Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Having too much time on my hands.. I have reported to the Echo every racist (monkey) comment and every reference to us mincers.. (homophobic). Maybe we could all do similar and cause another Daily Mail sheep-shagger story... The FA would have to be involved etc etc... and SCC club would have to investigate and issue an apology.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Strange the comments about Gus's looks.
Truthfully, when I look at Atkins mug it makes me shudder. That fixed, insincere, grin he always has makes him look like a perverted Cheshire cat!!

Southampton - like Palace & Pompey another club that f*cked over local businesses and came out smelling of roses.

Would love to see them fail like last season when their boasting came to nothing and we had our feet up and the trophy in the cabinet.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They obviously got bored f***ing their cousins & decided to indulge in a bit of Gus baiting.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's amazing how their fans feel so threatened by us that they need to post bollocks like that.
Gus is right, we have absolutely nothing to lose.

Cue the infestation of knuckle draggers from down the south coast to NSC when they scrape a 1-0 win though.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Having too much time on my hands.. I have reported to the Echo every racist (monkey) comment and every reference to us mincers.. (homophobic). Maybe we could all do similar and cause another Daily Mail sheep-shagger story... The FA would have to be involved etc etc... and SCC club would have to investigate and issue an apology.

Is calling Gus Poyet a monkey a racist?

Is calling Gareth Keenan a weasel-faced arse (or was it an arse-faced weasel) racist?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Southampton - like Palace & Pompey another club that f*cked over local businesses and came out smelling of roses.

Would love to see them fail like last season when their boasting came to nothing and we had our feet up and the trophy in the cabinet.

They actually paid back everything they owed to their credit

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
Do you lot not remember what you were like last season? All this "they're so arrogant", "they're cockiness is setting them up for a fall" nonsense is so hypocritical it's unreal. Last season we had to endure Brighton, some random team down the coast, invading all our forums and message boards banging on about how they were above us and how we're jealous and how our "physio" was a shit manager (do you still hold that view, out of interest?). You couldn't get enough of it. The game at your place was just embarrassing. Program covers, banners, PA man, pre-match music, all aimed at humiliating us (sort of back-fired though, didn't it?). It was all very bizarre and confusing. It went beyond banter. It was obsessive, frothing at the mouth hatred. The reason for all this? Our manager, after a good run of form, said our clubs would be fighting out the title "if they can keep with us". A nothing, throw-away comment. (Of course, you forget the fact your "gracious" manager also called us "Dagenham and Redbridge with a good striker". That wasn't arrogant at all, was it?)

Yet now you're suddenly baffled at how we've taken a disliking to you? Until last year, you were just another team. We didn't care about you and that was the truth. Now I think most Saints fans do indeed feel differently. You're still miles below Pompey, but, in my eyes at least, you are a minor rival, and that is due to your behaviour, not ours. As for being "bitter" about not winning League One, please get that out of your heads. It's League One for god's sake. The third division. Joining the likes of Luton, Southend and Scunthorpe as recent past winners was not a priority. Promotion was, and that's what we achieved. Like I said, the animosity stems from your fans' behaviour last year, nothing else.

Long-winded rant over.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011

Calling him a "monkey" is not racist you absolute plonker. It's nothing to do with his race. It's to do with his looks. He is a WHITE man with chimp-like features. When did making fun of somebody's looks become racist? I know you're a liberal bunch in Brighton but that would be taking political-correctness to an extreme!

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Calling him a "monkey" is not racist you absolute plonker. It's nothing to do with his race. It's to do with his looks. He is a WHITE man with chimp-like features. When did making fun of somebody's looks become racist? I know you're a liberal bunch in Brighton but that would be taking political-correctness to an extreme!

We had to report back to the FA about allegations of racial abuse for calling Bellamy a sheep-shagger. (and found not guilty). So why shouldn't you lot suffer this too! ;-) Also.. why is calling a white man a monkey different from calling a black man a monkey? Explain please.....

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
We had to report back to the FA about allegations of racial abuse for calling Bellamy a sheep-shagger. (and found not guilty). So why shouldn't you lot suffer this too! ;-) Also.. why is calling a white man a monkey different from calling a black man a monkey? Explain please.....

"Sheep-shagger" is a stereotype. Calling a black man a monkey is suggesting that they're animals, they belong in the jungle, they're inferior, they ALL look like apes, etc. Calling a white man a monkey is simply saying he looks like a monkey.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I hate the scummers more than most but you need to wind your neck in a bit. Poyet like george bush does have chisselled/simian features. Have you seen the site Bush or Chimp?

I'm just happy to accept Scummer fans are 90% tossers and halfwits.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It's bizarre how Saints fans are so confident. After all we've only won our last 19 home games.

and yes the fact that were 5 pts clear at the top whilst youre mid-table does pale into insignificance when considering you finished a whopping 3pts above us last season albeit with a worse goal difference.

I have 3 brothers and many chums who are Albion fans yet strangely NONE of them appear to want to go to this. Can't think why?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I call on every to write to the Editor ian.murray@dailyecho.co.uk about the appalling racist remarks about Gus by Soton low life. If you are not satisified with their response, contact Newquest HQ in Weybridge.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It's bizarre how Saints fans are so confident. After all we've only won our last 19 home games.

and yes the fact that were 5 pts clear at the top whilst youre mid-table does pale into insignificance when considering you finished a whopping 3pts above us last season albeit with a worse goal difference.

I have 3 brothers and many chums who are Albion fans yet strangely NONE of them appear to want to go to this. Can't think why?

Well They are the only ones who don't want to go as we sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here