Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
picked up one of the last seats in the ESU... for £39 incl. booking fee I can see why they are so slow to sell out!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Yesterday I was speaking to a mate who works in the shop and he said we aren't even close to selling out. They probably haven't released tickets for certain blocks yet.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
picked up one of the last seats in the ESU... for £39 incl. booking fee I can see why they are so slow to sell out!

That is a DISGUSTING price to pay for second tier football, actually ANY football match.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That is a DISGUSTING price to pay for second tier football, actually ANY football match.

I wouldn't feel too bad at paying £40 to watch the World Cup Final, in fact I'd think that was reasonable value. Maybe even the same for an FA Cup final. For a second division league game it is an astonishing price. Cant believe people are willing to pay £39 to watch Brighton, but throw a wobbly when the price of a pint in the ground goes up 30p!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Forth most expensive day/night out in Championship football from last years figures

Attachments

• _championship_table.gif
    _championship_table.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 129

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yesterday I was speaking to a mate who works in the shop and he said we aren't even close to selling out. They probably haven't released tickets for certain blocks yet.

I think many will be shocked and the attendance will be like 22 / 23k - still good but as it is now completely stupidly priced, it will not sell out often...

Its going to be rockin and I cant wait. Biggest attendence to watch the Albion at home for many many years.

Holy crap.

ABSOLUTELY disgusting. Really have mis-priced that. Even in prem th\t's too much IMO..!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So with the price rises recently, we would be 2nd on that list. However with West Ham now gone from the table, and replaced by Wolves (definitely do cheaper tickets than us), Bolton (definitely do), and Blackburn (same again), we are probably the most expensive.

Either way, £39 for a ticket is f*cking disgusting, and i'd never pay that.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It is outrageous and the communication from the club is shit at the moment.

How the f*** they justify that is beyond me. Maybe if they sign Drogba, but apparently we have a very small budget for new players.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
i don't know the prices of bolton/blackburn/wolves but in that list, we are now the most expensive (28 quid is our cheapest ticket, 37 the highest) more expensive than leeds FFS

Over half the Blackburn games are CAT B; the cheapest ticket being £15. The highest category, A*, is from £25 for a ticket, that's only two local derbys though.

Wolves offer tickets at £24 to all games, but also do student tickets (under 21) from £14.

Bolton do tickets from £22, and also do 1 adult + 1 U18 ticket deals for £26. But I know for a fact from a mate of mine they reguarly do deals to attract larger crowds to some games.

So yes, we are now comfortably the most expensive. Disgusting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barber's price hikes all over the shop mean we've comfortably overtaken second and third in that list, and top is West Ham who are no longer in this division. Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves all have tickets cheaper than us, so it's official: Brighton and Hove Albion are the most expensive team to watch in the Championship.

This is what everybody fought for 15 years for. To be totally raped by the man who already finds himself in second place on the Albion's list of worst ever chief executives just three months into the job.

Zzz zzz zzz. Why hasn't Tony Bloom gotten rid of him? Oh, because he's doing what Tony wants him to do.

Blocks S1D, S1E and possibly half of S1F have not been released. Together these would hold at a guess about 1600.

Currently 85 tickets on sale - until one of these blocks is released.

Those who are saying the pricing is a complete sham, please remember there are more people in the country on holiday right now than any other time of the year and it's also an evening game.

There will be more here on Saturday, the following home game will be sold out and from there onwards can we only really judge the attendance figures once we are into September.

Please also remember, that if we were kicking off tonight against a team that travel well, then this game would have already/be out to sell out. The only empty areas of the ground tonight will be areas that are available for away supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here