Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo to sign today... (He has now signed - official)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm with London Irish on this. Creative midfielders that will make a real difference aren't exactly easy to come by for no money. So I reckon the plan is make sure we have a powerful strike force and keep it solid through the rest of the team.

A thought on why we want Benjamin too - to put pressure on Leon perhaps so he can't think he's an automatic choice?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am looking forward to this - sounds like just the type of player we want

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
tommy boy 86 said:
but if you have benji and iwelumo, you don't need any creativity, knight can feed off their flicks

Popcorn

or Albatross

:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Deano's Right Foot said:
So thedifference in height between Little Leon and Big Chris is a whole Rougier!

:clap2: :clap2:

im well up for this!!!
once i saw he was on a free i thought he could be the man. only 25 too.
if we did sign trev id be tempted to play the big men up front with leon behind or even on the wing. im absolutely convinced that knight can perform a pires kinda role and score 20+ goals on the wing while you can expect at least 10-15+ each from the big men. thats some goals!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've shamelessly stollen this from another forum:

Strike duo IwelumoKnight Cardiff as Brighton win Playoffs

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think it is a good signing.

And reading the official site it seems like McGhee is clear about the best way to integrate him into the team.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I think it is a good signing but on another football forum they are saying he is a donkey mind you it was mostly Port Vale fans laughing about him. They are still bitter I think after Saturday saying our boys are thugs well as I said Danny was only doing his job:lolol: El Presidente also got a mention as they were saying we are getting fed up with "does your boyfriend know your here" chants. I don't care what they think he could work out well for us all he needs some time to adjust and we can judge him them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here