Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments from Saints Fans on local paper site...

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
I'd rather be 10th in the Champ while being League 1 champs, rather than a runner-up of league 1 with Premier League promotion, only to go down next season while setting loads of unwanted records for the division!.

I presume you are joking

A shitty little trophy rather than making trips to the likes of Old Trafford and the Emirates? Yeah, ok

Yeovil Saint

Apr 22, 2011
...all teams that helped fill the Palace-less void in which we found ourselves for more years than we'd like. But now we're back on a level footing with Palace, it is the only rivalry that matters. Sure, there is more spice with Southampton this year than, say Millwall or West Ham. That is solely due to how recently, ie last season, we had our skirmish with them. But that will fade with time so that they'll just be A.N.Other club.

They'll always be just along the coast, of course, so we'll always travel there in decent numbers but a rivalry needs more than that.
Exactly right, a bit like our "rivalry" with Tottenham before Pompey got up to the Premier League. The banter's fun but ultimately meaningless compared to Saints/Pompey or I guess the Palace/Brighton rivalry(1).

Hopefully the Saints/Brighton banter can carry on a bit longer because that'll mean both of the decent South Coast clubs are doing well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Exactly right, a bit like our "rivalry" with Tottenham before Pompey got up to the Premier League. The banter's fun but ultimately meaningless compared to Saints/Pompey or I guess the Palace/Brighton rivalry(1).

Hopefully the Saints/Brighton banter can carry on a bit longer because that'll mean both of the decent South Coast clubs are doing well.

Amen to that, a non arrogant SCC fan!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Considering Southampton already have a c33,000 seater stadium and a Clive Woodward designed training ground (say what you will about the man, he knows his sports science), the question really should be how they ever needed to battle it out with us in League One.

Set up wise we are still two or three years away from that and perhaps the difference is showing on the pitch?

We have both invested in the long term stuff, which is more than Portsmouth did.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
" Calling a black man a monkey is suggesting that they're animals, they belong in the jungle, they're inferior, they ALL look like apes, etc. Calling a white man a monkey is simply saying he looks like a monkey.

In your example you are differentiating between a black man and a white man which is racist thinking in itself. As for the football you have won nothing this year like you won nothing last year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Set up wise we are still two or three years away from that and perhaps the difference is showing on the pitch?/QUOTE]

Slightly longer than that I think, like Palace, on occasions, they seem to have a steady stream of Premiership quality young players coming through their academy. We are some way off that. Ironic that Saints have two of the very few who were actually any good who came though our youth set up in their 1st team squad, along with the manager of said youth team!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Set up wise we are still two or three years away from that and perhaps the difference is showing on the pitch?/QUOTE]

Slightly longer than that I think, like Palace, on occasions, they seem to have a steady stream of Premiership quality young players coming through their academy. We are some way off that. Ironic that Saints have two of the very few who were actually any good who came though our youth set up in their 1st team squad, along with the manager of said youth team!

I think in terms of youth structure it might take a decade to get to that stage, although with the new deal with the Premier League who knows? Realistically though we need the extra seats (money) and training ground (preparing the first team) before we can kick on.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
saints fans listen.....rivalry really? We have 1 rival and that is palace you lot are just a small team next to pompey. Who are by your rules are a much bigger club than you due to their recent run in the premier and don't lets forget wembley too. But you my friends, don't even register on my radar as rivals.

that's what we've been telling you lot for the past f***ing year!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They`ve been top since the start in a ground that holds 32k. Meanwhile little old Brighton whose core support shrunk to 6-7k are now averaging 3.5k behind them in the attendance charts in a ground that is sold out for every match.
Then they pile on here to tell us how insignificant we are.
I suspect that we are going to become even more insignificant over the coming years.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They`ve been top since the start in a ground that holds 32k.

No they haven't. They weren't top first weekend, Ipswich were. They the went top until we over took them for a couple of weeks, we were toppled by Middlesborough. Saints have been top since 24th September.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
In your example you are differentiating between a black man and a white man which is racist thinking in itself. As for the football you have won nothing this year like you won nothing last year.

Oh, the Football League Trophy we won last year doesn't count? Ok then.

Just had a look at your honours list on Wikipedia. I wish we won more lower league titles rather than spending most of our history in the top flight. How many seasons have you had in Div 1? Three? I'm so bitter and jealous.

I look forward to you calling me "arrogant" whilst completely disregarding your own arrogance in the process.

Why don't you run along to your own sort instead of coming here in your droves to proclaim this on a regularly tedious basis.

Never visited this site before yesterday.

You sure you've been telling us for a year?

Never mentioned this particular site.

liamsfc

Nov 9, 2011
They`ve been top since the start in a ground that holds 32k. Meanwhile little old Brighton whose core support shrunk to 6-7k are now averaging 3.5k behind them in the attendance charts in a ground that is sold out for every match.

??? So... you're bragging about getting smaller attendances than us? Cool. Let's see what your attendances are like once the novelty of your new stadium has worn off and your drifting around in lower league mid-table obscurity. I suspect it won't be 22,000.

Then they pile on here to tell us how insignificant we are.
I suspect that we are going to become even more insignificant over the coming years.

You got one thing right at least :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here