Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Relegation

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Portsmouth: shit town, shit ground. Only decent pubs are well out of the way if you are going to Fratton Park.
Bristol City: mainly because the ground is miles away from the station and it's a nightmare getting back after the game.

Why do you think they are two of the best then? Please say something other than "they are close".

Bristol has a good pub nearby always full of away fans, the locals are fiercly passionate so there is always a bit of tension in the air. It's close so we take loads , the away end is decent for noise and Bristol is a top night out.

Pompey are hated as we witnessed by all the trouble the other day. An away day down there is always good fun, feels like real football. The away end has a roof now and its always good banter with that lot down there. It's close and we would take thousands . The train there is always fantastic with everyone on it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
22nd Portsmouth

23rd Sheffield United

24th Crystal Palace

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Preston, SCUNThorpe and M'boro please.

I wanna do a 100% season next year and I want it to be as easy as possible.

So I also hope the two Welsh teams go up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to say, I want to see palace stay up for one more season. Then I want to see them playing us in the last game of the season and send them down XD

That's actually a brilliant idea.

May 2, 2010
another win today , who'd have thought it 2 months ago we'd be out of the relegation mire,Scunny,Preston and Sheff U are all being spanked,have to admit Dougie's working wonders,we must have one of the meanest defences on recent form, good news.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
another win today , who'd have thought it 2 months ago we'd be out of the relegation mire,Scunny,Preston and Sheff U are all being spanked,have to admit Dougie's working wonders,we must have one of the meanest defences on recent form, good news.

:lolol:

Call it "new manager syndrome" for now shall we, at least we don't need to call you "Crystal Palace NIL" again for the time being, btw we are safe from relegation this season - its 5th feb :wave:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well said...wanting Palace to go down if we go up is beyond me. Bring on Pompey and Palace next season in the Championship. They can go down at the end of
next season once we've contributed to it.

Don't want either sets of dirty pikeys anywhere near our new home tbh, let them hope for us in the cup :laugh:

May 2, 2010
:lolol:

Call it "new manager syndrome" for now shall we, at least we don't need to call you "Crystal Palace NIL" again for the time being, btw we are safe from relegation this season - its 5th feb :wave:

call it whatever you want,it nice to see light between us and the bottom 3,plus some good wheeler dealing in the transfer window, looks like we got rid of Burley at just the right time.

Feb 14, 2010
palace and pompey for one season next year as we sail back to the top flight would be a laugh, but would be funny if they went down as well. Not really bothered either way, supremacy on and off the pitch will resume, but this time for good next season

Feb 14, 2010
duno where the younger BHA get this palace pikey thing from - palace used to call us that before the gay stuff kicked off. Palace are the boring insurance salesmen called Nigel from Selsdon. Either way stay up or go down they are insignificant compared to where the albion are headed with a £93 Million ground, a £15 Million training ground and a vast catchment area

May 2, 2010
the "gay" thing has always been used for you lot, I've never ever heard B&HA called pikeys in 33 years of following CPFC, the pikey name we use the most for is for Gillingham surely you would have known that when you played up there?

"vast catchment area" made up of Chelsea/Man U and Arsenal fans, I bet you see more of these idiots walking around Brighton in those colours then B&HA colours

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
the "gay" thing has always been used for you lot, the pikey name we use the most for is for Gillingham surely you would have known that when you played up there?

it wasnt in the 70s or early 80 because kemptown didnt change until the mid 80s and brighton in the 70s was still a bedsit town. Not that it matters as the gay community have been fantastic for brighton, brought loads of cash and artistic stuff. Stpped Brighton being like Hastings, or most other tired coastal towns

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Can't be many (if any) insurance salesman left in that area now shirley? Being 40 I don't class myself as young in any sense :lolol: but I do drive through Croydon on the way to kings every 12 weeks and I have to say that pikey seems to sum up the area quite well tbh. And the stadium is £100 million

May 2, 2010
it wasnt in the 70s or early 80 because kemptown didnt change until the mid 80s and brighton in the 70s was still a bedsit town. Not that it matters as the gay community have been fantastic for brighton, brought loads of cash and artistic stuff. Stpped Brighton being like Hastings, or most other tired coastal towns

Brightons had a guy community for decades FFS! at least 50 plus years

Hate so say it but the Palace fan is right. Joe Orton's diaries, 'Prick Up Your Ears', allude to it way back in something like 1967.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here