Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Like to know where all of these great strikers people seem to think we will be able to sign, after we have"sold" CMS are? Paynter, Vokes? If they are that good they will cost more than we get for CMS - so where is the extra dosh coming from? Stick with CMS, we will not get promoted without him. People on here need to get realistic, good srikers are like gold dust.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I'd be dissapointed because I don't think its CMS thats the problem I think its the way we play and I'm sure he'll start banging them in for Norwich much to our chargrin.

Anyway, this is a bit of 'my mate...' says to be believable (sorry Neecha). Even if you do know someone senior in NCFC there's still a lot that can happen which means a deal will never be struck.

I agree that it's the way we play. Put him in a normal 4-4-2 and I am sure he would be on 20 goals by now. Gus Poyet is a great character but IMHO he is somewhat stubborn with his tactics. It's a shame CMS should have been one of our greatest strikers of all time.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

Would be sad to see him go. Perhaps he doesn't get as many goals as he should but he does panic the opposing defence when he goes on one of his runs.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Best striker at the club, keep him without doubt.

Dont wana have to sit through posts an posts like i do for murray saying 'why did gus let him go' after he scores a few for another club.

There's quite a big difference between letting CMS go to Norwich, for let's say £4 million, and our TOP-SCORER with 20-odd goals the season before, going on a FREE to PALACE.

Even if he went in January and scored 10 before the end of the season, if we sign 2 strikers with the transfer fee garnered that fire us on to the play-offs, I doubt we'll be complaining.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No we can't afford it.

CMS will be sold in Jan for a striker who fits our style.

We can't afford to play Hoskins or Dobbie, the two players with quality that we already own?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But i remember reading that we were going to build a team around CMS when we first signed him
hmm.gif

As said above, a really, really bizarre move from Gus.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
There's quite a big difference between letting CMS go to Norwich, for let's say £4 million, and our TOP-SCORER with 20-odd goals the season before, going on a FREE to PALACE.

Even if he went in January and scored 10 before the end of the season, if we sign 2 strikers with the transfer fee garnered that fire us on to the play-offs, I doubt we'll be complaining.

so buy another two Dobbies and let them have 2 months to settle in an gel u mean?

and i dont think there is a differance as our club has moved on an upwards since then, so our situation has changed. the fee shouldnt come into it if were looking to get promotion. and as much as im a hater of murray for the palace move, palace dont come into this.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
so buy another two Dobbies and let them have 2 months to settle in an gel u mean?

and i dont think there is a differance as our club has moved on an upwards since then, so our situation has changed. the fee shouldnt come into it if were looking to get promotion. and as much as im a hater of murray for the palace move, palace dont come into this.

I guess so. Buying competent strikers isn't exactly Gus's forte.

Fair enough, but at least we would get some money to reinvest if we did sell. We just need Gus to find us a Michu-esque bargain from abroad somehow; there clearly aren't many strikers in England that we'd be able to sign and that would get us 20 a season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So trying to stick to facts:
Who would we sign for 3million (guesstimation value but replace with anything between 2 and 5mill) that would bring an instant improvement?
He's unproven in the premiership and Norwich will not get relegated.
Gus is a stubborn bugger and Macca is his man would he basically admit failure with the integration of Macca in his team?

The only way I can see this happening is in the summer for a ridiculous fee and if that's the case then I would take it much as I'd hate to see him go, but personally I don't think its will.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Believe what you like. Warnock is bringing players he wants in now and they can't buy CMS without letting someone else go.

Seems very likely to me. Gus has wanted Becchio in the past, Warnock wants CMS. Add in a million and deal is a good one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is like deja vu all over again. In August CMS was *definitely* going to Leeds, Norwich or somewhere. He didn't. Presumably because Gus wants to keep him unless he's offered a stupid amount of money. He wasn't.
And we must find *another* 20 goal a year striker. Yet CMS has scored 10 goals and we're not halfway through the season yet. er, so on track to score 20+ then.
And the Glenn Murray handwringing. Not sure how much patience we'd have had with him if he'd scored 7 goals for us (which he did for Palace last year but conveniently forgotten in any of these conversations) in 2011/12. We'd be itching for a replacement . Probably someone like CMS. perhaps.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'd be dissapointed because I don't think its CMS thats the problem I think its the way we play and I'm sure he'll start banging them in for Norwich much to our chargrin.

Anyway, this is a bit of 'my mate...' says to be believable (sorry Neecha). Even if you do know someone senior in NCFC there's still a lot that can happen which means a deal will never be struck.

^^
This

You could replace him with Robin Van Persie, it wouldn't change much, The tactics and poor defending at set pieces with our current squad of midgets is the problem.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

It's looking pretty ominous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here