Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The over-reaction on here at a team that has a new young coach, a raft of new players, and is playing a Chelsea side that has finally got their shit together AND has Cole Palmer is bonkers.

I am frustrated and disappointed but people writing of Wieffer and FH's tactics 6 games into the season need to give their heads a wobble.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with questioning him tactically based on what we’ve seen so far this season. Maybe it’ll click when he’s been given more time and has a fully fit squad, but until that happens we have a right to ask the questions.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Give over. He’s unbeaten to this point, with a good draw at Arsenal and beating Manchester United. We are Brighton, we have a level. We can’t compete with Chelsea who have spent £1.1bn just because we spent £200m once.

Most of that was future investment for the squad.

We’ve been very tactically naive though and most of us saw this coming with our high line and their pace and quality. Coming out and doing the same thing defensively would be suicide.

If Palmer was playing for us we’d be ahead, he’s absolutely run the game and sometimes when an opposition player is that good you just have to applaud. We haven’t helped ourselves at all, mind you.
Do you think bloom wanted us to play a high line with webster and dunk!

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Johnny and Warren saying the ref has been good today.

Tbh I think the ref has been ok. I do defend refs a bit but I don’t think he’s really got anything seriously wrong. I thought the pen was one, at least I’d want that if Welbeck was in that position in their box.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
BBC:

Embarrassing this is being mentioned. We've given one of the best players in the league and absolute free ticket today.
Come on, it’s a bit Brian Wade vs Newcastle. He hits it, it’s in the back of the net or off a post. Shit happens

Sanchez has made two cocks ups and conceded but has made two great saves. Verbruggen has made one cock up and conceded but saved f*** all :shrug:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Wild stuff. Our manager and some of the newer players are learning a lot of valuable lessons today. I don't see us coming back but hopefully this doesn't end in silly numbers...

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The over-reaction on here at a team that has a new young coach, a raft of new players, and is playing a Chelsea side that has finally got their shit together AND has Cole Palmer is bonkers.

I am frustrated and disappointed but people writing of Wieffer and FH's tactics 6 games into the season need to give their heads a wobble.
Clearly not at the game suicide defending every ball over the top they are in that’s in the manager . Chelsea got there shot together do t make me laugh we e gifted them 3 ffs

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Please someone explain our recruitment this summer?
We should have spent big on at least one CB. Everyone can bloody see it.
Totally nuts. We've spent the most money in world football and seemingly totally ignored where we need to strengthen and our managers preferred tactics.
Most people thought we’d had a 10/10 transfer window if NSC is anything to go by.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Wobble your own head, have you actually been watching the game?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with questioning him tactically based on what we’ve seen so far this season. Maybe it’ll click when he’s been given more time and has a fully fit squad, but until that happens we have a right to ask the questions.
A lot of posters are not questioning. They are simply critising FH and the players. Questioning is fine, all out writing off players and the manager after 1 half of football is nuts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
7-2

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Do you think bloom wanted us to play a high line with webster and dunk!
I think Bloom doesn’t interfere with tactics, is results-driven and will be very happy with the start the manager and team have made in line with our ambitions. As a fan he probably has ideas and is pissed off we are losing, but of all the owners in the world Tony is the least likely to involve himself. He hires people he trusts - if it doesn’t work out one day, he’ll make changes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Balls.
Going forwards we look really good but the defence has been non existent.
Even v Forest it was clear that our defence was too slow
Desperately need new CBs in January.

Or simply changing our high-line tactics. CBs as good as Dunk and Van Hecke, but faster, are unattainable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here