Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS off to Norwich...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a substantial fee is probably little more than we paid but cash realised is cash available IF it happens. I would put odds on not...........???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
its a bit of protection from the inevitable knuckle dragger whose not read the paragraph properly!

The paragraph that says your 'mate' is "under the impression this is going to happen", but the title suggests that it is a done deal?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Makes it all the more bizarre we bought him in the first place

It does. Perhaps Gus thought he had a better first touch than the reality, and was hoping we could play our passing style at a higher tempo.

To be fair, occasionally he has looked the absolute part for us, hence why so many people will defend him come what may. There are times when he has been on one of his runs that you think he might get 30 goals or so.

However, these runs seem to last a couple of weeks then disappear for a couple of months.

If it was a decent offer I'd probably be happy to take it, and just be sad it didn't quite work out for either party.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, occasionally he has looked the absolute part for us, hence why so many people will defend him come what may. There are times when he has been on one of his runs that you think he might get 30 goals or so.

However, these runs seem to last a couple of weeks then disappear for a couple of months.

If it was a decent offer I'd probably be happy to take it, and just be sad it didn't quite work out for either party.

Sometimes it clicks, yes, but he still doesn't really quite have the attributes that you think would suit playing as a 1 up top in a side that plays patient, passing, possession football.

Glenn Murray on the other hand, etc.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

I'm firmly in the pro CMS camp I think he's an excellent player, it's just if he's not the sort of player we need and if we are not going to change our style of play, why did we pay £2.5 million for him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see why everyone seems to think it's CMS or nothing. Can't we get another striker, and have CMS as part of a strikeforce? I think there's too much pressure on CMS at the moment to be the sole breadwinner, so to speak.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm firmly in the pro CMS camp I think he's an excellent player, it's just if he's not the sort of player we need and if we are not going to change our style of play, why did we pay £2.5 million for him?

What I was trying to say is that we paid the money for him because we did think he would fit in, and I was pointing out that for some periods, clearly he has. It's only that for large other periods, he hasn't. I don't blame him, but neither do I blame our tactics or style of play. It's just one of those footballing things.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Why should a Prem team want a striker who hasn't really made a stunning impression in the Championship?
Maybe they might get more out of him than Poyet has,I suppose.

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I don't see why everyone seems to think it's CMS or nothing. Can't we get another striker, and have CMS as part of a strikeforce? I think there's too much pressure on CMS at the moment to be the sole breadwinner, so to speak.

I think the 'two up front' ship has sailed unfortunately.

I believe it was Gus's plan to play CMS and Hoskins up front as a pair but he soon realised that the way he wants to play, with the players he has at his disposal can only be done by sacrificing a forward.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We're not going to change the entire philosophy of the whole club from the youth and development squad all the way up to the senior squad, all just to suit one average-to-good Championship striker.

Good post although it won't stop people battering on about it, along with the need to bring in a 8 foot colossus as a target man!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

exactly..........Dobbie appears to be a player that should tie in well with CMS but they have not been given adequate game time together to form an understanding.......i really think cms would benefit from a target man along side him..........it would be a shame if he does go as i really don't think we have brought the best out of him ............a lone striker he aint.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder why a club in the Premier League would want to pay a lot of money for a striker who, over two and a half seasons, has yet to prove he can score consistently at Championship level?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£5M will come in handy if the rumour is true.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We're half way through December, nobody has the slightest of clue what is going to happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think the 'two up front' ship has sailed unfortunately.

I believe it was Gus's plan to play CMS and Hoskins up front as a pair but he soon realised that the way he wants to play, with the players he has at his disposal can only be done by sacrificing a forward.

spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here