Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Some of the attacking football we played was absolutely quality, mainly in the first half.

If you can't appreciate how good our players are - the silky skills, slick passing, clever turns etc - then this era is completely wasted on you. We won't always be this good.

Defensively we were shite, obviously - but I feel sorry for you if you let that get in the way of admiring all the our skill and quality play in that half.

If/when we find the balance of defense and attack, then we could be a real force in the Premier League. We didn't find that balance today.
I too thought we looked a real threat going forward in the first half, Chelsea were better than us but I am not slagging anyone off. We went for it, we lost :shrug:

Beats shitting ourselves and sticking 11 behind the ball and losing 1-0 for me

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good post.

The high line is an issue allied to the lack of pace at the back.

But I’ve a feeling that Hürzeler learns his lessons. I think he’ll find solutions.
Yeah, we are only 6 games in and by and large it's not a bad start to the season and we did score 2 today. Yes, the defense is something FH needs to work on but I'm sure he will be looking at this in the next few weeks.

We have O'Reilly, March, Pedro, Gruda, Adingra, Van Hecke plus Gomez to come in January. If we can add another CB in January then I think things will look far better. Wasn't expecting miracles in FH's 1st season but I for one think he's doing ok.

Never get too high if we win or too low when we don't. Looking forward to Spurs next Sunday.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wieffer is absolutely shite. Awful against Everton, rubbish when he came on against Wolves, run around for the equaliser against Forest and abysmal today. He’s absolutely miles off being what we need.
Right now he's a problem. He looks so off the pace, turns so slowly, poor first touch. Going to take a lot of time I think. Hinsh to play CM if Veltman is fit or Ferdi can drop back (who is lively but doesn't seem the best defender).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hurzeler got Manager of the Month and this season is the first time we've gone first 5 unbeaten in the top flight, so ridiculous to get too worked up ater our first defeat.

Palmer is a world class player. Hats off to him - you don't bag 4 in a half without being special.

Second - no JP and JPVH. Two of our key players.

But Fab needs to learn fast. I think we'll need to bag a CB in the Jan window. ironically, Boscagli playing now as PSV winning 2-0 and he being the top-rated player in the match.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Left my mum’s and we were 1 up.

By that time I’d got home we were 3-1 down, and they’d had the ball in the net twice more.

By the time I sorted out the malfunctioning firestick it was 4-2.

I watched the end of first half added time and the whole second half and didn’t see a single goal.

I’ll take the point.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Hurzeler got Manager of the Month and this season is the first time we've gone first 5 unbeaten in the top flight, so ridiculous toget worked up ater our first defeat.

Firstly, Palmer is a world class player. Hats off to him - you don't bag 4 in a half without being special.

Second - no JP and JPVH. Two of our key players.

But Fab needs to learn fast. I think we'll need to bag a CB in the Jan window. ironically, Boscagli playing now as PSV winning 2-0 and he being the top-rated player in the match.
Sign a quality CB and he is going to expect to be starting, who are we dropping?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Surely in a sensible head, it was a match that we were far more likely to lose, than win, given Chelsea's current form. Bearing that in mind, we made a decent go of it, and I think Webster's faux pas let them back in, sadly.
I'm far more worried that we cannot (again!) seem to take our chances against Ipswich and Forest, which would have made today's result a little less meaningful.
I'm in no way disparaging either of those teams, per se, but they are both games that we could (and should) have won.
Those are the results which will haunt us, along with many more along the way.
The thing that saves us is our ability to win/draw unlikely matches, and there will be plenty of those, too.
Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I concerned? No.
Edit: Then there's the added bonus of Palace, today. :)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Left my mum’s and we were 1 up.

By that time I’d got home we were 3-1 down, and they’d had the ball in the net twice more.

By the time I sorted out the malfunctioning firestick it was 4-2.

I watched the end of first half added time and the whole second half and didn’t see a single goal.

I’ll take the point.

Same here, drove to a mates house round the corner. 1-0 when we left 3-2 when we got there

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
£200m was to MAINTAIN our standing, not go to one of the best teams in the country presently and win.
Rubbish, £200m was to IMPROVE our squad and replace a couple that left last season. And if a c£40m player cannot go straight into our team then why the f*** are we buying them? Rather buy a £20m player for the future than a £40m player!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Wieffer is absolutely shite. Awful against Everton, rubbish when he came on against Wolves, run around for the equaliser against Forest and abysmal today. He’s absolutely miles off being what we need.
Unfair. Both him and Ferdi need time to adjust to the pace of the PL. It took Baleba a season to adjust and it may take them near as long to adjust also, bearing in mind they are older.

Keep the faith

TNBA

TTF

W1A

Mar 16, 2022
Right now he's a problem. He looks so off the pace, turns so slowly, poor first touch. Going to take a lot of time I think. Hinsh to play CM if Veltman is fit or Ferdi can drop back (who is lively but doesn't seem the best defender).
Under hits every single pass as well. The number of times Hinsh had to wait for the ball which slowed a potential break, or worse had to go and get it and play backwards as a result. Criminal for a premier league midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here