Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christianity sucks! Anti-Religious Thread Alert (News item really)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've not looked at this thread for a couple of days, but can see that my point about "religious people" generally being kinder and more considerate than their secular, morally vacuous and spiritually bereft counterparts has provoked widespread criticism.

Fair enough if you don't agree. I'm not saying this applies in all cases, the operative word is 'generally'.

I can see that the majority of this board think any religion is complete bollocks. Also fair enough.

In my opinion, however, too many people who have posted here are side-tracked by the cleric paedophiles, the religious fanatics, the bigots and those who purport to be religious as a means to their own ends - these are the small, intolerant minority.

The vast majority of those who are religious up and down the country are, in my experience, generally good, considerate and tolerant people.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I have a similar situation to the full harris.

I was brought up as a christian surrounded by christians and do believe in a higher being (a massive random explosion could not create a perfectly circular world).

However, I find so many holes in the bible (err, where the f*** are the dinosaurs you f***ing DOLPHIN?) and find it impossible to live by it or believe in what it teaches (not that I am actually trying). The partying, and the lure of the playboy lifestyle is just too much for me.

Interesting to note that whilst all christians are "intolerant, narrow-minded and bigoted" (I'm paraphrasing about 70% of the contributors to this thread), the only person on the thread to openly express a christian lifestyle and beliefs has been mocked and ridiculed mercilessly by most of the "open-minded, tolerant and thoroughly fantastic atheists" on here (still paraphrasing). I thought it was christians who preached self-righteously to people about how they should lead their lives. Thats not what I've seen on this thread.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In the begining man created God, and peace reigned. On the next
day ,another man created another God ,and there was never
peace again.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
To the best of my knowledge it is already illeagal to use racist or religious language in an insulting way under the public order act....this seems to be an extension of it.

Pavilionaire said:
I've not looked at this thread for a couple of days, but can see that my point about "religious people" generally being kinder and more considerate than their secular, morally vacuous and spiritually bereft counterparts has provoked widespread criticism.

Fair enough if you don't agree. I'm not saying this applies in all cases, the operative word is 'generally'.

I can see that the majority of this board think any religion is complete bollocks. Also fair enough.

In my opinion, however, too many people who have posted here are side-tracked by the cleric paedophiles, the religious fanatics, the bigots and those who purport to be religious as a means to their own ends - these are the small, intolerant minority.

The vast majority of those who are religious up and down the country are, in my experience, generally good, considerate and tolerant people.

We just cannot club any religious people together as a same-thinking/acting club of piousness.
Spirituality and it's part in the walk of life is for the individual to interpret and enact. One pedo priest doesn' make all catholics kiddie fiddlers, but then another crowd of priests shouldn't protect and enable the pervert either.

Personally I can't stand anyone naming themselves religious, then clearly doing wrong. Confession isn't supposed to enable people to sin so they can get instant forgiveness later, ferchrissakes.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Since you've quoted me, I'll respond by saying I've never heard anyone "naming themselves religious".

You either believe in a god or you don't. And what's wrong with making a generalisation for the point of argument if you believe it to be true?

Personally, I believe most of the Third Reich were bad people and most of the NHS staff are good people, although I'm sure Heinrich Himmler carried his granny's shopping just the same as Dr. Smith likes to have sly fondle when performing a mastectomy...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I am so HAPPY that this thraed is back again so we can all give our differing opinions before arguing about them.

How's about them Quakers eh?

Absolutely BONKERS the lot of em.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is that thraed, as in Michael Praed, off Robin Hood and Dynasty?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
whats those NUTTERS called that have goatees and ride horse and carts in america?

they were in KINGPIN.

f***ing CLASS they are... think i might make myself one :)

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I think they're called Morons or something. They are the best aren't they, very environmentaly friendly and all, and as for those dungarees..........well, cook me up a fish stew for Jesus Mommy, I'm just about done.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
Is that thraed, as in Michael Praed, off Robin Hood and Dynasty?

ooh ooh

i thought i was the only one who remembered michael praed in robin of SHERWOOD. I have all three series (therefore including young connery after praed left) on dvd. i love it.

i have gone too far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Raaaabin...the hooded mannnn...!"

It's a shame Tim Sherwood joined Coventry and not Bristol City, otherwise he would have been Sherwood of The Robins...

???

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
pavillionaire, i have the whole soundtrack on cd.

i am one sad individual.

ray winstone's finest set of performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here