Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Relegation

Feb 14, 2010
Shock horror. A new stadium and the team playing excellent football will result in a upsurge in interest and tickets sold. Not forgetting to mention that Withdean is not as football stadium. I wonder how many Nigels would turn out if the club had dropped into the bottom two leagues, as they should have done long ago, rather than wiping out debts every few years, and spent over a decade in a partially covered stadium.

The difference between us was their pathetic efforts at a demo as against the York city game at the soldstone. The difference was stark and sums us v them up

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'd love to see what your attendances would be in league one, in a grade b athletics track with no roof. However, we've gone through these arguments time and time again so let's not bother. What is evidently clear to anyone with half a brain cell is that we are a club on the up and you are not. Simples.

May 2, 2010
I take it Einstein that maths was not a very good subject for you at school , a brief bit of research reveals that Withdeaan has a capacity of 8,800 yet your last 5 home games yielded as follows Peterborough 7,233,Pompey FA Cup 7792,orient 7198,Charlton 8374,Fc United 5362! so it seems clear you are not filling the Withdean to capacity very often for a team that have been top of the table for almost all season, doesn't look very promising filling Falmer week in week out does it?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I take it Einstein that maths was not a very good subject for you at school , a brief bit of research reveals that Withdeaan has a capacity of 8,800 yet your last 5 home games yielded as follows Peterborough 7,233,Pompey FA Cup 7792,orient 7198,Charlton 8374,Fc United 5362! so it seems clear you are not filling the Withdean to capacity very often for a team that have been top of the table for almost all season, doesn't look very promising filling Falmer week in week out does it?

Shit, I hope none of those funding the new stadium read this groundbreaking post!

Whatever, Martinf has clearly got his head screwed on Jockturd - see below.

I'd love to see what your attendances would be in league one, in a grade b athletics track with no roof. However, we've gone through these arguments time and time again so let's not bother. What is evidently clear to anyone with half a brain cell is that we are a club on the up and you are not. Simples.

Btw, feel free the bounce this thread next season and lets have a conversation then.

Feb 14, 2010

er stato,there are 900 in the away end, and not all STH turn up every week. Home tickets sell out, just check the club on a Friday, now as I say come back when you have fought like us and had a York City moment and also some histoy like a charity shileld. You are the watford of south london and we have nothing to justify to a bunch of Nigels, we just point to the York city game. Now jog on Nigel

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

Over 8,000 season tickets already sold. They do not go on general sale until March. Your right, its not looking good. :lol:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

One of the sections at the Withdean isn't used so that capacity is not right. The majority of home tickets are sold but the teams visiting Withdean do not bring many fans. Can you blame them? It is one of the worst grounds in the country.

Feb 14, 2010
er stato,there are 900 in the away end, and not all STH turn up every week. Home tickets sell out, just check the club on a Friday, now as I say come back when you have fought like us and had a York City moment and also some histoy like a charity shileld. You are the watford of south london and we have nothing to justify to a bunch of Nigels, we just point to the York city game. Now jog on Nigel. York City mate, just wtch youtube and see how we stood up for our football club. Then look at your efforts last year. You are a bunch of jokers

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
The difference between us was their pathetic efforts at a demo as against the York city game at the soldstone. The difference was stark and sums us v them up
Don't be a cock all your life there's a good chap .
You were completely stitched up by one man.(apparently).
If you had actually turned up to a few games then your stadium would not have been sold.
FACT

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If you had actually turned up to a few games then your stadium would not have been sold.
FACT

What the f*** - Is this simpletons night out on NSC.

There's a lad called jamie from the stockport area - you'd get on fine!

Feb 14, 2010
FACT

Tool. Our attendances in the mid 80 were about the same (about a 1000 less) thanChelse in mid 1980s and bigger than yours. The soldstone was sold because the bloke sold it in the 1990s to his company for 7 Million and re sold it for £30odd million and then wallked off with the cash. You got bailed out by Noades when you were getting 4000 at home. We however fought and us v York City and you last year says all there is to know about Brighton and all there is to know about palace - spotty nigels

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
FACT.You deserted the team because they were shit.Just because you stay away from the withdean because it's not pretty enough
FACT

The fact that we still have a club and not a reincarnation would suggest that we didn't desert the team. Besides, you are not stating any facts at all. You are dealing with opinion and misguided opinion at that.

May 2, 2010
the simple fact is teams moving into brand spanking new stadiums seem to have this deluded idea that they will sell out each home game in the Championship I think its only Norwich City that come close to filling Carrow Road each week even QPR dont fill Loftus Road each week nor does Elland Road, you lot are top of the table for most of the season and dont sell out the Withdean,get a reality check people.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bless, look at the Palarse having their last few months of being the better team in terms of league position between us :lolol: enjoy it while you can :wave:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here