Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Barber's price hikes all over the shop mean we've comfortably overtaken second and third in that list, and top is West Ham who are no longer in this division. Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves all have tickets cheaper than us, so it's official: Brighton and Hove Albion are the most expensive team to watch in the Championship.

This is what everybody fought for 15 years for. To be totally raped by the man who already finds himself in second place on the Albion's list of worst ever chief executives just three months into the job.

Is exactly the right statement, it's already becoming clear why everyone was so unhappy with Barber at his previous club.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So yes, we are now comfortably the most expensive. Disgusting.

it is a little bit depressing, but with a brand spanking new 100 million pound stadium we had to expect it, how else was it going to be paid for. The thing that worries me is that despite Brighton and Hove being a relatively well off part of the country, the support doesnt necessarily come from that demographic, and i can see the working class element of our fans being priced out before too long, and these are the very fans which fought for the stadium in the first place.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Could go up the road to Crawley and Lewes and see a decent standard of football for less

Crawley MATCHDAY PRICES 2012-13

Adults

WEST STAND £22
EAST STAND £19
TERRACE £17

I am happy to fund the Albion on its current journey

Zzz zzz zzz. Why hasn't Tony Bloom gotten rid of him? Oh, because he's doing what Tony wants him to do.

Agreed- This season I am paying £5 more per game for my seat at the Amex watching quality championship football than I was paying watching league one at Withdean.

I am more than happy to pay this, and more if necessary until that amazing man who spent £100m on our stadium gets some of his money back.

Also, I might be mistaken as I was a STH at Withers and now the Amex, but was a south stand ticket at Withdean not £24? It's now £28? Someone please explain the logic of this moaning?

That was 2 years ago - inflation along has taken care of the best part of 10%, so are these guys really moaning about a £1.60 increase in real terms to sit in the Amex watching the likes of Vicente, Bridge, CMS, Bruno etc in the Championship, or would you be happier with an extra £1.60 in your pocket each week, getting wet, no atmosphere, greasy chips from a pikey caravan and watching the likes of Carol being skimmed by the Walsall forwards.

Yes, there are more expensive tickets, but guess what? The only ones left are those cheap ones, there are £1.60 more expensive than at Withdean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Zzz zzz zzz. Why hasn't Tony Bloom gotten rid of him? Oh, because he's doing what Tony wants him to do.

Indeed. This Barber witch-hunt is very tiresome.

The man has been here five minutes. I'm sure that nearly ALL of these pricing decisions will have been taken before he even arrived.

TCB et al for example blame him for the price of beer - a price that was already implemented in MAY for the FBS gigs - two month before Barber started.

If the people concerned expressed those concerns in a more constructive manner, I'd imagine more people would take them seriously.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
it is a little bit depressing, but with a brand spanking new 100 million pound stadium we had to expect it, how else was it going to be paid for. The thing that worries me is that despite Brighton and Hove being a relatively well off part of the country, the support doesnt necessarily come from that demographic, and i can see the working class element of our fans being priced out before too long, and these are the very fans which fought for the stadium in the first place.

I've got mates who have already stopped going, because they simply can no longer afford it.

Thing is, come January/February, and if we are mid table playing for very little, do the club honestly think that we'll sell tickets at minimum £30 a pop to see the likes of Barnsley, Burnley, and Bolton.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The matchday prices mean that I cant afford to not have a season ticket. That's good.

I cant see season ticket prices staying the same for next season though, even if we are still in the Championship.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Barber's price hikes all over the shop mean we've comfortably overtaken second and third in that list, and top is West Ham who are no longer in this division. Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves all have tickets cheaper than us, so it's official: Brighton and Hove Albion are the most expensive team to watch in the Championship.

This is what everybody fought for 15 years for. To be totally raped by the man who already finds himself in second place on the Albion's list of worst ever chief executives just three months into the job.

Blimey, we haven't even had ONE home game yet, and the hyperbole machine gets into overdrive. You do not get a stadium as good as the Amex for free. For season ticket holders the Amex is astoundingly good value, and for those buying on an occasional basis you get the buses, trains and park and ride chucked in with the price of your ticket. Considering we paid £30 at Shitehurst and Fratton Park last year the Amex represents a f*cking great football experience.

WTF is wrong with Brighton fans these days, moan, moan, moan and f*cking moan. Why do some of you even bother going if it's such a rip-off. Whilst I would agree there are some things that could be better at the club, things are still in the overall pretty damn good imo.

Thank f*ck we'll have the game to talk about tomorrow.

I've got mates who have already stopped going, because they simply can no longer afford it.

Thing is, come January/February, and if we are mid table playing for very little, do the club honestly think that we'll sell tickets at minimum £30 a pop to see the likes of Barnsley, Burnley, and Bolton.

We will have already played Barnsley by then
The season before last, Reading were mid table in January - they might argue there is still plenty to play for.
They are not £30 - they are £28 including travel from virtually anywhere in Sussex and kids tickets are just £7.

Barnsley is next Saturday - hardly the depths of winter.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
39 quid INCLUDING travel to and from the stadium. So you can knock a couple of quid off at least.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
STs are very well priced.

We have 21,750 (give or take a dozen) STH

With us being SO very expensive for the casual fan, and for away fans (if they have to pay the £34.00 price) then we will VERY rarely sell out.

Monumental (IMO) cock up by the club on the match by match pricing - I know they want to encourage STs but not everyone has one, or wants one.

These prices will just put the casual fan off coming to games.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
When some of you are mentioning the price of Withdean compared to the Amex now, I think you have forgotten something. At Withdean our ticket prices were already at the top end. This was because of huge overheads, we had to have about 4-5k in the ground just to break even. That is not the case at the Amex. £39 for a seat? Come on. That's too much, as is £30 for the South. We were already at the top end of expensive and last year were 4th most expensive. I'd say we are now 1st or 2nd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's only just appointed him. And he obviously has to give him a chance to implement his ideas (sorry, his idea). Once thousands of empty seats becomes the norm and everybody is turning up at 2.50pm we'll see what TB really thinks of him.

Your naivety in this instance is astounding. I love the idea that Tony's just gone "yeah, you get on with it, I'll have no input whatsoever". Tony will know about all of these price rises. He's clearly comfortable with it.

Are you genuinely suggesting Tony didn't do his research before getting Barber in? He knew EXACTLY what he was bringing in.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
STs are very well priced.

We have 21,750 (give or take a dozen) STH

With us being SO very expensive for the casual fan, and for away fans (if they have to pay the £34.00 price) then we will VERY rarely sell out.

Monumental (IMO) cock up by the club on the match by match pricing - I know they want to encourage STs but not everyone has one, or wants one.

These prices will just put the casual fan off coming to games.

Very much THIS

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Blimey, we haven't even had ONE home game yet, and the hyperbole machine gets into overdrive. You do not get a stadium as good as the Amex for free. For season ticket holders the Amex is astoundingly good value, and for those buying on an occasional basis you get the buses, trains and park and ride chucked in with the price of your ticket. Considering we paid £30 at Shitehurst and Fratton Park last year the Amex represents a f*cking great football experience.

WTF is wrong with Brighton fans these days, moan, moan, moan and f*cking moan. Why do some of you even bother going if it's such a rip-off. Whilst I would agree there are some things that could be better at the club, things are still in the overall pretty damn good imo.

Thank f*ck we'll have the game to talk about tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here