Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changing Room ruck

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
At the back we were booing him everytime he was on the ball , alongside shouts of "murderer" , "WANKER,WANKER,WANKER" and "you're supposed to be in jail"

Bet you guys all felt really clever.

He got released from prison,what was he supposed to say? That he should be spending more time there? He's come out and said he 'lives hating himself', and he's made his peace with the family of the victim so why anyone else has a right to say anything on the matter I haven't a clue.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

He got released from prison,what was he supposed to say? That he should be spending more time there? He's come out and said he 'lives hating himself', and he's made his peace with the family of the victim so why anyone else has a right to say anything on the matter I haven't a clue.

Deserves all the abuse he gets, f***ing coward and an excuse of a human being. Should have been banned from kicking another football in his life.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why? He did his time! If you saw another 'murderer' in the streets would you stop to abuse them?

Regardless of whether he did his time or not his is still a coward. If I saw another murderer who had only completed HALF his setence who had left himself open to abuse then, yes, I probably would.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Its all part of the banter. If you were at the game you would have wanted to get a dig in too.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Seconded. Alright, he was f***ing stupid to be driving while drunk, but to be released early wasnt exactly his fault was it?

And yes, he ran away. In the same situation, who knows what anyone would have done? Yes, some people are going to go all high and mighty, and say they would have stopped and assissted, and got arrested and done time, but in that situation, when you are in shock and are genuinly scared, who would have thought to run? I'm sure it would pop in anyone's heads.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An interesting article about Lee Hughes http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2234486,00.html

I would not want Lee Hughes on our payroll.

There is part of me that feels, despite making a fatal and catastrophic error of judgement, he has shown a huge amount of remorse and has served time for his crime and the killings were not in cold blood, so it should be left behind. But I can't get away from the fact that he knowingly drove when drunk and fled the scene without a seconds thought. The latter part is the most telling. Remorse is easy in hindsight, it is the actions at the time that are most important.

In the end, I don't think it is my business. It is up to the family of thsoe involved to forgive him or not.

Perhaps the topic deserves a poll.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
What a joke. People actually arguing that somebody who killed a man, destroying his family in the process, left a man in hospital for 5 months who can now barely walk and broke another womans leg in the crime, failing to report the crime and running from the scene and hiding for 3 days, is not subject to abuse? Disgraceful to argue in his case, beyond belief.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
What a joke. People actually arguing that somebody who killed a man, destroying his family in the process, left a man in hospital for 5 months who can now barely walk and broke another womans leg in the crime, failing to report the crime and running from the scene and hiding for 3 days, is not subject to abuse? Disgraceful to argue in his case, beyond belief.

It's called compassion. I'm sure he didnt think even in his tanked up state that he WANTED to do all that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We're down to ten men, a goal down and not looking like scoring, we've had a shit week on and off the pitch, most people have driven for 250 miles to get to the game, under those circumstances we're hardly going to discuss global warming with him are we?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
It's called compassion. I'm sure he didnt think even in his tanked up state that he WANTED to do all that.

Oh come on, it was a ridiculous thing for anybody to do, let alone a premier league footballer always in the publice eye and meant to be setting an example
for kids. Shouldn't even be drinking excessively at any time playing at the level and especially not drink driving. And if he wasn't under the influence, which he claims he want't, then thats even worse. Besides, it's not like we're going up there with posters and megaphones blaring abuse at him. It's a couple of shouts from the crowd, every player gets a bit of abuse, nothing new.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Whether he WANTED to do that is irrelevant, he know the risk when he got tanked up and drove home. I'd feel a bit more compassionate if he hadn't fled for THREE days to get the alcohol from his system.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What McGleish did was completely different,he purposely tried to antagonize us. Hughes on the other hand has nothing to do with us, or any other football club in the world.

Fair enough, though if Peter Sutcliffe and Osama Bin Laden sign for Bristol Rovers and we need a point off them from the final game of the season I may try to put them off.

Until then, I promise NOT to abuse killers who play professional football.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Oh come on, it was a ridiculous thing for anybody to do, let alone a premier league footballer always in the publice eye and meant to be setting an example
for kids. Shouldn't even be drinking excessively at any time playing at the level and especially not drink driving. And if he wasn't under the influence, which he claims he want't, then thats even worse. Besides, it's not like we're going up there with posters and megaphones blaring abuse at him. It's a couple of shouts from the crowd, every player gets a bit of abuse, nothing new.

I agree that it was a stupid thing to do, i'm not denying that. What i am denying is intent. By the way, surely the team who he played for at the time would have noticed him getting in the car and told him not to?

There's a "bit of abuse" and going over the top, in my taste that's over the top.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes. Yes he does.

Is this where I bore you all RIGID with the tale of when I spent a week on holiday where one of the guests was CARL GRIFFITHS, the other Orient striker from that legendary game.

He said that McGleish was scared of leaving the changing room after the match.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fair enough, though if Peter Sutcliffe and Osama Bin Laden sign for Bristol Rovers and we need a point off them from the final game of the season I may try to put them off.

Until then, I promise NOT to abuse killers who play professional football.
I was under the impression that Leeds United were interested in signing Peter as he has Yorkshire connections.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here