Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Reading and Kazenga to Southampton?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
FWIW, I would be very disappointed if we signed Lua Lua. If we go up, I would much rather us splash the cash on Snodgrass.
I would be very disapointed if I ever had to read one of your posts again.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I hate to say it but you're probably right, if we could get back what we paid for him I would be quite happy. Nothing against the chap, I just think he isn't intelligent enough to play at this level or with players like Vicente.

You are right when i said the same i got shot down in flames,we need intelligent players to play gus football not headless chickens,CMS does not fit in , mistake by Gus but we must move on

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Here we go again. Why would Reading be interested in CMS. The chances are that they will be in the premier nest season. CMS has had two seasons in the championship without scoring many goals. He runs about a lot but so does a headless chicken. Southampton are also going up. Lua Lua would be a reserve team player as he was at Newcastle.

This big time!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I havent read all this thread so may have already been stated but we turned down £3.5m from Reading in the window. They obviously rate him and are willing to pay good money. I have no doubts we will get our cash back and probably a profit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it the CMS honeymoon is well and truly over and now we're heading for an expensive divorce? Details still to be thrashed out.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
If CMS didn't do his little lap of honour at the end. Would we love him so much?

Imagine he marched straight down the tunnel rather than clapping the fans and making a point to be that last an off the pitch. Would we love him so much?

I think he's been below average since the Leeds game (6 months ago) but I still love him. If he acted differently I'm sure my opinion of him would be different.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I take it the CMS honeymoon is well and truly over and now we're heading for an expensive divorce? Details still to be thrashed out.

Looks to be the case. Its a shame really but, considering the money paid, its not really worked... Seems more like an expensive Thai bride.

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

Oct 25, 2003
Still Gus said he was going to build the side around him. He clearly hasn't done so which is a bit odd.

he probably realised that we're better off doing what we're doing (we're 4th) rather than building the team around one player

i think CMS can be decent in this league...not sure whether that's for us though....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has it not crossed anybodys mind that Gus may have a midfielder lined up to play the ball into CMS the way he wants it and the way we want it and will do what he says build the team around him. We must remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, this time last year we were getting excited about going into the Championships so still early days yet.

Oct 25, 2003
not sure he'd ever be a prolific goalscorer in this division though, as i'm not convinced by his finishing at all..........he's missed some SITTERS this season, which he would've been LYNCHED for if he had the popularity of Barnes

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Has it not crossed anybodys mind that Gus may have a midfielder lined up to play the ball into CMS the way he wants it and the way we want it and will do what he says build the team around him. We must remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, this time last year we were getting excited about going into the Championships so still early days yet.

I don't think we should play the ball to the way he likes it. We need a player who is able to amend their playing style to that of the team and not amend the team to the player. Also it's not just the goalscoring with CMS I just genuinely believe he is not a Championship quality player, and that is proven over the course of a game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think we should play the ball to the way he likes it. We need a player who is able to amend their playing style to that of the team and not amend the team to the player. Also it's not just the goalscoring with CMS I just genuinely believe he is not a Championship quality player, and that is proven over the course of a game.

My view was based on the fact that it was Gus who said he would build the team around CMS so presumably he expects us and the team to change not CMS.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would rely on building a talented midfield capable of feeding CMS the ball. That part of the project seems to have stalled.

Coincidence that CMS has gone off the boil since the injury to Dicker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With Bridcutt having a quiet time at the moment perhaps we shall Dicker push back into the side when he is ready and perhaps we will see a rejuvenated CMS all perhaps unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here