Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, Simeon Jackson or perhaps Steve Morison?

I have to say, I really liked Jackson when he played for Gillingham at Withdean a few years ago. I think he scored too, and looked lively all game.

Yes but OBVIOUSLY your real reason for liking him is because he's called SIMEON.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So trying to stick to facts:
Who would we sign for 3million (guesstimation value but replace with anything between 2 and 5mill) that would bring an instant improvement?
He's unproven in the premiership and Norwich will not get relegated.
Gus is a stubborn bugger and Macca is his man would he basically admit failure with the integration of Macca in his team?

The only way I can see this happening is in the summer for a ridiculous fee and if that's the case then I would take it much as I'd hate to see him go, but personally I don't think its will.

Very well put and totally agree. :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
1 in 3 for us , not a bad return and not easily replaced despite his shortcomings

This this this and thrice this.................CMS will score 20-25 goals this season with us............who is the striker who will score more and cost around 3million..........he is NOT out there.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wow,£4 million or so.Makes you wonder what Wardy would have been worth in today's money,doesn't it!

Knowing those on here and how they like to massively underrate our players, if we were offered 50p they would probably be saying sell, sell, sell.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If there is a player exchange deal on the cards, I'd like to see Elliott Bennett coming back this way. He's hardly getting any game time at Norwich and could be a great link between the midfield and attack.
If we get 2m for CMS then I think we'll have been lucky. He's not set this division alight for many reasons, and with that I can't see us getting back what we paid

Isn't Bennett injured?

oh and thank God your not in charge of transfers at the club, ridiculous to suggest we sell a player who has 10 goals half way through the season and looks like he will easily reach his 20 goal target for less than we paid when he was unproven as a goal scorer at this level.

Glenn Murray only scored about 6 times last season for Palace last season and look at his return for this. Would you say they should have released him last year as not good enough for the Championship?

How about you give CMS a fair chance before claiming he's not up to it (his goal tally already says otherwise) and we should accept a stupidly low offer like that. If CMS was a Palace player, they would be talking 10's of millions for him as a transfer fee.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

Good news for all concerned if true

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Gus had some interesting things to say in the press conference, to throw into this discussion:

Craig is my top scorer and in my teams, the top scorer plays (or topa scorer as Gus says it)
If anyone wants any of my players this January, they will be expensive. Everyone else asks ridiculously high fees for players, so we will too.
If the right player(s) are available and we can afford them, then we may be buying in January.
Gus also said that he was hugely impressed with CMS' goal last week.

If CMS does go, it will be for a LOT of money. But he ain't going anywhere, imo. Gus has not given up on him as some on here have.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
CMS is one of the best strikers we have ever had at this club and is fully committed, I wish people would give him the 100% backing he deserves.

One thing is for sure, we will miss him when he is gone, I can't think of any more energetic and enthusiastic strikers around, most clubs think he is outstanding wish more on here did.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe Norwich could do a double swoop and get Ashley Barnes to hit some more goals in off CMS getting in the way. What a double act!

josephbha2530

Dec 9, 2012
There is no way CMS is off to Norwich.
why are some fans giving him stick?
he has been brilliant so far and there will be lots more goals to come to add to 10 already!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
CMS is one of the best strikers we have ever had at this club and is fully committed, I wish people would give him the 100% backing he deserves.

One thing is for sure, we will miss him when he is gone, I can't think of any more energetic and enthusiastic strikers around, most clubs think he is outstanding wish more on here did.

:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only way this is going to work for the club is if:

a) We get £4 million +
b) We buy at least one decent striker, and
c) That striker scores more for us than CMS did.

a) is iffy, b) may be dodgy on wages grounds (see Bothroyd choosing Sheff Wed over us) and c) his replacement would have to hit the ground running because there's absolutely nobody else other than CMS who looks like scoring the goals for us at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here