Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changing Room ruck

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Deserves all the abuse he gets, f***ing coward and an excuse of a human being. Should have been banned from kicking another football in his life.

I heard him speak to the media when he came out of prison. He does seem genuinely remorseful. I don't think it's up to us to decide what employment choices he should or should not have upon his release.

I also suspect that he doesn't give a stuff what a failed lecturer shouts at time from the terraces, look at the grief that Nathan got yesterday from the local six fingered halfwits.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I heard him speak to the media when he came out of prison. He does seem genuinely remorseful. I don't think it's up to us to decide what employment choices he should or should not have upon his release.

I also suspect that he doesn't give a stuff what a failed lecturer shouts at time from the terraces, look at the grief that Nathan got yesterday from the local six fingered halfwits.

Possibly a bit OTT with banning him from football, but I think the abuse he gets is deserved.

Im sure he couldn't care less, I would expect he knew what he was getting into when he decided to play football again and would have thought he just switches off from the abuse.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He said that McGleish was scared of leaving the changing room after the match.

He should have thought of that before inciting a few thousand very emotional Brighton fans. I can't abide players goading opposing fans after they have scored. Even a youngster like Theo Walcott was at it during the week, cupping his ear to the Spurs fans after his late, undeserved, fluky equaliser.

I know players get a fair bit of abuse, and it must be hard for them not to retaliate, but goading opposing fans like many do should be an absolute no-no.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I can't believe someone has called the abuse given to Hughes 'banter' its far, far more than that. If I was at the game I would never of joined in with the abuse towards him. I am sure though that there will be plenty more arseholes giving him the same kind of abuse at games through out the season and sadly hes going to have to get used to it.
It wasn't actually murder was it? It was manslaughter? And I'm not saying fans 'should' of been shouting ' Manslaughterer' instead of murderer just asking?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can't believe someone has called the abuse given to Hughes 'banter' its far, far more than that. If I was at the game I would never of joined in with the abuse towards him. I am sure though that there will be plenty more arseholes giving him the same kind of abuse at games through out the season and sadly hes going to have to get used to it.
It wasn't actually murder was it? It was manslaughter? And I'm not saying fans 'should' of been shouting ' Manslaughterer' instead of murderer just asking?

Death by dangerous driving.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Death by dangerous driving.

I drive on the road where hughes had his crash quite regularly. He was on the wrong side of the road, pissed and speeding. You don't overtake where he did if you are sober and are Lewis Hamilton.

Some on here have said 'he didn't mean it' Given how he crashed he might as well of set out to do it as no-one in thier right mind would drive like he did. If he now gets bit of abuse he is a very lucky man - He should be getting a lot worse every day as far as I am concerned.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Adam Hinshelwood has been prosecuted for drink driving, as have various other Albion players over the years.

If you get behind the wheel pissed, it's probably down to sheer luck, rather than judgement, whether you end up killing someone. So what makes Hughes any worse than Hinshelwood, other than a moment of chance, and a split second (massively stupid) decision?

I'm not suggesting Hughes deserves our sympathy, but equally, surely there comes a point where someone's served their time? How long do you go on reminding people? He made a monumental f**k up, but I can't see a few football fans having a go will make much difference to either him or his victims.

Incidentally, Dave Kitson was arrested this week for failing to provide a breath test after being stopped at 2am. Is that any better or worse?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I agree, but football is a cruel game at times. Does Scott McGleish really deserve the abuse we give him?

I can't wait until we play my local lot at Wycombe some time soon. McGleish and the poisoned Dwarf upfront together at the moment!! They'd just need to get Henry Houghton out of retirement for that game for the loudest set of boos a crowd's ever unleashed since the police lead Erica Roe away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Incidentally, Dave Kitson was arrested this week for failing to provide a breath test after being stopped at 2am. Is that any better or worse?

Odd, he was in last week's Guardian going on about how he didnt own a car.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Odd, he was in last week's Guardian going on about how he didnt own a car.

Yes, I saw that, didn't occur to me at the time. Maybe he leases one, or gets a freebie from a sponsor.

Either way, in my estimation, he has now reverted to being a tool again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, I saw that, didn't occur to me at the time. Maybe he leases one, or gets a freebie from a sponsor.

Either way, in my estimation, he has now reverted to being a tool again.

When I read the article I rather welcomed his comments and thought he was a breath of fresh air when it comes to footballers attitudes. He then dissed the F.A. Cup and now has got nicked for drink driving....he is a typical footballer after all.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Hughes not only crashed head on into totally innocent people who had the misfortune to be driving on that road, he left the passenger in that car dead, the driver seriously injured and was so concerned about this he made off and left them there. Only giving himself up the next day when he presumably realised it was only a matter of time until he was caught. As far as I'm concerned any comments shouted from the stands are more than justified however remorseful he now is.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't wait until we play my local lot at Wycombe some time soon. McGleish and the poisoned Dwarf upfront together at the moment!! They'd just need to get Henry Houghton out of retirement for that game for the loudest set of boos a crowd's ever unleashed since the police lead Erica Roe away.

And Norman sodding Whiteside. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here