Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
Southampton - like Palace & Pompey another club that f*cked over local businesses and came out smelling of roses.

Would love to see them fail like last season when their boasting came to nothing and we had our feet up and the trophy in the cabinet.

Wrong. We didn't owe any local businesses, we owed Norwich Union.

Get your facts right before you criticise because it makes you look like an idiot

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
As a Southampton fan, I took a different view to Gus's comments. He's really setting the expectations so low that it can only be covering his own back. Brighton have got much more chance than Gus is making out.

Yes, Saints are on a good run at home, but it's bound to end sooner rather than later and who better than a team that's taken 4 points out of St.Marys in the last two seasons.

Gus really should know better than any manager in the division how to set his side up to play Saints, not be bleating about it being spectacular if Brighton get a point.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
latest news.................following Mike Ashley renaming St James Park the Sports Direct Arena in honour of the company that made him his millions, Southampton have announced that St Mary's is to be renamed Stalug Luft XVI

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton fans will use any excuse to come on here. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], can't we restrict them to 3 posts a day like their own shithouse site does?

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Calling my post "moronic" is really put of order. Who would on this earth like to see their team go up, only to cone crashing back down setting loads of unwanted records for the division?, or otherwise known as "Doing a Derby". Ironically that season had their best kits.

I would love to see Brighton in the Prem, who wouldn't?, not wanting to IS moronic. At this moment in time however, I think the team needs to be slightly improved in a few areas, after those improvements are made and we go up, I'll be more than confident we'll emulate Stoke's debut season. If we do go up this season, I'll be very confident anyway, cos Gus knows his stuff and will buy the best he can to improve the squad. Adkins on the other hand I would have nowhere as much confidence in if he was Brighton boss.

I will not be surprised if Southampton go crashing down next season like a pile of bricks with Adkins in charge if they go up.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Southampton fans really are full of themselves. Okay, the town in the weekend is full of drunk wierdos throwing up, while the whole town looks like a scene from "Cops With Cameras", so I can see why they occupy themselves with football loads. Still no excuse to be an arrogant c*nt over it though!.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Saints fans listen.....Rivalry REALLY? We have 1 rival and that is PALACE you lot are just a small team next to Pompey. Who are by your rules are a much bigger club than you due to their recent run in the Premier and don't lets forget Wembley too. But you my friends, don't even register on my radar as rivals.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
377460_10150341158856179_618536178_8593187_942459825_n.jpg

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
It's bizarre how Saints fans are so confident. After all we've only won our last 19 home games.

and yes the fact that were 5 pts clear at the top whilst youre mid-table does pale into insignificance when considering you finished a whopping 3pts above us last season albeit with a worse goal difference.

I have 3 brothers and many chums who are Albion fans yet strangely NONE of them appear to want to go to this. Can't think why?

Maybe they can't get tickets ? After all the allocated 3500 given to us sold out. Seems to me, no Brighton fans want to go.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Orient
Chesterfield
Reading
Southampton

...all teams that helped fill the Palace-less void in which we found ourselves for more years than we'd like. But now we're back on a level footing with Palace, it is the only rivalry that matters. Sure, there is more spice with Southampton this year than, say Millwall or West Ham. That is solely due to how recently, ie last season, we had our skirmish with them. But that will fade with time so that they'll just be A.N.Other club.

They'll always be just along the coast, of course, so we'll always travel there in decent numbers but a rivalry needs more than that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Orient
Chesterfield
Reading
Southampton

...all teams that helped fill the Palace-less void in which we found ourselves for more years than we'd like. But now we're back on a level footing with Palace, it is the only rivalry that matters. Sure, there is more spice with Southampton this year than, say Millwall or West Ham. That is solely due to how recently, ie last season, we had our skirmish with them. But that will fade with time so that they'll just be A.N.Other club.

They'll always be just along the coast, of course, so we'll always travel there in decent numbers but a rivalry needs more than that.

spot on

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Orient
Chesterfield
Reading
Southampton

You forgot Cardiff, see how easy it is after a few years.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
Saints fans listen.....Rivalry REALLY? We have 1 rival and that is PALACE you lot are just a small team next to Pompey. Who are by your rules are a much bigger club than you due to their recent run in the Premier and don't lets forget Wembley too. But you my friends, don't even register on my radar as rivals.

Nobody has called you rivals as far as I can see you pleb, that was your own saying that. You're just another team on our notch of home wins, albeit a bit local.
Portsmuff are our only rivals and is a rivalry yours with Palace doesn't even come close to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I trust when Saints get promoted they will start paying back everyone they ripped off when they went into administration. Another club that seem to have got away with complete financial mis-management at others expense.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Nobody has called you rivals as far as I can see you pleb, that was your own saying that. You're just another team on our notch of home wins, albeit a bit local.
Portsmuff are our only rivals and is a rivalry yours with Palace doesn't even come close to.

There were plenty of Saints AND Brighton fans calling us rivals, when clearly we are not. So have a read back to last year, and you will see. As for who's rivalry is bigger, grow up mate as my dads bigger than your dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here