Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
I'd rather be 10th in the Champ while being League 1 champs, rather than a runner-up of league 1 with Premier League promotion, only to go down next season while setting loads of unwanted records for the division!.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Do you lot not remember what you were like last season? All this "they're so arrogant", "they're cockiness is setting them up for a fall" nonsense is so hypocritical it's unreal. Last season we had to endure Brighton, some random team down the coast, invading all our forums and message boards banging on about how they were above us and how we're jealous and how our "physio" was a shit manager (do you still hold that view, out of interest?). You couldn't get enough of it. The game at your place was just embarrassing. Program covers, banners, PA man, pre-match music, all aimed at humiliating us (sort of back-fired though, didn't it?). It was all very bizarre and confusing. It went beyond banter. It was obsessive, frothing at the mouth hatred. The reason for all this? Our manager, after a good run of form, said our clubs would be fighting out the title "if they can keep with us". A nothing, throw-away comment. (Of course, you forget the fact your "gracious" manager also called us "Dagenham and Redbridge with a good striker". That wasn't arrogant at all, was it?)

Yet now you're suddenly baffled at how we've taken a disliking to you? Until last year, you were just another team. We didn't care about you and that was the truth. Now I think most Saints fans do indeed feel differently. You're still miles below Pompey, but, in my eyes at least, you are a minor rival, and that is due to your behaviour, not ours. As for being "bitter" about not winning League One, please get that out of your heads. It's League One for god's sake. The third division. Joining the likes of Luton, Southend and Scunthorpe as recent past winners was not a priority. Promotion was, and that's what we achieved. Like I said, the animosity stems from your fans' behaviour last year, nothing else.

Long-winded rant over.

Hello Liam,

As far as I'm concerned, you were "just another team" to us until that prick Adkins came out with his "if they can keep up with us" comment.

Any fans would have reacted like that to what he said, fact.

And it's very easy to say "we just wanted promotion" after coming 2nd!

You're still bitter, get over it.

Nighty night.
x

BrightonON

Nov 9, 2011
Ha! now you are being racist and homophobic.....

This city is well known for its hedonistic, sexually liberal attitude and is noted as the gay capital of the UK. With this, Brighton fans often endure homophobic chanting at both home and away games with little intervention from stewards or police. There are mixed views about the severity of the chants. As far as I am concerned it’s a bit of banter between two sets of fans. I recognise that Brighton has now become stereotyped and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Why should it? perhaps it is you that has taken this too far>? I assume you are only taking the piss by the nature of your remarks....

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Cheer up monkey gus
you cant get on our bus
your a daydream believer
in a town full of queeeeeeens

I thought this was quite good amongst the rest of the shit on that site.

Oh scumhampton you make me laugh.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
This city is well known for its hedonistic, sexually liberal attitude and is noted as the gay capital of the UK. With this, Brighton fans often endure homophobic chanting at both home and away games with little intervention from stewards or police. There are mixed views about the severity of the chants. As far as I am concerned it’s a bit of banter between two sets of fans. I recognise that Brighton has now become stereotyped and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Why should it? perhaps it is you that has taken this too far>? I assume you are only taking the piss by the nature of your remarks....

I assume you did not get the joke then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
liamsfc; said:
As for being "bitter" about not winning League One, please get that out of your heads. It's League One for god's sake. The third division. Joining the likes of Scunthorpe as recent past winners was not a priority.

Don't knock it mate. It's the only thing Adkins has ever won.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'd rather be 10th in the Champ while being League 1 champs, rather than a runner-up of league 1 with Premier League promotion, only to go down next season while setting loads of unwanted records for the division!.

A moronic post. You are actually saying that being 1st in L1 rather than 2nd is a more important feat than going up to the Prem instead of not.

I think most people with half a brain would tell you if we do go up were there to stay for at least a few seasons. A lot of our players would cut it in the Prem and wae have a few £££ what with the Chamberlain money and the trust fund Liebherr set up. We probably stand more chance of doing well than the likes of Swansea or Norwich who arent doing that bad.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Calling him a "monkey" is not racist you absolute plonker. It's nothing to do with his race. It's to do with his looks. He is a WHITE man with chimp-like features. When did making fun of somebody's looks become racist? I know you're a liberal bunch in Brighton but that would be taking political-correctness to an extreme!

Very true , sensitive bunch on here . He does look like a monkey as does keown , Reid etc etc.

Their seems a bit of a rivalry with you lot from the kids online but rest assured the majority of albion don't mind you. We hate palace and pompey . The fact you hate pompey actually makes you ok as well ie friends with your enemys enemy.

Good luck after the 19 th , nice to see south coast side doing well and upsetting the inbreds from fratton

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Ha, love the fact we don't give a dogs arse about them, but some claim our rivalry has been reignighted?? Never considered them as rivals just more of a south coast factor.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"If we get something it will be spectacular. We are going to be in every single newspaper and on TV talking about how we stopped Southampton, which is great.”

:facepalm:

I do wish Gus would tone down the hyperbole a bit.
Winning at Southampton would not be a "spectacular" result at all. Desirable of course, surprising maybe, but we're not playing at Old Trafford are we. Yes they are top at the moment, but top of the same division we are in. Its just another League game.

He's making us sound like Torquay on a cup run.

They are on an amazing home run aren't they? Be a bloody good result if we win.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
I call on every to write to the Editor ian.murray@dailyecho.co.uk about the appalling racist remarks about Gus by Soton low life. If you are not satisified with their response, contact Newquest HQ in Weybridge.

My god how sad are you. As a previous poster has pointed out the monkey comments are nothing to do with race.
Funny how you need to find things to wind yourselves up about, can't wait till we put you lot in your place next Sat with another win.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
Ha, love the fact we don't give a dogs arse about them, but some claim our rivalry has been reignighted?? Never considered them as rivals just more of a south coast factor.

Same. I don't understand some of the rivalry comments from your side, I guess last season there was a bit as we were both going for top spot but that's about it
Yes we're kinda local but nothing more, same as Bournemouth.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
A moronic post. You are actually saying that being 1st in L1 rather than 2nd is a more important feat than going up to the Prem instead of not.

I think most people with half a brain would tell you if we do go up were there to stay for at least a few seasons. A lot of our players would cut it in the Prem and wae have a few £££ what with the Chamberlain money and the trust fund Liebherr set up. We probably stand more chance of doing well than the likes of Swansea or Norwich who arent doing that bad.

Not at all, I'd HATE to be mentioned in all these Sunday Times features as one of the worse Premier League teams ever, meaning that it is more the reason to get our team prepared for the division. I bet Derby County fans hate their previous status in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here