Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catering today....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For all those moaning about the club, you can actually thank the caterers for this.

They decided to reduce their orders for pies and pints because they are concerned with wastage. Evidently, the reduced their order too much.

I was in WSU, only the centre kiosk was serving Harvey's and the queues for that were very long, probably for that very reason. None of the other kiosks had anything at all left apart from Strongbow. So we headed off to the south west corner (where it's usually quite quiet) - plenty of pies left, but no Harvey's. Had to settle for a Bovril.

And the Scotch pies were great, IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately yesterdays train works didnt help but according to one of my sons who worked for survey company that subcontracted to National Rail these works are shceduled some 9 - 12 months in advance, long before the football fixtures came out for this season. As a result many more than normal either chose to drive causing problems on the roads in the area and many more chose to stay and have a drink to stagger their journey homeb so it is difficult for the club to esimate the needs and consumption of perishable goods

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
First thoroughly entertaining match......but what the hell is going on with the catering?

In the west upper after the match, run out of...

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

When I asked a member of staff what was going on she said the caters had thrown away 7000 quid of food after the Derby match and were scaling back

So here we have the biggest cup match so far at the amex, and the prospect of strong food and drink demand regardless of the result, and they get it totally wrong. Sort it out guys.....

You'd have thought they'd just flog the excess off at cost if that was the case. Who's in charge of the catering these days, bleedin' Frank Spencer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
WSL (North end) after the game had almost nothing left at all - no pies, no other hot food, no cider and no lager.

So we went back into town and spent our money in a pub instead.

Poor/10.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Brasserie was very busy after the game, then at 20 past 5 they run out of Harveys.
Do they run out or are they worried about opening another barrel in case they are left with it half full, and no game for a fortnight

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WSL (North end) after the game had almost nothing left at all - no pies, no other hot food, no cider and no lager.

So we went back into town and spent our money in a pub instead.

Poor/10.

Did you not try another concourse as a lot of people go to the North as the WSL closes soon after the game finishes normally.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having got off to a good start the new caterers seem way worse than Azure on yesterday's performance. Will be interesting to see where it heads but I'm sure the landlords of The Swan and The Hikers plus all the pubs round Brighton station and the managers of their attendant fast food joints will be praying this new crew continue to be less than useless.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did you not try another concourse as a lot of people go to the North as the WSL closes soon after the game finishes normally.

No it doesn't. I've met people for a drink after the gsme there since the Doncaster game and normally stay for a couple of pints. Yesterday was the only day I've seem them run out of everything post match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We used to go to WSL South end but have been ushered down to the North Concourse as they said they were closing and that has happened at the last 3 or 4 home games, so assumed they closed after people had moved on.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's the f***ing idiots serving that do my head in, completely incompetent. Needed a tea with no milk, couldn't be done. She spent 10 minutes staring at the till not sure how to work it. Each week there seem to be different staff behind and all as clueless as the rest. Useless.

Tea with no milk cannot be done at 80% of grounds in this country.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
First thoroughly entertaining match......but what the hell is going on with the catering?

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

When I asked a member of staff what was going on she said the caters had thrown away 7000 quid of food after the Derby match and were scaling back

So here we have the biggest cup match so far at the amex, and the prospect of strong food and drink demand regardless of the result, and they get it totally wrong. Sort it out guys.....

SHOCKED at waste of food- couldnt a local homeless charity / foodbank make use of this? :facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cant understand why they dont sell pies in the Brasserie after the matches, i'm sure loads would be sold.
Missing a trick in my opinion

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It's the f***ing idiots serving that do my head in, completely incompetent. Needed a tea with no milk, couldn't be done. She spent 10 minutes staring at the till not sure how to work it. Each week there seem to be different staff behind and all as clueless as the rest. Useless.

Yep. Its like there was a complete new bunch working yesterday. Most of them it appeared, had little clue what they were doing. Getting a pre match beer was painfully slow despite the modest queue.

As for half time?! I left my seat on the stroke of the whistle & made my way to the bar at the east end of the North Stand. It was obvious the server had little clue what he was doing & somebody who was in a supervisory role kept coming over & faffing around behind him. It was clear I wasn't going to have time for a beer by the start of the Second half, so decided to just grab a bottle of coke when I was near to being served. Only I never got served!

The moron serving said he was now closing down & would I mind joining another queue! After giving him a few home truths, I returned to my seat, two minutes after the restart, minus any drink & the club losing revenue, even if only a couple of quid.

Complete amateur performance yesterday. I've never felt inclined or had reason to post on this subject before, BUT yesterday, the performance of the caterers was incompetent in the North Stand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cant understand why they dont sell pies in the Brasserie after the matches, i'm sure loads would be sold.
Missing a trick in my opinion

Good lord. You can't sell a pie in a brasserie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

Oh I don't know, the sweet girl behind the bar offered me Rose wine to make up for the lack of Fosters! :cheers:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
They'd even run out of bottles of water in the North Stand after the match :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here