Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just checked the stats. I was listening and know we were lucky to get away without a cricket score, but the stats read that it was close!

Overall Possession​

CHE
40.8%

BHA
59.2%
Chelsea 40.8%Brighton & Hove Albion 59.2%

Shots​

Chelsea 15Brighton & Hove Albion 15

Shots on target​

Chelsea 7Brighton & Hove Albion 5

Shots off target​

Chelsea 5Brighton & Hove Albion 5

Blocked shots​

Chelsea 3Brighton & Hove Albion 5

Total touches in the box​

Chelsea 27Brighton & Hove Albion 29

CHE

BHA

Goalkeeper saves​

Chelsea 4Brighton & Hove Albion 2

Aerial duels won​

Chelsea 7Brighton & Hove Albion 11

Fouls​

Chelsea 11Brighton & Hove Albion 8

Corners​

Chelsea 8Brighton & Hove Albion 2

Interesting, the Chelsea xg should be pretty high

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
After that shocking defensive rubbish 1st half suppose 4-2 ain't so bad but 2 absolute gifts from Sanchez gave us the 2 although our gifts gave them 3 of the 4! Was dreading a tooling and we got 1, let's hope we learn for spurs next week otherwise we're slipping down that table rather quickly.
FH out, Potter in?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’m sorry but this is just mad. Absolutely none of the football played today was exceptional. Absolutely none of it.
You were watching a different game to me :shrug:

Palmer’s finishing was World Class, Verbruggen’s keeping wasn’t

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ah ya ya. That played out pretty much as we feared.

It concerns me that I can't work out what it is we're actually trying to do but what really worries me is I'm not convinced the players do either. We look shapeless, the amount of passes, often simple ones, that we misplace seems way too high, players run into the same spaces - sometimes to the point of running into each other, players getting caught on the ball all over the pitch. None of that is a good look. We also look so disorganised and every game has periods where it descend into chaos, the trouble being we don't seem very good at the chaos even though it appears to be one of our tactics.

I know we need to give it time but Jesus, it's far too schoolboy too many times and for too long in every game. Hopefully it'll all click into place sooner rather than later and we'll turn into an incredible, free flowing, goal scoring winning machine. At the moment though we very definitely don't look the sum of our parts. We're making good players look bad. :(

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hoping for an unlikely win, but mostly expected us to lose. That said, so many chances went begging, it could have been #pickanyscore to either team.
We won't see many matches like that, again, as Sanchez giveth and denies us, as did the woodwork and poor finishing denied Chelsea.
Seriously, that could have ended 4 - 4.....8 - 3.....5 - 4.....or anything.
Have to admit, we are sooooo slow defensively, but that was one hell of an entertaining first half in a match which the vast majority of us expected to lose.
One of those where it could have gone better and could have equally gone far worse.
Certainly not boring. :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In your opinion!

A good manager develops the system around the players he has at his disposal- in Clubs like us ( and as FH did at St Pauli) that means finding a system that suits your players not the other way round.

That is where our strength lies as a team that recruits the way we do.
Yes and I totally agree with that. Because our current style is not suited to our defenders and in that sense we are going to be worked out and punished. Fab HAS to adapt.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just mistakes all round. Sanchez, Webster, Ferdi /ref, midfield/pervis, Sanchez, Bart. Lots of good apart from that lol.

Baleba is some player. Ferdi looks a shocking defender. Mitoma is 80% back but needs to rediscover that final ball. Webster was, one horrendous mistake apart, rather good. Chelsea look pretty good. Palmer is exceptional, how did City not realise that? But Baleba > Caicedo was nice.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I’m sorry but this is just mad. Absolutely none of the football played today was exceptional. Absolutely none of it.

ETA - I meant none of OUR football was exceptional.

Some of the attacking football we played was absolutely quality, mainly in the first half.

If you can't appreciate how good our players are - the silky skills, slick passing, clever turns etc - then this era is completely wasted on you. We won't always be this good.

Defensively we were shite, obviously - but I feel sorry for you if you let that get in the way of admiring all the our skill and quality play in that half.

If/when we find the balance of defense and attack, then we could be a real force in the Premier League. We didn't find that balance today.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I’m on a Brandy tasting visit in Armenia. Might he 20 year old going to head but it just seemed like one player played a worldie and 21 didnt.

PS buy Ararat 15 year old brandy. I’m bringing 4 litres home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here