Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christianity sucks! Anti-Religious Thread Alert (News item really)

Safeway said:
Smooth, I'd love to live in a church, that would be WELL good. Imagine the parties.....

:dance:

The Limelight clubs in the US have been built inside old churches, so it's been done!

I don't care what religion someone lays claim to, as long as they treat others properly and live-and-let-live without hindrance or harrassments. Same with poofs, shag blokes arses in their own space but don't bother me with it or let it affect other people.
If anyone gets their head kicked in for bothering people with their beliefs and practises, then they asked for it and deserve it imo.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Religion in my opinion is the worst thing to have been created (if thats the right word!).

The wars and trouble is has caused, Ireland( i know that isn't ALL religion), the middle east, it goes on and on!!!

:shootself

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Safeway said:
Smooth, I'd love to live in a church, that would be WELL good. Imagine the parties.....

:dance:

why don't you READ the post properly as well?

they live in a HOUSE not in a CHURCH.

fucks sake.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
here is my two-penny's worth:

i like most christians. they are nice people. my sister is a proper good chrisitan girl and is the nicest person i know. i miss her i do.
i would like to say i am a christian but i am rubbish at following the rules cos it is difficult so i guess i can't really.
i don't like some of the rules in the bible.
i don't understand how we are all here if there is not a god, yes, yes, i learnt about evolution and the big bang at school but WHAT made the big bang happen?

people who say they have no respect for people who are religious don't really mean it.

thank you please.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
SussexHoop said:
Can't remember who said it but someone referred to a 'News Of The World' mentality about paedophile priests.

I wonder how you would feel if you were to discover that the Catholic Church sent a priest to your parish knowing that he was accused of abusing a young girl? If the same priest was a regular visitor at the local primary school your daughter attends? If the way you were informed of this was not by the Church or the school but having to read it in the national newspaper (not the NOTW) that exposed this?

Happened a lot closer to home than some of you may realise.

i remember this its where my younger sister goes to school. (shoreham) my mum is deputy head as well. it was just printed in local papers.

the catholic church is one of the worse for glossing over these issues. yet they like to harp on about abortion, contraception etc. i don't believe in any religion causes to many problems and like someone said most of the universe and its creation comes down to science

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
The Northstander said:
Religion in my opinion is the worst thing to have been created (if thats the right word!).

The wars and trouble is has caused, Ireland( i know that isn't ALL religion), the middle east, it goes on and on!!!

:shootself

To be fair, religion was a useful tool on the road to civilisation. It was useful for the development of laws and morality, and gave hope to many when their existence was in doubt. Religion gave meaning when life was brutish and short and people had no idea what caused lightning, floods or crops to fail. In those times of ignorance it made sense to blame good times on gods being pleased and the bad times on the gods being angered.

However, I strongly believe that such times are past and we just need to grow up as a species and realise that we don't need to believe in invisible sky pixies any more.

Strange that someone can't believe that the Big Bang came from nothing, but is quite happy to believe that an omnipotent, omniscient omnipresent supreme being can ...

Robbo

oapdodge said:
Religon is the root of all evil.Starting nearly every war.They take as much cash off people as possible and all claim to be skint.All religon is hypocritical.All argue that theirs is better then the other one.Most only have one god but he takes sides against the others.What a load of bollocks.

Top f***ing post. :clap2:

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Platypuss said:

However, I strongly believe that such times are past and we just need to grow up as a species and realise that we don't need to believe in invisible sky pixies any more.

Strange that someone can't believe that the Big Bang came from nothing, but is quite happy to believe that an omnipotent, omniscient omnipresent supreme being can ...

Spot on, Platypuss!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Dandyman said:
Even if those 100 all thought that homosexuals were evil, that women were only good for procreation and cooking and Genesis was a literal truth ?

:clap2: :clap2: - good post !

Generally I find that people that follow their religion to the letter are the most bigoted, narrow mined individuals around.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yorkie said:
I haven't said that in any post whatsoever.

As you said it 'appears to be'. Possibly you are reading my posts the way you want to read them.

No i'm reading them as you write them. The impression they give is that you believe that "goodness" comes from a divine being, your Christian God.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What sort of evil bastard sends a plague of locusts to eat all the villages only income, I think they were farmers any how!!!

Frogs un'all, how the F*** are you supposed to sleep with all that bleedin croakin going on!

Religion!! TCH!!!

Dandyman

In London village.
For anyone still reading there are two interesting articles in "The Guardian" today relating to this topic.

One is on the Comment & Analysis page and makes reference to the Tom Paine festival in Lewes, Lewes Bonfire, Jeremy Gorings' "Burn Holy Fire" book and the tradition of religious non-conformism and political dissent. The other in the International News pages records that the Roman Catholic archdiocese of Oregan has become the first in the US to file for bankruptcy protection in response to increasing accusations of child abuse. The archdiocese has already paid out $53 million (£29m) to settle previous claims.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
TC said:
This thread is BOLLOCKS!

All of you who are arguing don't have any solid basis to your arguments...:shootself

You could try convincing us.If you have a belief,What religion do you follow ? Do you agree with other religions ? Do you accept other religions ? Do they worship a different god ?I've seen argumentative threads on here fairly recently where two "religious" people disagreed and were basically arguing that their religion was better then the other.Do some pray better or harder then the other ? Why are some peoples religion better then the others ? Is there a points system or a league table for religions ? Who tops the league ?
Now where is the bollocks ?
Loads of questions any answers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here