Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caroline Lucas MP Discrace!!

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
She might be on holiday, or any other business that maybe slightly higher on the agenda than an individual tax issue. You are talking 6 working days since you sent your first email, in a busy month, I think she deserves a little bit more of a chance before she is labelled a 'disgrace'...

As Bold Seagull says.

I don't know anything about your MP but I do remember from the Falmer campaign when I wrote to my then MP for her support for an early day motion. After about 10 days or so I'd heard nothing and was complaining to all and sundry. A few days later I got a written reply where she said that she had done some investigating into our cause and was glad to support us. She did not mention, but I found out later from local press, that she had been in hospital when I wrote to her being diagnosed and treated for the cancer that later took her life. Don't be too harsh just yet, give her a few more days.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One would hope that she has the interests of one of her constituents, however I have just been given a link to her home page detailing her recent activity in Parliament!!
Green Climate Fund | Energy and Climate Change | Written Answers
2010/12/13 00:00

To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change pursuant to the answer of 22 November 2010, Official Report, column 43, on climate change: developing countries, when he expects the Green Climate Fund to be (a) designed and (b) operational.

USA: Cluster Munitions | Defence | Written Answers

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence whether the Government has reached any understanding with the US administration that the Secretary of State may give authorisation for US cluster munitions to be brought into or carried through the UK or its overseas territories; whether any such arrangement was discussed with US officials prior to Royal Assent to the Cluster Munitions (Prohibition) Act 2009; and if he will make a statement.

Departmental Courier Services | Home Department | Written Answers

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what information her Department has provided to its trade unions side on staff in the Mail Messenger Service in the last six months; whether all information provided to private companies on such staff has been provided to the trade union side; and if she will make a statement.

Iran: Prisoners | Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs | Written Answers

All stuff of course that benefits Brighton.

Good on you girl. :facepalm:

The good thing is she can at least ask questions. Makes no difference but at least she can ask. Thats democracy for you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All stuff of course that benefits Brighton.

Good on you girl. :facepalm:

The good thing is she can at least ask questions. Makes no difference but at least she can ask. Thats democracy for you.
I may have got this wrong but my interpretation is that when she asked these questions it was as Leader of the Green Party, not Brighton Pavilion MP, not sure when she asks questions reating to her patch though?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In her capacity as leader of a political party, not everything she does in parliament relates directly to Brighton.

I have written to her on various occasions, and I found her very helpful, writing on my behalf to the relevant government ministers.

Cherry-picking bits of her work doesn't represent her entire output. When someone does know what shes does more than 5% of her time, then we can blast her. I'd say the same of any MP or minister.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wrote to Dr Lucas on a matter she is very concerned with - public transport (that's not to say she doesn't give a stuff about other issues). I got a reply after about 10 days or so, which appears to be the going rate.

What this issue has to do with party politics - as someone who tried to make out - I've no idea.
Dr lucas ?? She may well be, i have no idea but you are one hell of a pompous prat for using the title , are you going to try and work a reference to yvette cooper and her mobile phone number into this thread ?:lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
At least she asks questions. One of the long standing Brighton Pav MPs was Julain Amery. Asked virtually no questions, didn't give a toss about the constituents. Total abll sack of an MP.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sorry to hear about this. We had a similar situation when my father died (not HMRC, but money problems which Mum wanted to ignore). Sadly, I am not surprised that this MP has failed to reply. The day sof constituency MPs being thier for their constituents appear to be long gone. The last truely brilliant constituency representative I can remember was Andrew Bowden - the Conservative for Kemptown from 1970 to 1992 (until the constituency was targeted by Labour). Was elected by people who knew him to represent them (not a party) in Westminster. Far too few of those left Chicken Run, so sad to say, I'm not surprised.

[Case for two types of MP? 350 representing consituents in parliament and 300 representing a party? Too sensible an idea!]

Not that Lucas would fall into this category, but I'm afraid that these days most MPs are controlled by their party machines. Not always the case, and I am currently reading Chris Mullin's diaries. I would probably be at odds with a large number of his political views, but a thoroughly decent, hardworking MP he undoubtedly was. When she was in government, I used to think of Tessa Jowell as a typical Blairite machine politician, but she has recently been very helpful to a friend of mine whose husband was being held in Egypt. Likewise, I am quite prepared to say that there are some odious characters in my party. As for Lucas, though, I did notice an advert for a PCS march to "defend public sector jobs" in a square in London, at which she was going to appear, just a few days after she was elected. Sure, there might be many public sector workers in Brighton, but not exactly constituency work, is it?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just been through this mate, my Mum passed away. I called them (pension people), they told me to fill in a form which they sent me & any money owed would be calculated. It turns out we don't owe anything but to be honest they were ok to deal with.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dr lucas ?? She may well be, i have no idea but you are one hell of a pompous prat for using the title

'Pompous Prat?' For using her title properly? I call that courtesy, not pomposity. Look the word 'courtesy' up - I suspect you need to.

You've alredy made a total prat of yourself today. Is it absolutely necessary to keep repeating that feat?

Are you going to try and work a reference to yvette cooper and her mobile phone number into this thread ?:lolol:

Er... you just did. I won't bother, ta.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
clearly a frustrating situation for you and causing unnecessary extra stress/sadness to your family.

however, i really cannot understand why you would involve your local mp at this stage nor be that surprised that you don't get a quick response. people expect too much from "The Government". Basically, some individual eejet somewhere in a call centre or in data entry hasn't punched the right buttons, hardly worth complaining to her about.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
clearly a frustrating situation for you and causing unnecessary extra stress/sadness to your family.

however, i really cannot understand why you would involve your local mp at this stage nor be that surprised that you don't get a quick response. people expect too much from "The Government". Basically, some individual eejet somewhere in a call centre or in data entry hasn't punched the right buttons, hardly worth complaining to her about.

You describe my Mothers situation as the foundation of a complaint, I and many others would describe it as a requiement for support, which fundimentaly is a service she and all other MP's advertise in their manifesto in a manner of speaking prior to an election, check out their home pages.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In your world, Jeremy Kyle is pretentious.

Calling someone by their correct title is not pretentious. What would you have me call her? Mrs Lucas? Ms Lucas?

Give it up, mate.
What would i have you call her ?? How about Caroline Lucas MP, like everyone else ?

Face it mate, you're a pretentious cock, as you've proved , time and time again .

I wrote to Carline Lucas on the 8th September this year about the Postal Services Bill, I didn't get the reply from her till the 4th October. She said she was going through her backlog of letters after the summer recess, perhaps she still has a big backlog?
Have you thought that she may have replied to you but the email has gone into your ISPs junk mail folder. This happens to me from time to time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What would i have you call her ?? How about Caroline Lucas MP, like everyone else ?

Face it mate, you're a pretentious cock, as you've proved , time and time again .

Aw, bless. Is that supposed to mean something?

Still, I'd far more be known as pretentious - especially from someone not fully understanding the word - than be, well, someone as embarrassingly and wilfully ignorant as you. If you did know the meaning, you'd also know that 'pretentious' is not the word you're looking for.

And BTW, in the context of how I was originally making my point, no - 'Caroline Lucas MP' does not read as well. 'I've written to Caroline Lucas MP on several occasions...' - appallingly naff as written English goes, especially as we've established who she is earlier on. But not fully comprehending basic written English (look at every single one of your posts), it's not surprising you're ignorant of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here