't be surprised if that's accounted for almost half the total deaths. I'm sure the public inquiry into that will be like a Graham Potter post match interview (lessons learned etc). And sending kids back to school when in tier 4.. the list of stupid decisions goes on.

I think I need to go for a walk and get some fresh air!

I'm old, but not old enough to know what that means!

His catch phrase was 'Power to the People', if memory serves me correctly.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Exactly - cancel all exemptions. If you can't/won't wear a mask, don't go shopping - make alternative arrangements.

100%. Being exempt does not stop you spreading it. You will find many countries with very low deaths/cases have no exemptions. Everyone wears them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looks like the face-covering refusniks have finally shot themselves in the foot anyway as shops begin to fall over themselves to bar them from entry. Tragic that things had to reach crisis point in our hospitals and schools before action was taken.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
100%. Being exempt does not stop you spreading it. You will find many countries with very low deaths/cases have no exemptions. Everyone wears them.

Indeed I have a very large nose and don't exempt myself from a mask because of it. And I also have to wear underpants! ;)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is there not some way to ensure that anyone who has a mask exemption is guaranteed a delivery slot ?

And when we talk about security guards at supermarkets, I would like to see some knob kick off with the ones at Waitrose in Hove. Surely, with the profits made during the pandemic it is not too much to ask for Supermarkets to take responsibility for employing security personnel capable of upholding the store rules and policies.

Proper Security, no entry without facemask, guaranteed delivery slots for exemptions. It's not f***ing rocket science, is it :rolleyes:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Is there not some way to ensure that anyone who has a mask exemption is guaranteed a delivery slot ?

And when we talk about security guards at supermarkets, I would like to see some knob kick off with the ones at Waitrose in Hove. Surely, with the profits made during the pandemic it is not too much to ask for Supermarkets to take responsibility for employing security personnel capable of upholding the store rules and policies.

Proper Security, no entry without facemask, guaranteed delivery slots for exemptions. It's not f***ing rocket science, is it :rolleyes:

Regretfully as [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] has alluded to, any fool can print an exemption off and the rather sensible option you suggest like many things will be abused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Regretfully as [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tdeneseagull has alluded to, any fool can print an exemption off and the rather sensible option you suggest like many things will be abused!

Quite agree, but better they nick a delivery slot they shouldn't, than risk other's lives. Still abusing the system but forcing them to do it in a less dangerous and reckless manner :shrug:

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Do people using the Click and Collect facility have to be wearing masks? The only one I have seen is in the store car park.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Do people using the Click and Collect facility have to be wearing masks? The only one I have seen is in the store car park.
We use this facility, and wear a mask all the time, but it is outdoor, and no one really comes near. Surprised that folk elect to go into the shop, when this option is open to them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We use this facility, and wear a mask all the time, but it is outdoor, and no one really comes near. Surprised that folk elect to go into the shop, when this option is open to them.

I use click and collect but have never worn a mask, I don’t get less than 6ft from anybody, however I think I will wear a mask for the next collection.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
So after Boris's 7 mile bike ride: a Government spokesman stated: "The PM has exercised within the COVID rules and any suggestion to the contrary is wrong."

From Sky News article: "Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said Mr Johnson's bike ride was not against the law. However, she told the BBC "local" is a "relative term" and, for her, means "if you can, go for your exercise from your front door and come back to that front door". "

Why can't the Government just come up with clear guidelines. If local is a "relative term", which use it in guidelines? According to the Police Commissioner, you can go as far as you want as long as its door to door exercise. So you don't have to stay local.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there not some way to ensure that anyone who has a mask exemption is guaranteed a delivery slot?

They did it for people who were asked to shield right at the beginning of the first lock down, so surely they can do it now. I imagine may people with genuine exemptions are quite likely to be shielders anyway, especially if their difficulty with wearing a mask is down to breathing difficulties
I'm still using my Asda slot every week, although it stopped being free around October time - they now charge me £2.30 for a home delivery, which is fine by me - but I'm still impressed with the speed and efficiency with which the system worked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So after Boris's 7 mile bike ride: a Government spokesman stated: "The PM has exercised within the COVID rules and any suggestion to the contrary is wrong."

From Sky News article: "Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said Mr Johnson's bike ride was not against the law. However, she told the BBC "local" is a "relative term" and, for her, means "if you can, go for your exercise from your front door and come back to that front door". "

Why can't the Government just come up with clear guidelines. If local is a "relative term", which use it in guidelines? According to the Police Commissioner, you can go as far as you want as long as its door to door exercise. So you don't have to stay local.

We cycled for say 15 miles on occasions last year, our neighbours with e-bikes 45 miles round trip rides. Not speaking or meeting up with anyone else. We saw plenty of police and were never stopped.

I’ve never heard anyone sensible saying limit bike rides, until this press reporter photographed the PM.

7 miles on a bike is say 30 minutes, so an hour’s round trip in fresh air, his own company plus possibly a bodyguard or two.

I honestly don’t know what the problem is.

This is being conflated with the story of the Derbyshire women from different households meeting up, even though Derbyshire Police admitted they got it wrong and have since apologised.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Aren’t most bike rides in excess of 7 miles? And do you recommend cyclists just going around the same park many times?

Perhaps you could suggest a brief paragraph to clarify the requirements to show how easy it is

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
They did it for people who were asked to shield right at the beginning of the first lock down, so surely they can do it now. I imagine may people with genuine exemptions are quite likely to be shielders anyway, especially if their difficulty with wearing a mask is down to breathing difficulties
I'm still using my Asda slot every week, although it stopped being free around October time - they now charge me £2.30 for a home delivery, which is fine by me - but I'm still impressed with the speed and efficiency with which the system worked.

And anyone whining about subs, certainly no more than 2 on each shop for me, it’s not a big deal is it [emoji23]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I use click and collect but have never worn a mask, I don’t get less than 6ft from anybody, however I think I will wear a mask for the next collection.

Glad you can get a slot since last March and even with my wife being high risk and the stores knowing we’ve had ONE delivery slot and no collection one and that’s from all the supermarkets.

I have been going to Hawkhurst Tesco, a small store as I will not go to Hastings as it’s full of idiots.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We cycled for say 15 miles on occasions last year, our neighbours with e-bikes 45 miles round trip rides. Not speaking or meeting up with anyone else. We saw plenty of police and were never stopped.

I’ve never heard anyone sensible saying limit bike rides, until this press reporter photographed the PM.

7 miles on a bike is say 30 minutes, so an hour’s round trip in fresh air, his own company plus possibly a bodyguard or two.

I honestly don’t know what the problem is.

This is being conflated with the story of the Derbyshire women from different households meeting up, even though Derbyshire Police admitted they got it wrong and have since apologised.

Well the problem is that they haven’t said whether he cycled from his front door and that he is the PM and once again the rules are being adapted to make sure he doesn’t get in trouble.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In itself, I don’t see much wrong with cycling 7 miles from your home. In transmission risks, its low. Though that is debatable.
However, the government said “five miles”. So for Johnson to cycle seven miles is frankly, the actions of an utter arse-hole.
The WORST time imaginable for the Prime Minister to be doing anything that isn’t to the absolute letter of the law.
Utter cretin.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here