Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fan re: Noone

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
We did have 3-4k with Chris Pike but in all fairness, you had the same Mount with Leon Knight and Sebastian Carayol??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love Nooney, and he's an exciting player to watch, but also an INCREDIBLY frustrating player to watch. He often skips past two defenders then wastes the cross, and he takes the wrong option 4 times out of 5.

He's such a popular player with both the crowd and the squad, that he would be a big loss, though. Million pounds minimum.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cardiff is a step up, but come next season when our seats are in place, the team is settled, and we've added a few new faces I think we'll be a similar sized club. I'd also be worried about where Cardiffs money's coming from, I thought they were on the verge of financial mess again earlier in the season?
As to Noone, god knows how far he can go. Elliot Bennett seems to be only playing a partial role for Norwich in the Premiership this season, and he was a far, far superior player with more pace and a far better delivery, and thus got far more assists. I think anything near £1m would be good business, providing we have a replacement lined up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Noone for £1million would be a good deal for you, not for us. We don't have to sell, so his price is higher. You should understand that concept, West Ham's pursuit of Peter Whittingham. He's a Championship winger, and how much are you quoting? You don't have to sell, so you can charge what you like. We don't have to sell, we can do the same. I hope he doesn't leave.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We did have 3-4k with Chris Pike but in all fairness, you had the same Mount with Leon Knight and Sebastian Carayol??

Only when we played at Gillingham, out crowds at Withdean were allways decent for the level we were playing and above average for the division we were in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you want a wide player, you can have Peter Sayer back for £500,000.

Feb 14, 2010
Cardiff is a similar sized club to the Albion. The trophies are about the same, our Charity Shield in 1910 and their FA Cup in the 20s. Both clubs have under achieved but are looking to start to change that.

As for Noone, he will play for whoever pays him most and that will depend on which manager values him most. I think Poyet might (rightly) look at our squad and think that they are OK, but nobody is that special. As such, if Cardiff come in with a valuation that Poyet thinks is too high, then we will rightly sell. What that valuation is, I have no idea, but the two managers will have their views.

The great thing is tho' is that we wont sell because we have to, and even if we do sell, it changes nothing in the development of the Albion. As such Cardiff will have to get their cheque book out and throw some serious pound notes.

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
Don't get me wrong, Malky clearly has targets and Ricardo Vaz Te, Andrew Driver and Noone are all realistic targets but it's clear that Malky wants Noone. I read Poyets post match words it's clear that he's willing to sell, it'll just be for how much?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Thing is Cardiff have a realistic chance of going up this season they have been there or there about for a while now, Noone sadly might see his chance at a shot in the prem, that said Cardiff always seem to falter.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't get me wrong, Malky clearly has targets and Ricardo Vaz Te, Andrew Driver and Noone are all realistic targets but it's clear that Malky wants Noone. I read Poyets post match words it's clear that he's willing to sell, it'll just be for how much?

Albion boss Gus Poyet has warned Cardiff their interest in Craig Noone is "going nowhere".

The Argus revealed details earlier today of Cardiff's rejected £400,000 offer for the Seagulls' talented winger.

Poyet said: "People said to me in December are you expecting any offers for Nooney, for Dunky (Lewis Dunk)? I'm ready for anything because in football today you don't know.

"When you get an offer that means players are doing well but it's how you can control it, depending on the offer and the club wanting the player.

"The situation last January with Benno (Elliott Bennett and Norwich) was a nightmare for 20 days, unbearable. Let's see, maybe this one is easier.

"It's totally different. At the moment it's going nowhere. I don't know what is going to happen but what is true right now is they've got no chance.

"They would have to more than significantly up their offer."

Yep that looks like his willing to sell......................NOT

Feb 14, 2010

I agree, we are willing to sell, but only if you pay an inflated price for him. Noone is a good championship winger and so if you offer premier league money then we will wish him all the best

If you want a wide player, you can have Peter Sayer back for £500,000.

they fuckin cannot, If PS walked out at Falmer next week I'd run the width of the pitch and kiss his arse, tell him it tasted of chocolate and thank him for being the Albion player that caused an 11 year old to have a 33 year love affair with the game (apparently there was also a bloke called Ward around at the same time but he don't ring no bells)

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
Thing is Cardiff have a realistic chance of going up this season they have been there or there about for a while now, Noone sadly might see his chance at a shot in the prem, that said Cardiff always seem to falter.

Although I would agree with you about us bottling it, we are a totally different team now. Gone are Dave Jones and his team of Egos and in place is a manager that is a massive breath of fresh air and gets us playing like we should be. We are now a team rather than a group of individuals. We trust Malky far more and we were actually happy to finish mid table this season while Malky found his feet so you can imagine how pleased we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here