Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Have to agree. Should be picking tactics based on players ability, not sticking with something not working and players not quick enough or good enough to play it.

While still early days, swapping WBG for Wieffer looks a mistake. WBG offered far more control in MF.
Exactly,👍. Tactics should fit the players' abilities. Fab can say all he wants about the fault being either losing the ball higher up the pitch, or not pressing hard enough...but we are NOT Man City 🤦🏼‍♂️.
We. Are. Going. To. Lose. The. Ball. sometimes (often) so let's be set up to defend too.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Doesn’t matter who’s in your back line, if you set up against a Chelsea forward line loaded with pace on the half way line you are asking for trouble

This should have been known from the outset, why are we still playing like this after the first. Sorry this is f***ing amateur and needs to be sorted, it’s on the manger to own and sort this out

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This list of potential managers seemed to consist of McKenna, McKenna and then McKenna.
A quick google of European managers found Hürzeler. The equivalent of appointing Pompey’s manager.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
1st half thoughts

Hurzeler to the crowd - 'Are you not entertained?'

Yes I am actually. It's a black comedy of errors and terror and for what it's worth these are the games he finds out about himself and learns plus he learns about the players. We still have around 5 goals left in the game.

First on MOTD I bet

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Well, that was a pretty sensational first half...

Lots of positives, despite the scoreline, bizarrely.

We look incredible going forward. Baleba, Ferdi, Georgino all absolute quality. Mitoma making some superb runs. We look so quality, oozing skill, playing sharp positive football.

But there is one, very major, negative. Our defense has been shocking, worst defensive half I can remember us playing in the Premier League. Webster is not good enough. Dunk is too slow. The high line does not work against such a pacy attacking team. They could have had 6+ today so far.

Still, I'm enjoying this. Get an early goal in the 2nd half and let's see what happens. We do need to tighten it up at the back somehow, but at the same time we really need to go for the draw/win.

Prediction - more of the same, 8-5 Chelsea.

Final score predictions?

I'm going 8-3.

I've aged at least 6 years 👴
These score predictions have given me the heebee jeebees, I just hope we can improve and get a win or draw and yes I have certainly aged more years the 1st half.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Exactly,👍. Tactics should fit the players' abilities. Fab can say all he wants about the fault being either losing the ball higher up the pitch, or not pressing hard enough...but we are NOT Man City 🤦🏼‍♂️.
We. Are. Going. To. Lose. The. Ball. sometimes (often) so let's be set up to defend too.
But Man City don't play this high. Even Ange Spurs barely do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well, Webster and Estupinian have clearly learned NOTHING

I hate Chelsea. Even the free wifi is f***ed

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Come on, it’s a bit Brian Wade vs Newcastle. He hits it, it’s in the back of the net or off a post. Shit happens

Sanchez has made two cocks ups and conceded but has made two great saves. Verbruggen has made one cock up and conceded but saved f*** all :shrug:
Palmer is having a golden game, see goal - score goal. We're not helping ourselves, but sometimes you can't do anything about it. The free kick and the snap shot for the fourth - most times they miss.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Doesn’t matter who’s in your back line, if you set up against a Chelsea forward line loaded with pace on the half way line you are asking for trouble

This should have been known from the outset, why are we still playing like this after the first. Sorry this is f***ing amateur and needs to be sorted, it’s on the manger to own and sort this out
Absolutely 💯, it's very amateur.
The confidence of our defenders will be shot to pieces if we persist.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If I hear another person talk about how we have a 'young coach' I'll blow my lid. If he's good enough he's old enough. We're an established PL team and have spent hundreds of millions - his age is completely irrelevant, he'll be judged on results, as he should be.
Current scoreline will have some questioning the "good enough" part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here