Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Probably a bit of a logistical nightmare, but if a few days before a match the club definitely know they are not going to sell-out, why don't they contact some local schools and give them free tickets?

Would ensure a full-house and they would pick up a few converts along the way (take a ten-year old kid to the Amex to see his first football match, and he could end up a life-long fan...). The club would also make a bit of extra money from merchandise sales.

During term time this would be a good idea however I feel a voice mail coming when they ring the Schools at the present....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
During term time this would be a good idea however I feel a voice mail coming when they ring the Schools at the present....

With the kids on school holiday the club should of thought ahead and introduced kids for quid (with a full paying adult ) would have packed out the whole south stand gonna look half empty with over 2000 returns from Cardiff

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cardiff will have returned them long ago. There is no way they're holding on to 3,300 tickets when they've probably sold about 10% of them. I'm not denying it's a good crowd. In fact, it's an amazing crowd. Any of us who have been part of a sub-5,000 BHAFC home attendance can hardly kick off about the prospect of 23,000ish tomorrow night. But just imagine how it could be even better if the club had set the prices or come up with ideas to fill the rest of the South Stand that Cardiff won't be using.

They are selling two different batches of tickets, the East and New South East, so they won't have sent any back

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Oh yeah - duhr!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here's a quote from the Cardiff forum, reads like they've sold all the South Stand tickets

i am totally at a loss why our club lets other clubs take the piss ...... today i go down to get my brighton tickets ......they have split us up into 2 areas .....priced at £28 and £34 .....they give us less £28 seats and more £34 seats..... today at 10am there are no £28 seats left .....i dont blame the girls in the ticket office as they can only sell what there given.....why were we not given our total allocation in the £28 seats ......also its time we charged visiting fans who come to cardiff city football club the same prices as we have to pay to visit there stadiums .......imo these clubs are trying to out price away fans of certain clubs ....leeds last year £37 west ham £30something and so on .....its time our club/leaders got together to sort this out .....with the price of travel and ticket nearing £60 per away trip plus food drink programme etc its nearing £100+ everytime .....its becoming a joke ...someone must take responsability and stand up for us fans

They are selling two different batches of tickets, the East and New South East, so they won't have sent any back

Nor do we need any of these 2 batches.

However, we can assume the south stand is still fully available. At the current rate, the remaining tickets will go today, so I am hopeful some of the rest of the south will sell tomorrow to last minute deciders.

Here's a quote from the Cardiff forum, reads like they've sold all the South Stand tickets

i am totally at a loss why our club lets other clubs take the piss ......take our friendly with oxford for example .....its pay on the day at £16 ..why as forest green and bournemouth and cheltenham only charge us £10...then today i go down to get my brighton tickets ......they have split us up into 2 areas .....priced at £28 and £34 .....they give us less £28 seats and more £34 seats..... today at 10am there are no £28 seats left .....i dont blame the girls in the ticket office as they can only sell what there given.....why were we not given our total allocation in the £28 seats ......also its time we charged visiting fans who come to cardiff city football club the same prices as we have to pay to visit there stadiums .......imo these clubs are trying to out price away fans of certain clubs ....leeds last year £37 west ham £30something and so on .....its time our club/leaders got together to sort this out .....with the price of travel and ticket nearing £60 per away trip plus food drink programme etc its nearing £100+ everytime .....its becoming a joke ...someone must take responsability and stand up for us fans

This suggests they have sold all the corner tickets and the only ones left are the ESL.

If you read their website, fans are offered the choice of corners or the side - no mention of behind the goal.

Should also add that I think the SE corner hold 800ish and the ESL (away section) holds 1200 ish, so it's not really surprising the tight bastards have sold out of the cheap ones.

It does mean though that the will be in good attendance.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Another block in the ESU and WSL gone and only limited availability in the south now.

WSL - 14
ESU - 25
South - 110

149 remaining - selling very fast!

Fantastic, biggest league crowd ever and it should be rockin.

A warm up for the Barnsley game, which I am missing for the Cricket final in Cardiff :wrong:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am hopeful some of the rest of the south will sell tomorrow to last minute deciders.

No tickets for sale on the day of the game.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So it actually sounds like we are going to have a pocket of away fans in the corner and huge spaces of empty seats either side of them to the east stand and south. That is the worst cast secenario from an atmosphere perspective.

So many doom mongers.

Yes, it sounds like the corner for away's is sold out. There is no reason to believe there will be huge spaces of empty seats in the away ESL. Even if they do not sell all their seats here, there is no reason they will all sit to one side, thus making a space.

As it stands, yes we have the eastern half of the south still to be sold, but I suspect, baring the sterile area between the fans, those already sat in the south will have the opportunity to 'spread out'. So, even if we don't sell one of the tickets (I actually think we will) in the 'unsold' area of the south, there is still going to be a bum on every other seat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure, if the hundreds of empty seats behind the goal turn out to be a reality, the club will be able to re-address this for future games. This is the first game with the new configuration, with the away fans being shoved into the corner, in the same was many other clubs do it. Let's give them a chance shall we? I doubt they have done anything without giving it serious consideration.

With sold out season tickets and barely a couple of hundred unsold seats for this game, I think they should be commended for an outstanding acheivement. In the space of one football season, they have changed it from around 7000 Albion fans per game, to well over 22000 of us per game. :clap:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure, if the hundreds of empty seats behind the goal turn out to be a reality, the club will be able to re-address this for future games. This is the first game with the new configuration, with the away fans being shoved into the corner, in the same was many other clubs do it. Let's give them a chance shall we? I doubt they have done anything without giving it serious consideration.

With sold out season tickets and barely a couple of hundred unsold seats for this game, I think they should be commended for an outstanding acheivement. In the space of one football season, they have changed it from around 7000 Albion fans per game, to well over 22000 of us per game. :clap:

Good point, well made.

However I fear for the half empty south at most games, will give the Amex a false sense of being empty on tv and highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here