Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catering today....

Jameson

WSL was the worse I recall for ages. 75 mins before KO it was OK but so it should be; it took 20 mins+ at half time to get a Bovril and even then I missed the first few minutes of the second half. After the game, the concourse was the busiest I can recall this season and they ran out of all alcohol in the middle servery so I went to the one at the north end; they only had Harveys, no lager (unusual, it's normally the other way round).

I really cant understand why the service could not be faster; why not have loads of pints lined up like they do at other venues? Soooo slow. Also they keep trotting back and forth, I think they should have someone serving then the others doing the collecting and running around.

But I did like the Scotch Pie; 10/10 :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know you can't draw too many conclusions from individual incidents on this stuff, and I have never posted on one of these before - but it was pure comedy in the East Stand Lower at one till near the family section.

One till was (eventually) declared knackered but not before some people had been in that queue for about 20 minutes, and those either side passing through at the rate of about 7:1.

The pouring of lager that was going on behind was hilarious, it was taking about five people to do one pint. Add in a clueless 'first-day' clown serving and it was Keystone Caterers stuff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And leave straight away after the game making the trains chaos. Good idea.

If the club want fans to stay after the game the bare minimum is the provide beer / food for sale

What travel chaos ?

Every normal 15:00hrs Saturday game you leave the ground on the whistle and you will catch the train at 17:16 to Brighton

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What travel chaos ?

Every normal 15:00hrs Saturday game you leave the ground on the whistle and you will catch the train at 17:16 to Brighton

Where else in the country do you have a train station 100 metres from the stadium.... its a great setup.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Look at what we have become ..... Ernest Shackleton sailed 800 miles across the Antarctic Ocean in an open boat with minimal supplies to raise help for the rest of his crew, our brave soldiers dribbled footballs amongst them as they marched towards the Boche MG's and certain death, the crew of Apollo 13 fought against the odds with limited chances to get back to Earth with every possibility of dying a miserable death in the frozen watses of space.

And now someone whinges because they can't get the right pie and there is a 10 wait for a pint of Harvey's......sake:facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vegster that's not the point. If it's done right everyone's a winner, and it means more money for the club. Who's to say the difference between us being able to afford Virgil Van Dijk or not is the lost money on the shambolic catering for a year and a half?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well I'm sorry to be out of tune with the general sentiment but at the south end of WSU:-

> Arrived 2:20 and got to Harvey and Pie (of our choice) deals after a couple of minutes queuing.
> Picked up a couple of coffees with no queuing just before half time after popping to the loo.
> Clapped the players off at the end and wandered down to get two pints of Harveys without queuing.

Simples!

My only complaint was that rather than showing Final Score or Sky Sports News so that we could get up to speed on everything, we had to watch pundits silently talking about the forthcoming Man U/Fulham game, which was of no interest to anyone.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Credit where its due--Dicks Bar Staff pre match were great yesterday---worked their socks off:albion:
Has been mentioned, Brasserie ran out of 'Harveys' post match------have got used this tho as it happens nearly every match:drink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First thoroughly entertaining match......but what the hell is going on with the catering?

In the west upper after the match, run out of...

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

When I asked a member of staff what was going on she said the caters had thrown away 7000 quid of food after the Derby match and were scaling back

So here we have the biggest cup match so far at the amex, and the prospect of strong food and drink demand regardless of the result, and they get it totally wrong. Sort it out guys.....

That's crap management by the club.

Just because the total crowd was up slightly on its record, the wsu attendance would have been exactly the same, and the club had 10 days to prepare.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
What travel chaos ?

The point is if everybody left at the same time because no beer was availalble in the stadium then their would be travel issues after the game. The club business plan includes encouraging fans to stay behind to spend their hard earned to the benefit of BHA and not local pubs.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
First thoroughly entertaining match......but what the hell is going on with the catering?

In the west upper after the match, run out of...

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

When I asked a member of staff what was going on she said the caters had thrown away 7000 quid of food after the Derby match and were scaling back

So here we have the biggest cup match so far at the amex, and the prospect of strong food and drink demand regardless of the result, and they get it totally wrong. Sort it out guys.....

it`s not rocket science , eat before the game if you are not happy with the catering

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
It's the f***ing idiots serving that do my head in, completely incompetent. Needed a tea with no milk, couldn't be done. She spent 10 minutes staring at the till not sure how to work it. Each week there seem to be different staff behind and all as clueless as the rest. Useless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's the f***ing idiots serving that do my head in, completely incompetent. Needed a tea with no milk, couldn't be done. She spent 10 minutes staring at the till not sure how to work it. Each week there seem to be different staff behind and all as clueless as the rest. Useless.

Sounds more like a training/management issue.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Did a tour of all four sides of the ground after the match, not a drop of Harveys in any stand...they even had London Pride in the away end...but all gone. How much is it the Albion lost last year again?...laughable!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one plus point from yesterday was that I was able to have my best ever pint in the North concourse after the game, a pint of London Pride, at long last a decent bitter

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
On a big game like this Surporters make a bigger day of it so we should expect more sales and should adjust but not knowing the figures on previous games its hard to judge. But we should not be getting this wrong? After a season and half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No problamo in the ESL.

Figured I'd better have a balti, after last week, and blooming marvellous it was too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here