Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"coloured people" Poyet quote....

Maybe..maybe not. Suspicions do not equate to facts. However strongly they are held. i.e you know f*** all.

Only two people know the facts. Evra, being one of them, made the accusation about Suarez - who is the other one.
On the day, Suarez freely used terms that were insulting to Evra - who has tried to make light of them, and now is found guilty when brought to pay a piper he didn't think he would have to, on the day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Racism all one way , take the movie " White men can't jump" there would have been outrage if they had a film title called" black men can't swim ". That's the end of my argument .

But wasn't that the whole point? It was a film showing racism reversed, Woody's character was very much the discriminated person in the film, who could 'listen' to Hendrix, but couldn't 'hear' Hendrix on account of his colour, nor could anyone believe looking at him that he could play basketball. There was a bit of outrage at the time of it's release as well if I remember where many countries decided to change the title or mistranslated it.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Only two people know the facts. Evra, being one of them, made the accusation about Suarez - who is the other one.
On the day, Suarez freely used terms that were insulting to Evra - who has tried to make light of them, and now is found guilty when brought to pay a piper he didn't think he would have to, on the day.

No you are totally wrong. Totally wrong. Nobody knows the 'facts'. I may speak words that are insulting to you. That is subjective. And you could get me banned fron NSC. Your words 'when brought to pay a piper he didn't think he would have to, on the day.' are meaningless. Please explain further. Thanks

No you are totally wrong. Totally wrong. Nobody knows the 'facts'. I may speak words that are insulting to you. That is subjective. And you could get me banned fron NSC. Your words 'when brought to pay a piper he didn't think he would have to, on the day.' are meaningless. Please explain further. Thanks

Why would youm be banned from NSC, just for any headmental drivel? They allow that, y'know. Racism - not.
Two people obviously DO know the facts - FACTS. They were there and one actually said the offending words. Since they did get this to a court where one was found guilty - I suggest there's more than suspicion that the offence happened!
Suarez admitted to the words that Evra stated were offensive.

You can go off on one all you like mush - 'paying the piper' is answering to a sentence handed down by the court in this case - and Suarez freely bandied the words about on an open field where he was working in his profession, not believing it would come down to his answering for them.

Face it - that is what's happened whether you like it or not.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
They don't. They refer to refugees that came here by boat as boat people. They being the media, most people with half a brain simply refer to them as refugees.

Fair enough. I kept seeing it being mentioned on stuff.co.nz and thought it was common terminology. Looks like I've got a lot to learn between the media and reality.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Match of the Day racist? Of course not however Hansen has just used the term coloured twice. So which sad person will complain.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
The offending thread was removed, once the first complaint arrived ... THREE MINUTES after the thread had been started.

Trust me, hitony was right to act.

Are all posters banned after a complaint, no matter what THE time FRAME? I seriously doubt it. Why should we TRUST you?..explanation please, for the record.

Thanks,

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
5284889d-e761-89c5.jpg

I don't know how well this will work (uploading the image), but this it what had been printed in the metro. Seems pretty fair to me.

Sent by yolk folk

Are all posters banned after a complaint, no matter what THE time FRAME? I seriously doubt it. Why should we TRUST you?..explanation please, for the record.

Thanks,
It was the nature of the post that warranted a ban, irrespective of whether a complaint was made. And it's not about trust. We are here to moderate, not enter into discussions with posters who break the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here