Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catering today....

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
2pm ESU......no Balti Pies.....that is all.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Once again the chicken balti eludes me, although the chicken and ham I had instead was quite good this time. Got overcharged as well (or they stopped doing pie & soft drink deal), but I couldn't be bothered to bring it up after I had been told there was no balti or Tango.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Once again the chicken balti eludes me, although the chicken and ham I had instead was quite good this time. Got overcharged as well (or they stopped doing pie & soft drink deal), but I couldn't be bothered to bring it up after I had been told there was no balti or Tango.

I had a Balti in the North Stand. It tasted as though I had emigrated to India, it was that good.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have to say, every time there is a 'sort it out caterers' thread I have always had no problem. WSU is always stocked well and have never got the wrong pie etc. Today was different, sold out of all pies, soft drinks, lager and bitter at FT whistle on both kiosks. As one bloke in front of me said, "were you not expecting 27 thousand fans today then?". The great irony being WSU had no more fans in than ever, it should have been the NS or WSM which could've struggled, in theory. I'll chalk it up to a one-off farce today, but certainly hope this isn't a sign of the new caterers' standards.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Two games running now there has been no Harveys in ESU after the game. Useless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After the game there was only cider left at the North end of the WSL by about 5.15. Every WSL kiosk had run out of Harvey's. If that's going to be the post game standard from now on I'll get the first train back to town I can and drink there.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
i can see why they woulg try and minimise pie wastage, though if it is true that they threw a load away at derby match it is probably due to them not being actually cooked and waiting for paying customers before the game and at half time. as for running out of drinks thats inexcusable, its not as though there is not more games coming up. If they stock at expected sales level plus 50% there would be no issue. Last game of the season would be the only time to err on the side of caution.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No probs West Lower. Tasty, moist Scotch pie at 2.15pm. Best pie this season. Two more Scotch pies and a cheeseburger for the other Earles.
My first visit to the WSL got a pint no problem before the game how ever did not bother at half time pepole around me moaning how long it was taking the guy next to me missed over six minutes of first half to get a cup of tea and only just got back with them at the start of the second half. Another mate who normal gets a drink from a tempoary bar but said It was missing so he did not bother.we need to make sure we improve serving speed and not run out as the club needs every penny we can make. Another friend enjoyed his new 1901 ticket in the South Stand even got a free half and half scarf . He said brilliant view.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I thought the Scotch was actually the worst I'd had so far, there was a small slab of something rattling around in the pie crust and I poured out the oil/grease from the box after having lifted the soggy bottomed pie out.

That is a description of the perfect Scotch pie. Disgusting things.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After the game there was only cider left at the North end of the WSL by about 5.15. Every WSL kiosk had run out of Harvey's. If that's going to be the post game standard from now on I'll get the first train back to town I can and drink there.

The trick is go go round to the Lower East stand. There's more serving staff than customers just about, and there's pies galore. I've got into the habit of going there for the first half hour after games rather than waste valuable drinking time queueing for a beer in the North Stand. :cheers:

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
WSL, post match, no pies, no cider, abysmally sloooow staff............

Cracking game though made up for it.........

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
There was no beer available in the WSU at around 5.30 as I was looking for a 2nd pint and nothing was available and there was also no food at all in the middle of WSU straight after the game when the queue for a pint was very very slow. Ended up getting a pint in the North stand eventually. Not great fro the club on its biggest day so far and as someone else has pointed out, the WSU was no more packed than normal. How they can get things so wrong is beyond me and must have cost the club a few quid in sales.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
East Lower at 1:30 was splendid. Burger was incredible quality, can't believe how good it was, even at £4.20!

:lol: surely that should be 'and so it should have been at 4 pound 20' ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here