Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo to sign today... (He has now signed - official)

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Lush said:
Ferret still has a column on the official site? Where have they been hiding that? Behind all those poxy ads?

assuming that was not a rhetorical question .....

Yorkie was referring to the latest betting column - found under FANS ... Latest Tips

But the Ferret Column does still appear - under FANS ... Ferret Talk, usually appears twice per week and the last ten columns are now archived.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am not impressed with this signing. However, if it is only to end of the season, he could occupy the bench, which seems to be his normal playing positions. The best he could rise to would be super-sub, on past performance.

I remember describing the Stoke attack with Greenacre and Iwelumo (on the bench) as ineffective and useless, as they get a breakwaway and score a goal that did not seem likely.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
OK the official page has updated with McGhee's comments and he wants Benji back on loan so that means:

a) No midfielder which many people believe we need!
b) Does that use up the last Loan? I believe so (correct me if wrong)
c) If Chris Imwelumoem something does fire up straight away will we really need Benji back?

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Can't see the point in getting Big Trev back now we have signed this Chris Iwelumo. Or maybe Mcghee is planning on playing two big strikers and Leon up front for the run in? Can't see many defences looking forward to that possibility!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
king Wombat said:
think its a bit odd to get benj back as well. we could really do with a winger
Benji played left wing for Leicester on Saturday, playing a massive part in the Leicester winning goal.

CrabtreeBHA said:
OK the official page has updated with McGhee's comments and he wants Benji back on loan so that means:

a) No midfielder which many people believe we need!
b

True but we can put Piercey into midfield and you never know, Simon Roger might even get fit by the end of the season, so what's the point of a midfielder. We need an alternative to leon who when left on his own, is prone to get stranded

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i dont think benj is going to cut the mustard as a winger, thought he did very well for us but as a matter of priority a winger signed for 3 months is going add more value than benj for 1 month.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
This may not be the end of the signings - we may see another one before Saturday

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
any idea's who

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He was 4th in Stoke's player of the season vote last season...

In a somewhat barren season for Stoke's strikers, Chris Iwelumo's honest endeavour has been rewarded by the fans who put him in fourth place. Big Chris slotted home some important goals during the season and in general, caused the most trouble for opposition defences.

The results...

1 James O'Connor
2 Siarhei Shtaniuk
3 Peter Handyside
4 Chris Iwelumo

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry I still prefer mine

He's just come down from the city of Stoke
Plays football, he's a big strong bloke
Rumour is that he fancies Poke
Iwelumo where's yer trousers

(to the tune of Donald where's yer trousers)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yorkie said:
Sorry I still prefer mine

He's just come down from the city of Stoke
Plays football, he's a big strong bloke
Rumour is that he fancies Poke
Iwelumo where's yer trousers

(to the tune of Donald where's yer trousers)
Problem is Yorkie,it's only us old'un's who know the tune of "Donald where's yer trousers"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here