Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We cycled for say 15 miles on occasions last year, our neighbours with e-bikes 45 miles round trip rides. Not speaking or meeting up with anyone else. We saw plenty of police and were never stopped.

I’ve never heard anyone sensible saying limit bike rides, until this press reporter photographed the PM.

7 miles on a bike is say 30 minutes, so an hour’s round trip in fresh air, his own company plus possibly a bodyguard or two.

I honestly don’t know what the problem is.

This is being conflated with the story of the Derbyshire women from different households meeting up, even though Derbyshire Police admitted they got it wrong and have since apologised.

Well, the vaccine rollout is going pretty well so the usual suspects need something to bleat about ..

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Glad you can get a slot since last March and even with my wife being high risk and the stores knowing we’ve had ONE delivery slot and no collection one and that’s from all the supermarkets.

I have been going to Hawkhurst Tesco, a small store as I will not go to Hastings as it’s full of idiots.

If you can, try Iceland as they have loads of delivery slots for the next day and they add slots to their list around 10 Am daily. They carry all the essentials as well as the obvious frozen food and is well worth a look. I would normally use Tesco delivery but cant get slot, Click and collect is very rare but Iceland is usually a good bet!

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Head banging.gif
    Head banging.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 94

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the absence of clarity of his own rules, Johnson's cycle seems fine. Can't beat him up for everything

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And anyone whining about subs, certainly no more than 2 on each shop for me, it’s not a big deal is it [emoji23]

I don't know about other supermarkets, but on Asda orders you can opt out of subs, or select which items you will or won't accept subs for. I think you can also hand back unwanted subs to the driver, but obviously I haven't tried that yet, as subs haven't been a problem.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, the vaccine rollout is going pretty well so the usual suspects need something to bleat about ..

A few people are trying to turn an exercise bike ride into a Sturgeon or Cummings or Ferrier incident. Even James O’Brien said I don’t know what he’s done wrong here.

In any of the three Lockdown’s, there was never a rule or law that bike rides be limited in terms of miles.

What we do know is that being healthier will help us beat the virus.

The only anti exercise views I’ve seen in the last 10 months, were a few NSC posters in April and May who were bizarrely wound up that half the country was getting fit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you can, try Iceland as they have loads of delivery slots for the next day and they add slots to their list around 10 Am daily. They carry all the essentials as well as the obvious frozen food and is well worth a look. I would normally use Tesco delivery but cant get slot, Click and collect is very rare but Iceland is usually a good bet!

For Tesco you really need to subscribe - it’s £7 a month so very cost-effective if you have at least 2 deliveries a month. Once you subscribe you get access to slots 4 weeks ahead, and that far out you can pretty much choose and day/time you want (around here, anyway).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well the problem is that they haven’t said whether he cycled from his front door and that he is the PM and once again the rules are being adapted to make sure he doesn’t get in trouble.

What rules are being adapted?

Please be precise and give evidence.

Cycle rides were never limited in terms of miles, not at any stage. So necessarily there cannot have been any altering of rules.

Johnson is just doing what millions of other bike riders have done in the last ten months, go on a moderately lengthy bike ride.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Unfortunately they don't deliver in my area

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If there are rules and/or guidelines in place and the bloke who is overall in charge decides to ignore them, particularly at a time when people are questioning whether the lockdown is tight enough, how can he expect anyone else to take any notice. The man is a fool. Having said that, he is so daft he probably didn’t realise he was breaking his own rules.

It’s not up to a Dominic Cummings Barnard Castle eye test escapades, but many people (including me) would see that and Johnson’s failure to sack him as a major reason why many people don’t take things as seriously as they should, and now he’s just making it worse. The man is a moron and has no common sense whatever.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
We cycled for say 15 miles on occasions last year, our neighbours with e-bikes 45 miles round trip rides. Not speaking or meeting up with anyone else. We saw plenty of police and were never stopped.

I’ve never heard anyone sensible saying limit bike rides, until this press reporter photographed the PM.

7 miles on a bike is say 30 minutes, so an hour’s round trip in fresh air, his own company plus possibly a bodyguard or two.

I honestly don’t know what the problem is.

This is being conflated with the story of the Derbyshire women from different households meeting up, even though Derbyshire Police admitted they got it wrong and have since apologised.
The Police Commissioner doesn't mention bikes, just exercise. The problem is the clarity of the guidelines. People still don't know how far they can travel for exercise. On the one hand the message is 'stay local' on the other hand the message is 'any exercise you can do from your front door and back. Am i breaking the guidelines by walking or running 15-20 miles from my front door?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hours bike ride fair enough and you can do 20 miles in that . So shouldn’t be an issue .

Allowed to fish off a beach in daylight so grab a rod and have a chilled seat on the beach for a couple of hours if you have cabin fever

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Police Commissioner doesn't mention bikes, just exercise. The problem is the clarity of the guidelines. People still don't know how far they can travel for exercise. On the one hand you it's 'stay local' on the other hand the message is 'any exercise you can do from your front door and back. Am i breaking the guidelines by walking or running 15-20 miles from my front door?

Separately, both scientists and public health officials in interviews over the last two days have mentioned that there’s next to no risk of transmitting CV19 outdoors, when 2m or more apart. They are very clear about this.

What’s the harm from any of us going on a longish run or bike ride, either solo or just with a member of our household? None.

To that run or bike ride into going round the bloke dozens of times to satisfy a curtain twitcher, is nonsensical.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't agree

They can't know what is going on 24/7. Individual responsibility.

Cressida Dick doesn’t know what’s going on in the Met 24/7, if 100 Police Officers had a party in one of the stations would you be calling for her to resign? Probably not but most would [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
45,000 of them have been fined.

They are just the tip of the iceberg, these people disgust me.:sick:

How many on here have been fined???

I would tag the feckers too and if they are caught being where they shouldn't bang them up, as they are clearly a waste of space and serve no purpose to the country.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/police-make-no-apology-for-issuing-almost-45-000-covid-fines/

I suspect that most people in this country will have broken the rules in a small way, although very few to the extent of those. Let he who is without sin...

That said, these party events have no recourse to complain.

The problem that life periods like this bring is re-publishing of the book for little snitchers. The self righteous 'look at me' Facebook videos of folk walking the wrong way down supermarket aisles who are subjected to death by 1000 emojis.

It's human nature to want to have company. There is no pass for people who hold 'events', but I wouldn't get angry with someone who was lonely and met a friend or neighbour. If people are caught they are on their own. Yes, the 'putting lives in danger' argument is valid. But I still can't feel anger towards those who make very small transgressions. And I'm sure that if some of those who sit in judgement over them took a look at their own actions over the last few months they might suddenly find that they haven't been as perfect as they thought they had.

Most folk will abide by the rules for the vast majority of the time. And if folk are, I refuse to judge anyone who makes the very occasional tiny transgression.

Oh, and I have been following the rules BTW- although I made an unforgivable mistake when I hugged a very upset friend at a funeral. How terrible.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Of all the things to be berating Bungle about this isn’t one of them IMO. It’s just another thing for the terminally angry to get noisy about. 7 miles is barely 30 mins away on a bike, even for an unfit **** in a suit. If he started at home I can’t see what the issue is. ‘5 miles’ has never been a rule and there is no time limit.

I’ll happily be going for runs (totally alone) that take me 7 miles from home. Shoot me now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Separately, both scientists and public health officials in interviews over the last two days have mentioned that there’s next to no risk of transmitting CV19 outdoors, when 2m or more apart. They are very clear about this.

What’s the harm from any of us going on a longish run or bike ride, either solo or just with a member of our household? None.

To that run or bike ride into going round the bloke dozens of times to satisfy a curtain twitcher, is nonsensical.

It seems to me to be clear that these things need to be clarified. Can you only exercise from home? Can you travel to exercise, and if yes, how far? Is there a time limit? Are they guidelines, or rules to be enforced?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What rules are being adapted?

Please be precise and give evidence.

Cycle rides were never limited in terms of miles, not at any stage. So necessarily there cannot have been any altering of rules.

Johnson is just doing what millions of other bike riders have done in the last ten months, go on a moderately lengthy bike ride.

In the last ten months? We have been in lockdown for all that time for a start.

The PM should be seen to be whiter than white, not stretching the already flimsy rules.

This is from the Times

The enforcement of the coronavirus lockdown was mired in confusion today after ministers contradicted each other’s interpretation of exercise rules and senior police officers called for clarity.

Police criticised Boris Johnson for his seven-mile bike ride to east London at the weekend, warning it would encourage members of the public to break rules or push the boundaries.

So there you go. Once again he’s damaging lockdown efforts.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cressida Dick doesn’t know what’s going on in the Met 24/7, if 100 Police Officers had a party in one of the stations would you be calling for her to resign? Probably not but most would [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, I wouldn't. What could she have done to stop it ? The officers are responsible.

Should Potter resign if the players had a meet up ?

Yes, but not if we were comfortably in mid-table :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here