Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child Abuse in the Catholic Church

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No one is denying it but you do wonder if there isn't a certain amount of band wagon jumpoing going on. I went to a Catholic Primary and secondry school and there was no sexual abuse at either which I think is more typical. However the primary school I went to was run by some very sadistic nuns, not brides of Christ more like whores of Christ. However that was rather a long time ago.

Just my own knowledge of the areas I've lived-

Horsham- private Catholic School shut due to sexual child abuse 10 years ago

Staplefield- Priest "moved on" by the church after being found guilty 12 years ago

Seddlescombe-Father ? sent down (doing 6 years) for child abuse stemming back 40 years, most sickening he was found to be the leader of a group of churchman grooming kids. Last year.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Just my own knowledge of the areas I've lived-

Horsham- private Catholic School shut due to sexual child abuse 10 years ago

Staplefield- Priest "moved on" by the church after being found guilty 12 years ago

Seddlescombe-Father ? sent down (doing 6 years) for child abuse stemming back 40 years, most sickening he was found to be the leader of a group of churchman grooming kids. Last year.

The same thing goes on in Child Care Homes but on a MUCH greater scale, i think you'll find the REASON why Catholisism is getting it in the neck is because the media see the church and and indeed all major religions as a THREAT to there POWER. Once upon a time RELIGION used to brainwash the masses, but now THE MEDIA brainwashes the MASSES :thumbsup:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Why would you become a priest so you can be a paedophile? If anyone thinks that they must be retarded. I would imagine being a priest is pretty hard work, it is a vocation. I doubt anyone would want to become one so they can be an active paedo.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
This

TO be a priest is not a career it's a vocation. Most Priests decide to become one long before they are mature enough to consider sex of any type. Why anybody would want to be a priest is beyond me but it's very unfair to label all priests as child molesters, it's a very small minority.

This

Far be it for me to defend the Catholic Church but what you say is fact or just a notion ? there's nothing to substantiate what you say is there ?

This

No one is denying it but you do wonder if there isn't a certain amount of band wagon jumpoing going on. I went to a Catholic Primary and secondry school and there was no sexual abuse at either which I think is more typical. However the primary school I went to was run by some very sadistic nuns, not brides of Christ more like whores of Christ. However that was rather a long time ago.

I also went to a Catholic Primary and Secondary, no sign of child molestation.

Unlucky on the Nuns front, i have heard from others about the Nuns, but i would imagine that corporal punishment was in every school at the time you were in Primary, no disrespect my friend.

And finally This

Why would you become a priest so you can be a paedophile? If anyone thinks that they must be retarded. I would imagine being a priest is pretty hard work, it is a vocation. I doubt anyone would want to become one so they can be an active paedo.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Any role that has authority and access to children are likely to be used by paedophiles. I'd have said that is pretty obvious.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Why would anyone become a priest, do all that, remember it takes seven years to train as a priest, just to have access to children? Sounds crazy to me! It denies logic! Be easier to become a nursery worker surely? If anything priests become paedophiles after they have already become priests.

No it's not. This is about a bunch of paedophiles who happen to be masquerading as catholic priests.

So one gets a three month ban for drawing attention to the fact that A Jewish Faith School in London refused to admit a pupil it did not consider to be Jewish enough and subsiquently the School is found quilty in Supreme Court, but for some reason it's ok to have a go at The Catholic Church.

It would be a good idea to ban certain subject from NSC otherwise NSC might be threatened with closure again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is spreading religous hatred against The Catholic Church

Please do not portray the Catholic Church as some sort of victim in this. It has with held evidence and concealed the truth for too long. This is not hatred but contempt for an organisation that is corrupt, unreliable and who harbours criminals of the highest order. Other religious groups are no different in their ideas of what is moral.

Please do not portray the Catholic Church as some sort of victim in this. It has with held evidence and concealed the truth for too long. This is not hatred but contempt for an organisation that is corrupt, unreliable and who harbours criminals of the highest order. Other religious groups are no different in their ideas of what is moral.

Dear Piltdown Man . May I draw your attention to my posting regarding my three month ban for drawing attention to actions of a certain Jewish Faith School that was convicted in The supreme Court. Is this not just another example of only being able to criticise certain Faiths, religions or beliefs?

Last edited:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

You haven't got a f@cking clue what you are talking about about you complete bellend :wanker:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dear Piltdown Man . May I draw your attention to my posting regarding my three month ban for drawing attention to actions of a certain Jewish Faith School that was convicted in The supreme Court. Is this not just another example of only being able to criticise certain Faiths, religions or beliefs?

Dear Mr Public School Boy

I thank you for your reference to you post regarding the Jewish Faith School. Having not read the content of your postings regarding that post I am not in a position to comment on your banning.

However in regard to this post I'm stating my position and thoughts in regard to the situation the Catholic Church has created for itself. I have not stated nor intimated anything other than facts that are in the wider domain.

My own thoughts are very clear in my postings, I do not believe in any religion, and I'm sure that I have a right to state this to anyone or body in the free country that I reside. The FACT that the Catholic Church has persistently denied and covered up a serious act of criminality endemic within its organisation is a problem for them, and of serious concern to the wider public. From your posting's can I assume that you are Catholic. If so, personally if I was you I would be questioning my faith and the church/organisation that I believe in rather than criticizing those around who dare to question its integrity.

Kindest Regards

PM

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You haven't got a f@cking clue what you are talking about about you complete bellend :wanker:

Insults are very brave. In fact I do have a clue and would you kindly come back with a proper argument and not childish insults. Anyone who is religious should be able to defend their beliefs without resorting to the above. The facts are in the wider domain and can not be refuted.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Several years ago when child abuse reared its ugly head it was admitted that priests not being able to marry could well be the reason that child abuse resulted.It was then stated that the reason that priests were not allowed to marry came about because it was cheaper to have single men rather than a married family man. I quite expected that this situation would be normalised for the benifit of all,instead members of the faith have been advised to fast to put matters right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here