Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"coloured people" Poyet quote....

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
racism can f*** off!

i was called white boy by some asians at my school. what did i do? nothing! why? because i am a white boy FFS!

what would they have done if i had called them black/brown? exactly! racism is a f***ing joke and its all one way!

Used to get shit like this a lot when I lived in Slough (council ward I was in was about 80% Asian) walking home from the station anytime after about 7 in the evening from groups of Asian youngsters obviously just looking for a reaction.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4579206 said:
:facepalm: Do you actually now what it means? It's actually spelt half-caste, castus being the latin for pure. It basically means "half pure" which I think can be considered a racist and derogatory term.

Tried to be clever............................. and you f***ed it up. Brilliant.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Greetings. If I was an Albion supporter I think I would want Gus to keep his opinion private. I don't think he does himself, or the Albion, any favours by coming out with this kind of statement.

Happy Xmas to all from Shoreham

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Greetings. If I was an Albion supporter I think I would want Gus to keep his opinion private. I don't think he does himself, or the Albion, any favours by coming out with this kind of statement.

And as an Albion supporter I think I want you to keep your opinion private. So f*** off and happy Xmas!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How come people on this board are happy to say cxnt, but won't say ******? If one person calls someone else a cxnt in the middle of the street they WILL get a slap no matter what race, so surely it's a more offensive term.
I think tv in this country has become like that, like when liz got kicked out of BB for calling that twat charlie a n*, and then when it was discussed on programs afterwards, everyone had to refer to the word as the 'n' word. Now I've been infected with channel 4 views.
Yes. From the late 1960's into the 70's, possibly longer, it was offensive to call Negroes 'black'. To be polite we had to use the word 'coloured'. Then, I do not know when, but it suddenly became offensive to use the word 'coloured' and we had to then revert to using 'black' which was then deemed polite.
Maybe someone asked a black person what they thought? Anyway, I'll take your word for it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I have a colour tv, should i report it to the relevant authorities for being racist?

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Maybe someone asked a black person what they thought? Anyway, I'll take your word for it.

Bit of a knob you are. You can state how you know I am wrong and then want me to give more details to prove it to you. Why don't you do your own research you arrogant twat... anyway... from this

The n-word: black Britons speak | UK news | The Observer

To quote Brendan Batson who was one of the first non pink players....

'A few decades ago it was rude to be called black and people used the word coloured. Now it is not acceptable to be called coloured and the word black is a source of pride. They have swapped position.'

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
1720 FOOTBALL: Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed that stewards at Thursday night's game against Chelsea at White Hart Lane will wear head-mounted cameras to monitor for foul, homophobic or racist abuse.

World's gone mad...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

I'm an Albion supporter and i think exactly that.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Our football manager still refers to Black people as coloured and we have 2 black players who play for us, They could either be anal about it and call him up on it or they just dismiss it ( They take the 2nd option)

People from different countries and cultures and different generations will always be argued against over this. The UK has now become over sensitive with media organisations quick to jump on anyone who says something slightly controversial. Gus calls a black person "coloured" and the world calls him a racist. We have Kazenga Lua Lua and Liam Bridcutt in our team FFS.

Its official UK has gone mad.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Racism all one way , take the movie " White men can't jump" there would have been outrage if they had a film title called" black men can't swim ". That's the end of my argument .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bit of a knob you are. You can state how you know I am wrong and then want me to give more details to prove it to you. Why don't you do your own research you arrogant twat
:lolol: quality rant. I didn't state that you were wrong, and when I said 'Ill take your word for it' I wasn't being sarcastic, I was saying 'ok'. But don't let that stop you.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cal em what you like with a bunch of flowers in your hand, shout anything while waving a knife about has got to be wrong.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
:lolol: quality rant. I didn't state that you were wrong, and when I said 'Ill take your word for it' I wasn't being sarcastic, I was saying 'ok'. But don't let that stop you.

But you said 'Got any more detail on that? I know people did it, but that doesn't mean it was right. '

The insinuation was that I was wrong to call people coloured. That I was a racist. (And that accusation would be enough to get me banned on NSC for 8 weeks!!). That is why I went on a rant... now over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here