Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards signs for Sheffield United

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
DAMANCLAY said:
Very true. Waste of talent really.

If Colin had either the talent to match his ego, or put in the efort to match his talent he would be a very good player. As it stands, Sheff UTD reserves is going to be the biggest move of his career.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am just wondering how the deal was done during the game as suggested by some on here because DK was stood in front of the main stand with his grandsons watching the match. Granted MM was on the phone just before kick off and I thought that he was ordering his chinese take-away for later.

I would be happy for a small fee, sell on clause, and a season long loan for Shipperley, a left back and central midfielder from their reserves.

Zed Seagull

BensGrandad said:
I am just wondering how the deal was done during the game as suggested by some on here because DK was stood in front of the main stand with his grandsons watching the match. Granted MM was on the phone just before kick off and I thought that he was ordering his chinese take-away for later.

I would be happy for a small fee, sell on clause, and a season long loan for Shipperley, a left back and central midfielder from their reserves.

That is some wish list!

Billy the Fish said:
Looking from a different angle, hasn't this just proved his agent/advisors right

No - it's proved his agent/advisers have had a long term plan to get him out of Brighton. Remember a key bit of evidence in this plot - CKR was telling people he was going to Sheffield United way back at the pre-season friendly in Worthing.

All he's done is put piss-all effort in since then to engineer that move as quickly as possible, lowering his price and being so disruptive that the board just wanted shot of him.

It's the actions of a bunch of ****s to be honest. I've excused him a lot because of his age but can't be bothered any more, I hope both him and that other twat Knight have nothing but bad luck for the rest of their careers. They have both let Brighton fans down very badly.

Last edited:

Zed Seagull

London Irish said:
No - it's proved his agent/advisers have had a long term plan to get him out of Brighton. Remember a key bit of evidence in this plot - CKR was telling people he was going to Sheffield United way back at the pre-season friendly in Worthing.

All he's done is put piss-all effort in since then to engineer that move as quickly as possible, lowering his price and being so disruptive that the board just wanted shot of him.

It's the actions of a bunch of ****s to be honest. I've excused him a lot because of his age but can't be bothered any more, I hope both him and that other twat Knight have nothing but bad luck for the rest of their careers. They have both let Brighton fans down very badly.

Hope your wrong but to be honest i think your spot on:nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that when he told Ben at the Worthing friendly he genuinely believed that it was a done deal for him to go to Sheff Utd. As LI has said, and I dont normally agree with him, when that deal didnt happen he then took steps to make sure it did and as cheap as possible for Warnock.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:

Interesting, I didn't know he'd said that. If that's the case then what you've said is probably about right.
From the agents point of view, he'll probably say that the end justifies the means. He got his move to a premiership club, even if that meant shitting on us in the process, I suppose that is just the way football is these days sadly. At the end of the day though, he's not that good so f*** him, hopefully he'll break his leg in training.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Jim in the West said:
Bugger....I think CKR has the chance to make it. It's interesting that we've now "lost" three players to Premiership or Championship sides:

CKR, Jarrett, and Carole.

Also interesting that all of them were signed by McGhee.

also good management from mcghee in not letting barnsley have our valuation him. then turning down their bid, as long as the blades bid was of better value to us.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not sure what i feel about this happening.

But what i do see is how different players react to similar situations.

Maybe Colin came here thinking he's the man, and he was the incumbent #1 striker.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that and everyone has to fight for their spot so to speak.

Colin could have taken a leaf out of Jake Robinson's book and seen that even if you come onto the scene and show promise doesnt mean everything is then handed to you on a silver platter.

Jake has worked his butt off to get into the starting XI and that's meant hes spent many a game in the reserves over the last few seasons to do so.

The same now is going to happen to Joe Gatting.

Colin could have learnt a bit from Joe and Jake because all 3 are similar ages, and at similar points in their careers, it's just a shame he couldnt match their attitudes.

Maybe it's not about CKR, it's actually all about securing a club to play against for Kerry's testimonial, we jsut gave em CKR to get the deal done

:D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
chez said:
It was a strange purchase to begin with really. A lot of people at the time thought that he should have bought in a journeyman type player. It's beginning to become obvious to me that McGhee loves a bit of gamble and I think he was hoping CKR would set the world alight and then be able to sell him for 10 or 15 times what we paid for him.

Or say, a LEFT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally Sheffield Utd. are welcome to him. His potential was mainly in hos own mind as he didn't show that much. As it is I wonder if he'll be the next ex Albion man to throtle Neil Warnock.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

Least Knight did something for the club at some point.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
CKR might have ended up being another Leon Knight throwing his toys out of his pram, but I'm a bit alarmed how many players seem to fall out with MM. Who's the common denominator in all this ?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:

Could it be that he thought MM was the C*nt as you call it and when he wasn't sacked at the end of last season and he didn't want to play for him so asked his advisors to get him away from MCGhee as soon as he could which i could perfectly understand.

McGhee strikes again!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
BensGrandad said:

I was standing next to him and said grandsons, we were chatting about a young lad, Sonny Cobb who had just come on and other youth team players. Then at about halfway through the second half he took a mobile phone call, told the grandsons to come along, very abrupt and off he went. I guess that was the call from Sheffield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here