Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fan re: Noone

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
Thankyou for the reply.

Would you have preferred the Hammam era not to have happened then? Seems to me that he was the one who lifted you from the floor getting in the likes of Kavanagh, Fortune-West and Gordon. OK he left you a debt, but where would you be now without his input?

That's a real tough one to answer. We did go up under Sam but it wasn't with his money which is why at one point, we were £30 m in debt and about 15 mins from being wound up so overall, I think he did a lot of bad more than he did good. Fortune-West was a bit of a cult hero for us but spending £700k on someone like Gavin Gordon goes to show that a lot of the money was massively mis-spent. Nobody knows what would have happened without Sam but I do know we're still paying for his and Ridsdales mistakes.

I've just been told that Noones contract is up this summer, can anyone confirm/deny this???

D

Deleted member 18477

Cardiff at present would be a step up for noone! I can understand why some think it's a sideways step ATM. But a backwards step? Have a day off!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ah, so you're relying on some dodgy Malaysians? Hope that goes well for you!

Having been told to "f*ck off you English c*nt" on three separate occasions in your fine city in August by your class fans I'm surprised anyone want to sign for you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cardiff is a step up, they have a much better chance of the play-offs this season, and have experience of this division that we lack. Last year (as Mancini would say) they were ten yards ahead of us, this year it is 3 or 4 yards.

As for Nooney, he is great fun, always gives 100%, the crowd are lifted when he gets the ball, but he does the majority of his work in the middle third of the pitch, and to be effective it has to be closer to the opponents' goal IMO.

As others have said, his final ball is poor, partially due to his head being down rather than up when passing/crossing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nailed it. Craig could be worth more to us right now as a pile of tenners rather than as a squad winger. Only Gus and a few others know if that is the case.

What is this squad winger rubbish? He has started as first choice winger for most of the season and Lua Lua is injured. Poyet has openly said it will take a significantly better offer, which I would expect to be £1m plus.

Feb 14, 2010
El P, you seem to think that every club is a step up, even the saints that played in front of 14000 at the dingly dell ! Cardiff and Brighton as such similar clubs. Brighton the Charity Shield in 1910, then nothing. Cardiff the FA Cup in 1921 (i think) then nothing. Both clubs massively under achieved with both having a very large fan base. Both clubs now looking to start to realise their potential. Noone will go if Cardiff offer more than Poyet values him for, but he wont if they dont.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But we wouldn't sell him simply to use the money to replace him. That's an incredibly one dimensional way of looking at this.

We might not directly replace him but the money would need to purchase a player who would have at least the same impact to the team as a whole.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
But we wouldn't sell him simply to use the money to replace him. That's an incredibly one dimensional way of looking at this.

So do you think we could carry on with just 2 out and out wingers in the squad in KLL and Buckley? The form of wingers is always up and down and KLL always has an injury not far away. Therefore, if we sold noone we'd have to buy another. Not 1 dimensional in my opinion at all.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
El P, you seem to think that every club is a step up, even the saints that played in front of 14000 at the dingly dell ! Cardiff and Brighton as such similar clubs. Brighton the Charity Shield in 1910, then nothing. Cardiff the FA Cup in 1921 (i think) then nothing. Both clubs massively under achieved with both having a very large fan base. Both clubs now looking to start to realise their potential. Noone will go if Cardiff offer more than Poyet values him for, but he wont if they dont.

WHAT? They got in to the FA Cup final in 2008.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What is this squad winger rubbish? He has started as first choice winger for most of the season and Lua Lua is injured. Poyet has openly said it will take a significantly better offer, which I would expect to be £1m plus.

As much as Noone has played well this season I would'nt mind betting that had Buckley been fit he would've been the first choice winger otherwise I really dont think we'd have spent £1m on a player just to be a bench warmer, Noone got his chance and has taken it but I really dont think he was expected to be more than a squad player this season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ah, so you're relying on some dodgy Malaysians? Hope that goes well for you!

Having been told to "f*ck off you English c*nt" on three separate occasions in your fine city in August by your class fans I'm surprised anyone want to sign for you.
Our city is no diffrent and the flack bellamy got against liverpool in the cup proves such thing.Every club and city has a minority.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That was all a bit rapey from hitony :moo:

Lol - I agree!

Hardly any subtlety in his very public and rushed attempt at grooming (and as for that "The Big End" reference? - well, far too obvious!)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
they fuckin cannot, If PS walked out at Falmer next week I'd run the width of the pitch and kiss his arse, tell him it tasted of chocolate and thank him for being the Albion player that caused an 11 year old to have a 33 year love affair with the game (apparently there was also a bloke called Ward around at the same time but he don't ring no bells)

:bowdown:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it's fair to say that Cardiff IS a step upwards, but as others have said, not nearly as much as it might have been until recently.

I think the "sideways" comment is more from the club's point of view - we don't need to sell Noone for the money (I hope), and unlike Crofts/Bennett, I don't think there is an argument that we would be standing in the way of some fantastic opportunity for him by saying no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here