Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Becase it is TEDIOUS and inevitably some bore will come on here and tell us we are obsessed or something and it wont be long till we are invaded by Sains fans again in some binfest for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll just avoind any threads concerning Southampton.

If something has the post heading involving Southampton and you find it tedious, don't click on it... simples.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In their eyes it was never down to league position - they percieved themselves to be The Team To Beat last season simply because they are Southampton FC - "a Premier League team on loan to the third division". Its an arrogant viewpoint, but there is an element of truth in it. Ask most L1 fans League who they'd most like to beat that season (outside of their own parochial rivalries), and Southampton would probably be seen as the biggest scalp, just based on their recent history of being in the top 2 leagues.

Sheffield Wednesday? Charlton Athletic?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I still don't give a stuff about Southampton. We were the best side in League One last season... but that was last season and this is now, and I'll still be happy with a mid table finish. Southampton have had a brilliant start to the season, and it'll be interesting to see if they can sustain it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Becase it is TEDIOUS and inevitably some bore will come on here and tell us we are obsessed or something and it wont be long till we are invaded by Sains fans again in some binfest for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll just avoind any threads concerning Southampton.

It is our next game, there is some recent history and they are the runaway leaders. This is a football site primarily, don't understand why you'd have a problem with Southampton threads personally especially ones that are pointing us to abuse from what appear to be mostly retards

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Saints fan here.

Should be a good game, excited to see Vicente in action. He is class and I was surprised he joined a Championship club. Should also be some decent banter throughout the match too and a decent 30k+ crowd.

Regarding the match itself. Part of me thinks we will win the game by a couple goals, another part of me wonders if Gus will try to spring a few surprises. Another part of me is waiting for our home run to end..it's getting ridiculous (must be one of the luckiest season ticket holders, Saints fans, at the mo).

Whoever wins, I don't expect either set of fans to lose gracefully, sadly. At least not the minority who air their views via the internet.

Anyway, see you next Saturday, safe journey etc etc etc :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"If we get something it will be spectacular. We are going to be in every single newspaper and on TV talking about how we stopped Southampton, which is great.”

:facepalm:

I do wish Gus would tone down the hyperbole a bit.
Winning at Southampton would not be a "spectacular" result at all. Desirable of course, surprising maybe, but we're not playing at Old Trafford are we. Yes they are top at the moment, but top of the same division we are in. Its just another League game.

He's making us sound like Torquay on a cup run.

And THIS is why Im ANNOYED that Gus was paying the Palace game LIP SERVICE.

Seems he would rather get one over on Stains.

I DONT CARE about Stains, ya HEAR me Gus its PALACE. P.A.L.A.C.E

Dougie KNEW but you DIDNT epic FAIL.

Of course it will be "news" that we stopped Stains, about as "newsworthy" as when Leics beat them as well. So thats a few column inches and a bit of the FLS. GREAT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sheffield Wednesday? Charlton Athletic?

Sheffield Wednesday have been gubbins for years now. I doubt anyone views them as much of a scalp any more.

Charlton are similar in status to Southampton at L1 level I suppose, in that they've been in the Prem in recent memory. But unlike Southampton, they don't get the crowds. So no, I'd say beating Southampton would generally be seen as better than beating Charlton last season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Saints fan here.

Should be a good game, excited to see Vicente in action. He is class and I was surprised he joined a Championship club. Should also be some decent banter throughout the match too and a decent 30k+ crowd.

Regarding the match itself. Part of me thinks we will win the game by a couple goals, another part of me wonders if Gus will try to spring a few surprises. Another part of me is waiting for our home run to end..it's getting ridiculous (must be one of the luckiest season ticket holders, Saints fans, at the mo).

Whoever wins, I don't expect either set of fans to lose gracefully, sadly. At least not the minority who air their views via the internet.

Anyway, see you next Saturday, safe journey etc etc etc :)
Have you read those comments on the Echo site. What do you think about them?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Not sure what to say about the saints. Im not too bothered about them but after reading those crap comments lets have em in there own back yard. If not just a point pleaseeeeee:O:O

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Saints fan here.

Anyway, see you next Saturday, safe journey etc etc etc :)[/Quote
I know not all Saints are like the posters on that site,but it did'nt take long for the Racist and Homophobic remarks to come out did it,when they came out 40 YEARS ago they were considered funny,but Oh!Coming out with a town full of queers... THINKING..LOOK AT ME I MADE A FUNNY REMARK!!...Please grow up....I was there when Gus managed his first away game,(1-3) and the 0-0 draw. I hope it is a good game,plenty of banter so the challenge is,can Saints come up with something new instead of the "Does your boyfriend know your here?"You know the reply will be,"Your too ugly to be gay!"

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
That comment list is like an endless idiot's parade. I'm halfway down and not one seemed to clock their team was being complimented - rather it was 'don't try mind games with our genius Atkins'

It does seem to stick in their gullet that they didn't win L1 - all this animosity towards us. If I were them I wouldn't have time to give such a pathetic shit, looking down from top of the Champ as they are now with 36 points. Very Very Sad on their part. A world away from decent supporters IMO (the posters, not saints fans in general) and sad sad and little minded as f***.

I personally think Saints had a much more Championship-ready set up starting with their squad. I'm happy with where we are - we were always going to have a bit more work to do as a club to start achieving at the next level... and on their part, good luck to them! Can't help but be wound up by mongish knobs on that board though I should stop reading really... but still i like me little dose of rage now and then

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Lets not start this tedious guff with Saints fans again shall we, they're just another side in the league that we are in.

Too late I fear, it's difficult to stop oneself going on the Echo site and giving it some - they're gagging for it!!

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
My missus is from the New Forest and I have several St. Mary's STHs as friends down that way. Last season it did stick in their throat that we were above them and won the title but they always said that ultimately Saints had a better pedigree and a side that was stronger, more experienced at higher levels and offered greater depth. They got more vocal about it over the final weeks of the season as their form peaked and ours went off the boil, maintained the stance for the early part of this season and have been positively gloating after our struggles.

In some ways I do agree with them and as far as the current table and form goes they have every right to feel they have an excellent team. The tables can yet turn again however and I think we could go there and nick a point at the very least. I for one can't wait!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The reason I dont like Stains, or to be more exact their fans, isn't so much arrogance. I can make arrogant comments about stuffing them 3-0.

Its their over-arching sense of entitlement way above their station.

Theyve a 30,000 stadium. That means they are a chamionship club. In good times they'll have a few years in the prem, in bad times a few in Div1. And thats about it.

same goes for sheff wed and charlton mentioned, as well as sheff utd. The same applies to about 10 teams in the premier as well. I can remember Oxford Utd being top flight, so what?

Feb 14, 2010
Saints were always the small time plucky underdog who played at the dingly dell in front of 15000 despite being in the top flight. Quite the reverse of the Albion that had 25000/30000 crowds in the third division. Saints are irrelevant to us. Brighton always look to palace, then pompey then other London clubs for a rivalry. Saints are as irrelevant as Swindon except that they are closer and have a nice ground. Have to say tho, I went to the old dingly dell years ago and stayed in Southampton. There was absolutely nothing to do in the town so we went for a curry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here