Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards signs for Sheffield United

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superphil said:
I was standing next to him and said grandsons, we were chatting about a young lad, Sonny Cobb who had just come on and other youth team players. Then at about halfway through the second half he took a mobile phone call, told the grandsons to come along, very abrupt and off he went. I guess that was the call from Sheffield.

Must have been a done deal before then surely, cos it was on CEEFAX when I got home from the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Proberly right, he was a little distant, and getting pissed off with the little uns for wanting to piss about with the spare match ball.

Still took a call he wasn't expecting though.

And CKR walked by him, shook his hand and said "Bye Boss" or something like that, DK responded "Yeah, Cheerio Colin"

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sounds like CKR's advisors did well by him afterall then, what with engineering a move to a premiership club!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superphil said:
Proberly right, he was a little distant, and getting pissed off with the little uns for wanting to piss about with the spare match ball.

Still took a call he wasn't expecting though.

And CKR walked by him, shook his hand and said "Bye Boss" or something like that, DK responded "Yeah, Cheerio Colin"

McGhee quoted on CEEFAX page 393 at the moment:

"I am really disappointed and feel personally let down by Colin"

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the goals,I know you've had it hard from Magoo but still a shame you couldn't hang in there.We'll probably never see you in the premiership,but have fun anyway:wave: :wave: :wave:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
dcseagull said:
Doesn't make sense. Why play him tonight and risk him getting injured?

Sheffield United presumably wanted to see him play to check out his fitness and make sure they like what they see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As said earlier I would have settled for £75k witha sell on clause and an agreemenmt to a season loan for Shipperley, and a midfielder and full back from Sheff Utd reserves.

I dont think that is too much to ask.

Any more money and it will be swallowed in the black hole of Falmer so players are better for us at the moment.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
theres the nice grown up attitude of a Brighton fan

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rookie said:
theres the nice grown up attitude of a Brighton fan

A more honest appraisal of the thoughts of most fans than this gushing "Good luck Colin.. you were a brilliant sub" stuff.

In overall terms. he contributed precisely nothing to our club, has engineered a move and tried to disrupt the season in the process. I am usually delighted to see players move on to bigger, better things but there's no reason why this guy should get any good wishes from anyone at Withdean.

It's a struggle enough surviving in a temporary stadium without having prima donnas taking the club for a ride. Give me the likes of the (much criticised) Hammond and Chippy any day - they may not have the same innate talent, but they put the effort in week in, week out,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To get out of this division again we need 2 or 3 more journeymen players who have seen it done it and worn the teeshirt and most of all are injury free rather than have to keep bringing in young players who aren't ready yet.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it will be interesting to see if this 'attitude problem' rears its head at sheffield united, because neil warnock will not stand for any of it

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Has anyone come to the conclusion no-one may be at fault here. CKR was dropped for loss of form, potential he may have been but he was hardly setting the Championship on fire. His advisers had a word in his ear and advised him to slap in a transfer request, he might as well play somewhere where he could get a game or play for the reserves at a bigger club with the chance of the odd PREMIERSHIP game. Mark McGee reluctantly knew he had to sell him on rather than have a player on the cards who wanted to move on to bigger and better things. A fee would be the outcome releasing funds for a much wanted Goalscorer.................................................There everythings well with the world, everyone comes out of this with credit

CKR wanted better things........he has got it

MM wanted his players to WANT to play for the team and failing this has more funds to try to achieve this:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here