Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
what a very strange game of football that was. Sitting here thinking WTF have I just watched. That first half was just madness. the second half calmed down but I'm left really a bit confused as to what was happening in that first 45. Were we bad?Chelsea brilliant? were both teams on drugs? I really dont know. One best forgotten I feel(at least by me)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I still can’t get past the Webster brain fart, it’s quite irrelevant what he did afterwards because it was that mistake which did the real damage.
He makes a major mistake in EVERY match, just sometimes he gets away with it.
As a signing he’s up there with some of our worst in terms value for money.
Again, respectfully this is horseshit. He’s not the best player in the world but we’ve had good use out of him over the seasons as we have steadily improved the squad.

I can think of loads of players who have proven to be worse value for money, Alireza, Locadia, Elvis Manu…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm far more worried that we cannot (again!) seem to take our chances against Ipswich and Forest, which would have made today's result a little less meaningful.
Exactly - do the business in those two home games, and we'd be sitting above the Champions League dotted line right now.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Rubbish, £200m was to IMPROVE our squad and replace a couple that left last season. And if a c£40m player cannot go straight into our team then why the f*** are we buying them? Rather buy a £20m player for the future than a £40m player!
Which £40m players are you referring to?

Thought we were desperately poor today. Carved up at will, gifted two goals by a terrible player and utterly inert in the second half. Thing is I don’t think Chelsea are all that, if we’d have put them under any pressure they definitely had the ability to crumble, we just did it first and spectacularly. Really raises a lot of questions an awful display like that. Expensive signings not performing and a manager with zero grip of the game, not good

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought we were desperately poor today. Carved up at will, gifted two goals by a terrible player and utterly inert in the second half. Thing is I don’t think Chelsea are all that, if we’d have put them under any pressure they definitely had the ability to crumble, we just did it first and spectacularly. Really raises a lot of questions an awful display like that. Expensive signings not performing and a manager with zero grip of the game, not good
They may not be all that, but they’re unbeaten now in 21 PL games

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wieffer is absolutely shite. Awful against Everton, rubbish when he came on against Wolves, run around for the equaliser against Forest and abysmal today. He’s absolutely miles off being what we need.
Signings on paper are different to signings on grass. Shock for some on NSC. Of the new players so far Minteh has no touch or decision making, Weiffer is a headless chicken, Kadioglu looks exactly like a player who has five different positions instead of one, O’Riley is half dead and Gruder is a ghost.

That just leaves Rutter, the one I was most worried about, who has been improving but is still no Pedro.

I know we need to give them time and FH too, but the starting base is a lot lower than I’d hoped.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Exactly - do the business in those two home games, and we'd be sitting above the Champions League dotted line right now.
Indeed, but had we done so, we wouldn't be 'Brighton', would we? :)
My solace lies in the utmost belief that we have become an established PL team, and I don't enter the season with fears of relegation - something I genuinely thought I would have, every year.
It's all good...could be better....could be far worse. :)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I find it hard to say anything positive about Chelsea as a club, but credit where it’s due: the players and their expressions in the videos during the team announcement very cleverly channel and mirror the passion and enthusiasm of their almost silent fans

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Again, respectfully this is horseshit. He’s not the best player in the world but we’ve had good use out of him over the seasons as we have steadily improved the squad.

I can think of loads of players who have proven to be worse value for money, Alireza, Locadia, Elvis Manu…
Indeed. At around the time he got his first long injury, he was playing so well he was being touted for an England cap and nobody thought it was outrageous. Then we started asking him to bring the ball out from the back, plus more injuries, plus rarer starts, reduced sharpness and confidence…

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I

I said c£40m but Rutter was £40. Then £25-30m was minteh, weiffer, gruda, kadioglu, O'Reilly. For our level they should all be up to speed and starting. Tbh, I was also thinking Pedro but that was last season.
Rutter, Weiffer and Kadioğlu started. Minteh came off the bench after some poor performances when he started, O’Riley (not O’Reilly) and Gruda are injured. The others were loaned out.

Rubbish, £200m was to IMPROVE our squad and replace a couple that left last season. And if a c£40m player cannot go straight into our team then why the f*** are we buying them? Rather buy a £20m player for the future than a £40m player!
So which c£40m player didn’t go into our first team?

boik

Signings on paper are different to signings on grass. Shock for some on NSC. Of the new players so far Minteh has no touch or decision making, Weiffer is a headless chicken, Kadioglu looks exactly like a player who has five different positions instead of one, O’Riley is half dead and Gruder is a ghost.

That just leaves Rutter, the one I was most worried about, who has been improving but is still no Pedro.

I know we need to give them time and FH too, but the starting base is a lot lower than I’d hoped.
Well, I was prepared to give them all 3 months or so, so I'm not panicking yet.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Chelsea? They've got a "1" in the L column of this season's Premier League table.

I think he means home games (although it's only 13 games in all competitions so not sure where the 21 comes from). Their last loss at Stamford Bridge was back in Feb when they lost 4-2 to Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here