Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

May 5, 2020
Sussex
For Knocky and Bong almost certainly, the Championship is very much their level, as far as Muzza is concerned though surely retirement beckons?

Knocky and bong did a fantastic job in helping us stay up in the premier League.
They are maybe not top 6 players but very competent in the premier League.
I think they will both be key players to a newly promoted Forest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Knocky and bong did a fantastic job in helping us stay up in the premier League.
They are maybe not top 6 players but very competent in the premier League.
I think they will both be key players to a newly promoted Forest.

I fear it will be quite a task for Chris Hughton to get Forest promoted in the short term, at least with the playing staff that they have, Muzza would have retired long before they make it, and who knows where Knocky will be playing next season anyway, he isn't even a Forest player.

I would also question their competency in the Premier League, Knockhaert worked hard and sort of did ok, but l do think that Bong was a bit out of his depth to be honest.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I fear it will be quite a task for Chris Hughton to get Forest promoted in the short term, at least with the playing staff that they have, Muzza would have retired long before they make it, and who knows where Knocky will be playing next season anyway, he isn't even a Forest player.

I would also question their competency in the Premier League, Knockhaert worked hard and sort of did ok, but l do think that Bong was a bit out of his depth to be honest.

I think they have a pretty strong squad, underperformed with Lamouchi in the beginning of this season. Lots of experience, good quality and a couple of promising youngsters. I'm sure their goal is to be in the top 6 next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

To be fair to Bong, he was never bad. His first season he was actually pretty good and 50 apps with very few actual stinkers is pretty good for a player who didn't get to the top flight until he was 28/29. The issue was more (for me at least) his age catching up with him. He's 32 now and pace was never his strength, so tipping over 30 against some RAPID wingers really highlighted that lack of pace.

For Bong (32), Knockaert (29) and Murray (37) time is against them and it's a sign of their quality that they're still doing it in the Championship, however, I think their career in the top flight is rightly over.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think they have a pretty strong squad, underperformed with Lamouchi in the beginning of this season. Lots of experience, good quality and a couple of promising youngsters. I'm sure their goal is to be in the top 6 next season.

A lot of work to do between now and then, they are still hovering just above the relegation zone, and the Championship is notoriously difficult to get out of as we know.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Another win for Chris today after getting sucker punched by Swansea in the week. Forest's form in the last 10 puts them in a playoff spot. Setting up nicely for next year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's good to see the Treegulls puling clear of the relegation spots..

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What a guy. I see Glenn posted a photo of them adopting the pre match huddle on Insta. Very weird feeling more connected to Nottingham players rather than ours (because I've seen Bong, Knockaert Glenn and Hughton more than anyone other than Dunky)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What a guy. I see Glenn posted a photo of them adopting the pre match huddle on Insta. Very weird feeling more connected to Nottingham players rather than ours (because I've seen Bong, Knockaert Glenn and Hughton more than anyone other than Dunky)

Same here, I must say I hold greater affection for them than our current crop for those same reasons, as well as what they achieved for the club! I'm a closet Forest fan on the side at the moment. :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its a great shame that the black lives matter message and idea has been hijacked by the Black Lives Matter organisation. I find it sad that this fella feels the need to distance himself from such a powerful message because some people can't understand the distinction.

Worse that that though are the people who willfully conflate the two concepts for their own reasons. I can't understand why someone would continue to do that even after the distinction has been explained to them on numerous occasions.

Anyway Mouldy, you enjoy your fishing trip with this stuff. Whatever your motivations are, and even if I don't understand them, you obviously get something out of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This.

And the reason is racism.

Part of me thinks that some people are too stupid to realise when they are being racist and part of me thinks that some people are too racist to realise when they are being stupid. Pass me a Venn diagram pencil and I'll....ah, well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Another win for Chris today after getting sucker punched by Swansea in the week. Forest's form in the last 10 puts them in a playoff spot. Setting up nicely for next year.

They have a pretty nice schedule going forward and 45 points to play for. With a minor miracle, they could do it this season. Their squad is certainly good enough to finish at least in the top 10.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
They have a pretty nice schedule going forward and 45 points to play for. With a minor miracle, they could do it this season. Their squad is certainly good enough to finish at least in the top 10.

Championship football Swanny? I don't know how much you've watched other than one/two season's with Swansea but it really is the best league in the world as top loses to bottom and then bottom loses to one place above bottom!!! there are no nice schedules, easy games, just the attrition of 2 games a week when anything can happen. If Hoots mirror's his time with us, then its survival this term and push on next season when he has rebuilt his side in the summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Championship football Swanny? I don't know how much you've watched other than one/two season's with Swansea but it really is the best league in the world as top loses to bottom and then bottom loses to one place above bottom!!! there are no nice schedules, easy games, just the attrition of 2 games a week when anything can happen. If Hoots mirror's his time with us, then its survival this term and push on next season when he has rebuilt his side in the summer.

I've watched a lot of Championship football for lots of years and agree with most of what you are saying but its not as random as you make it sound - good teams win more than bad teams and while not "easy", playing the bottom 14 is easier than playing the top 10. I dont think they will reach the playoffs this season, just saying that there is a slim outside chance if they really get going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here