Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

WSL - 4
ESU - 17
South - 107

That's the best part of 200 tickets since the ticket office shit on Friday.

I remember from the Withdean days a lot went on the day of the game, especially for evening matches. I just hope people realise there are plenty remaining.

Hopefully there will be something in tomorrow's argus and a text from the club to all those registered.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good point, well made.

However I fear for the half empty south at most games, will give the Amex a false sense of being empty on tv and highlights.

Absolutely. Terrible spot to leave empty, TV wise.

Here's a quote from the Cardiff forum, reads like they've sold all the South Stand tickets

i am totally at a loss why our club lets other clubs take the piss ...... today i go down to get my brighton tickets ......they have split us up into 2 areas .....priced at £28 and £34 .....they give us less £28 seats and more £34 seats..... today at 10am there are no £28 seats left .....i dont blame the girls in the ticket office as they can only sell what there given.....why were we not given our total allocation in the £28 seats ......also its time we charged visiting fans who come to cardiff city football club the same prices as we have to pay to visit there stadiums .......imo these clubs are trying to out price away fans of certain clubs ....leeds last year £37 west ham £30something and so on .....its time our club/leaders got together to sort this out .....with the price of travel and ticket nearing £60 per away trip plus food drink programme etc its nearing £100+ everytime .....its becoming a joke ...someone must take responsability and stand up for us fans

This comes from a Cardiff fan, Cardiff the club who according to a mate of mine who visited Ninian Park a few years ago with the Albion, increased the away stand prices on their information board as the away fans were arriving!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry but this has probably been mentioned loads, but what stand are the away fans gonna be located in ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This comes from a Cardiff fan, Cardiff the club who according to a mate of mine who visited Ninian Park a few years ago with the Albion, increased the away stand prices on their information board as the away fans were arriving!

It's not new, many moons ago we arrived for a game at Boothferry Park, as we walked up to the Kwik Save turnstiles (the away end) there was a piece of A4 paper, slipped inside one of those clear plastic wallet things, written on the paper was "Away Fans £10", it had been blu-tacked over the real sign which had a lower price.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
WSL - 4
ESU - 17
South - 107

That's the best part of 200 tickets since the ticket office shit on Friday.

I remember from the Withdean days a lot went on the day of the game, especially for evening matches. I just hope people realise there are plenty remaining.

Hopefully there will be something in tomorrow's argus and a text from the club to all those registered.
crikey!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

To be honest, I miss those days not so long ago at Ninian Park of standing with fencing at the front, dodging coins and bottles filled with piss for 90 minutes and getting a good kicking outside the ground afterwards. :wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What would most of the other clubs in this league give to have "only" a hundred or so seats spare for home games every other week?

Who cares what other people think when they see the ground on TV? The only stat that counts is the attendance figure, which is regularly going to be well over 24,000 this season. Palace fans would eat their own HEADS to have that sort of percentage of capacity filled.

Relax....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My personal opinion is that they should make the south stand cheapy seats at say £20 so these sell out week after week, then those that want to pay the higher prices to sit in the WSL or ESU can do. This will encourage new fans and fill up that stand behind the goal.

To be honest, I miss those days not so long ago at Ninian Park of standing with fencing at the front, dodging coins and bottles filled with piss for 90 minutes and getting a good kicking outside the ground afterwards. :wink:

Never made it to Ninian Park I'm afraid, so can't compare experiences with you!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
My personal opinion is that they should make the south stand cheapy seats at say £20 so these sell out week after week, then those that want to pay the higher prices to sit in the WSL or ESU can do. This will encourage new fans and fill up that stand behind the goal.

Definately this, for less glam matches anyway.

What would most of the other clubs in this league give to have "only" a hundred or so seats spare for home games every other week?

Who cares what other people think when they see the ground on TV? The only stat that counts is the attendance figure, which is regularly going to be well over 24,000 this season. Palace fans would eat their own HEADS to have that sort of percentage of capacity filled.

Relax....

Agree, however, us Albion fans are as fickle as others. Lose at home to Cardiff especially if we don't score again & watch the empty seats on Saturday, as it is a bank holiday weekend

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Bags of piss I remember...... and the car park gauntlet afterwards... nice

It's 30 minutes before the ticket office opens on the day of our 1st home game of the season.

We have 90 tickets left to shift.

84 - south
2 ESU
4 WSL.

However, as well as the 2 eastern blocks of the south, I have a feeling that half of block S1G has not been sold to STH's or daily sales.

There really might be more space than we hoped behind the south goal.

Judging by Insiders reply to my question on ATC, it would appear that blocks are only going to be opened as needed, so I am guessing at some point later this morning we will see half of S1G also become available.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Go get 'em... personally, I just cannot wait...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here