Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Reading and Kazenga to Southampton?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
after summers of seeing our best player leave, i'd be pissed if LuaLua went (or Buckley). CMS on the other hand... its not worked out. i think we want to be charitable and say its the tactics, which are clearly not suited to him, there has a to be a point you say its the player not adujsting. I'm not knocking him, you cant with a a player who puts in that effort, just be realistic for us and for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have it on good authority the Southampton are buying our entire squad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When the price is right every club is a selling club. Being fourth in the championship and having our own ground doesn't mean that doesn't apply to us any more. For the right price, any of our players will leave.

As well as that fact of football for all teams, you have to look at Gus's position - he ha repeatedly stated he won't stand in the way of anyone who wants to leave to further their careers, to take up offers at bigger clubs, etc.

If the money is right, if the player wants to leave, then it will happen.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Going completely off topic, I was looking at the guy who tweeted the pictures feed and saw this gem:

Reading fc fans ‏ [MENTION=3757]readingfc[/MENTION]Fans
Spread the word- bring large football socks to west ham away if your going! #readingfcfans #readingfc

Andrew Wearing ‏ @TheWearing
Looking forward to #readingfc sock day! Remember bring your socks to West Ham

Oh Reading :lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Going completely off topic, I was looking at the guy who tweeted the pictures feed and saw this gem:

Reading fc fans ‏ [MENTION=3757]readingfc[/MENTION]Fans
Spread the word- bring large football socks to west ham away if your going! #readingfcfans #readingfc

Andrew Wearing ‏ @TheWearing
Looking forward to #readingfc sock day! Remember bring your socks to West Ham

Oh Reading :lolol:

They really are one of the most tin-pot clubs in the country.
Most of my extended family are Reading fans and they all know the grand sum of f*** all about football. It's cringeworthy stuff to stay the least.
"C'mon Urz!!!!" :ffsparr:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
They should refuse all bids for lua lua, hes too good, too much potential, just wish hed play all the time. 5 mill for cms would be a ridiculous offer

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
#readingfc today have been linked with Craig Mackail Smith in... on Twitpic

In The People today. Surely if a £5 million bid came in for CMS we would have to sell? I think it'd be a terrific bit of business if we could sell for that price.

Really wouldn't want to sell KLL to Southampton though. It'd probably take a bid of £3-4 million for Gus and Tony to even consider it.

What do the fine people of NSC make of all this?

Note: In no way am I suggesting these rumours are true or even credible, just merely speculating on speculation!

Apologies if fixtures by the way, couldn't see it anywhere else.

Looking at your source, I wonder what user name the People reporter uses to post on here................

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If Reading offered 5 million for CMS we'd be stupid not to take that.

Kaz would warrant about 2 million at least, purely because we don't have to or want to sell him.

Kaz is worth more to us than CMS , but who would pay even 2 million for a striker that is struggling at this level, as he did in this division with Posh.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Were'nt Maynard and Sharp both sold for circa £2m. What world are people on believing anyone would pay £5m for CMS?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
CMS to Reading for £5 million is a bit like Kelly Brook agreeing to sleep with me. Good work, but both unlikely to happen.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Were'nt Maynard and Sharp both sold for circa £2m. What world are people on believing anyone would pay £5m for CMS?

£1.6 and £1.8 million. CMS, as I said when we were linked a year ago isn't up to it at this level as he is far from clinical. At most he is probably worth £1.5mill.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
£1.6 and £1.8 million. CMS, as I said when we were linked a year ago isn't up to it at this level as he is far from clinical. At most he is probably worth £1.5mill.

I hate to say it but you're probably right, if we could get back what we paid for him I would be quite happy. Nothing against the chap, I just think he isn't intelligent enough to play at this level or with players like Vicente.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
KLL will be a far more important player in the long term for us than CMS. I wouldn't part with him unless the price was ridiculously excessive.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Clinical? he`s more like a headless fcuking chicken at the moment, his value is dropping at a vast rate of knots

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Here we go again. Why would Reading be interested in CMS. The chances are that they will be in the premier nest season. CMS has had two seasons in the championship without scoring many goals. He runs about a lot but so does a headless chicken. Southampton are also going up. Lua Lua would be a reserve team player as he was at Newcastle.

I'm quite glad I don't seem to be the only one who feels this was about CMS. Although if they are stupid enough to pay £5 million for him I would bite their hand off!

Let him be their problem.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
FWIW, I would be very disappointed if we signed Lua Lua. If we go up, I would much rather us splash the cash on Snodgrass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here