Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Norwich I desperate enough to pay anything more than what we paid for him, I think we should sell.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Squad player, impact off the bench another dimension?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The CMS question pales into insignificance with what's awaiting us. Arsene Wenger has got millions to spend in january, what's going to be left of our team then?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Squad player, impact off the bench another dimension?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think we'd need two quality strikers to replace him. We plan to input one by his side anyhow, so the £4m or so we'd get for him would have to pretty much all be spent on two decent forwards.
I wouldn't like to see him go. I'm a fan of his bravery and although i can't claim him to be immaculate in front of goal, he has his moments and its his allround game that impresses and threatens. Like pretty much every striker, he needs a partner who he links with perfectly. That can be another forward or a playmaker who reads him just right. We'll see what January gives us. The way he's going, though, 20 goals is his likely achievement this season and that's plenty good enough for me.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't see why everyone seems to think it's CMS or nothing. Can't we get another striker, and have CMS as part of a strikeforce? I think there's too much pressure on CMS at the moment to be the sole breadwinner, so to speak.

No we can't afford it.

CMS will be sold in Jan for a striker who fits our style.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think we'd need two quality strikers to replace him. We plan to input one by his side anyhow, so the £4m or so we'd get for him would have to pretty much all be spent on two decent forwards.
I wouldn't like to see him go. I'm a fan of his bravery and although i can't claim him to be immaculate in front of goal, he has his moments and its his allround game that impresses and threatens. Like pretty much every striker, he needs a partner who he links with perfectly. That can be another forward or a playmaker who reads him just right. We'll see what January gives us. The way he's going, though, 20 goals is his likely achievement this season and that's plenty good enough for me.

Wow,£4 million or so.Makes you wonder what Wardy would have been worth in today's money,doesn't it!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Twould be sad as he is a hard worker and gives 101%
every match he plays for us.
But I have to concur with some on here
that a fat pile o'cash and a top quality striker or two
would be great.
What gets to me every time he plays is he walks around the whole pitch
clapping every one of us !
What a star !!! Well done CMS and if you do go then damn good luck to ya fella !!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I can't see Norwich forking out the £3.5-4 million it would take for us to sell, on a player who really hasn't turned up any trees in the Championship.

Would probably work out well for everyone if he went though. Think he'd get more goal-scoring chances at Norwich due to their set-up and we'd be able to finally bring in two quality strikers to get us up, hopefully.
That said, knowing Gus we'd probably end up with Chris Holroyd and another winger.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If there is a player exchange deal on the cards, I'd like to see Elliott Bennett coming back this way. He's hardly getting any game time at Norwich and could be a great link between the midfield and attack.
If we get 2m for CMS then I think we'll have been lucky. He's not set this division alight for many reasons, and with that I can't see us getting back what we paid

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
We're not going to change the entire philosophy of the whole club from the youth and development squad all the way up to the senior squad, all just to suit one average-to-good Championship striker.

But i remember reading that we were going to build a team around CMS when we first signed him
hmm.gif

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Personal friend of mine works at NCFC in a very senior capacity (not as a janitor or in the burger stands) and he is under the impression this is going to happen. Fee will be substantial but his wages will go up massively so lets see what happens in January. Is this such a bad thing IF if its true.

ps

Before you decide to start giving it the large remember it might be true so don't shoot the messenger.

Best striker at the club, keep him without doubt.

Dont wana have to sit through posts an posts like i do for murray saying 'why did gus let him go' after he scores a few for another club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here