Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
That is a DISGUSTING price to pay for second tier football, actually ANY football match.

The club are trying to (in my opinion) steer everyone towards the long term investment of a season ticket. Nothing wrong with that. If you want value snap one up!
Yes some cant commit to a season ticket but most can. They have to go with the 80/20 rule. Anyway, your £39 goes towards the club, its not like your paying it for Palace away.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We will have already played Barnsley by then
The season before last, Reading were mid table in January - they might argue there is still plenty to play for.
They are not £30 - they are £28 including travel from virtually anywhere in Sussex and kids tickets are just £7.

Yes. I Know. But it was a hypothetical example of us playing a mediocre team and being charged £30 incl booking fee. Agreed, it includes travel, but to me and most people I know that's of absolutely no benefit whatsoever. As I said I got on the train almost every game last season and not once was I asked for a travel ticket of any sort, and what about those who drive?

All I'm saying is if we're anywhere outside the top 8 after Christmas, we're really going to struggle to sell tickets to anyone apart from Palace etc at £30 a pop. £39 including booking fee though for Championship football is a disgusting price.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The matchday prices mean that I cant afford to not have a season ticket. That's good.

I cant see season ticket prices staying the same for next season though, even if we are still in the Championship.

We already know STs would have been 10 pounds a month more expensive across the board if we were in the Premier League this year. Expect similar or more if it happens in the future.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed, it includes travel, but to me and most people I know that's of absolutely no benefit whatsoever. As I said I got on the train almost every game last season and not once was I asked for a travel ticket of any sort,.

Words fail me.

Basically, the match-day price has gone up £3 because of YOU. Do you not understand that?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
my ticket season ticket in Northstand is £18 a game including £4 bus jouney ...Bargain !! stop moaning everyone

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Words fail me.

Basically, the match-day price has gone up £3 because of YOU. Do you not understand that?

Ok, point was poorly made. What I mean is that most games I'll drive and park, or will walk, so the voucher is of no benefit. Even last season when vouchers were additional, there was no need for them as checks were never performed.

If people want to get the train, make them pay for it. Don't make it a sweeping inclusion for all, whereby everyone pays for the train, even if they are walking, cycling, or driving to the game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ok, point was poorly made. What I mean is that most games I'll drive and park, or will walk, so the voucher is of no benefit. Even last season when vouchers were additional, there was no need for them as checks were never performed.

If people want to get the train, make them pay for it. Don't make it a sweeping inclusion for all, whereby everyone pays for the train, even if they are walking, cycling, or driving to the game.

The travel element has to be all inclusive otherwise the sustainable transport strategy starts to unravel , which is part of the conditions laid down by the council to use The Amex as a community stadium.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

They tried that. Unfortunately PEOPLE didn't buy into it (literally). Hence it failed. I paid for travel vouchers and didn't once use them, I'm not going to run to the club for my money back because everyone else got on for free though/

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I didn't mean it to come across as a complaint (I paid so how can I complain), only that I can see why the tickets are not being snapped up. Let's just say I clicked "checkout" begrudgingly, and as a consequence, I will enjoy the view even more!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
my ticket season ticket in Northstand is £18 a game including £4 bus jouney ...Bargain !! stop moaning everyone

Nobody was dicussing the season ticket prices - it was purely match by match. I agree, my ST in WSU front row at £18.50 per game is good value. £39 for a one off game is not good value wherever the seat is. Just my opinion (and many others by the look of it)...

Yes. I Know. But it was a hypothetical example of us playing a mediocre team and being charged £30 incl booking fee. Agreed, it includes travel, but to me and most people I know that's of absolutely no benefit whatsoever. As I said I got on the train almost every game last season and not once was I asked for a travel ticket of any sort, and what about those who drive?

Most, by definition is greater than 50% I think the club recently announced that more than 80% arrive by public transport. All of these will benefit.

Those who drive have seen a reduction this year in the cost of their parking place.

Those who walk do not benefit from the inclusive travel voucher.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
it is a little bit depressing, but with a brand spanking new 100 million pound stadium we had to expect it, how else was it going to be paid for. The thing that worries me is that despite Brighton and Hove being a relatively well off part of the country, the support doesnt necessarily come from that demographic, and i can see the working class element of our fans being priced out before too long, and these are the very fans which fought for the stadium in the first place.

Completely agree.

Nobody was dicussing the season ticket prices - it was purely match by match. I agree, my ST in WSU front row at £18.50 per game is good value. £39 for a one off game is not good value wherever the seat is. Just my opinion (and many others by the look of it)...

You are so using the wrong example. Yes, £37 is expensive for a ticket at the Amex, but very very few will pay this. All bar a few dozen that are for sale on a match by match basis are either in the south (£28 inc travel) or WSL ewings (a bit more, can't remember)

The chap who just came on and moaned about the price of the ESU ticket, curiously still purchased it, when he could have got much cheaper seats in WSL or South. There are so few available on the ESU on a match by match basis that they will always sell.

71 tickets left

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
STs are very well priced.

We have 21,750 (give or take a dozen) STH

With us being SO very expensive for the casual fan, and for away fans (if they have to pay the £34.00 price) then we will VERY rarely sell out.

Monumental (IMO) cock up by the club on the match by match pricing - I know they want to encourage STs but not everyone has one, or wants one.

These prices will just put the casual fan off coming to games.

Absolutely.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even last season when vouchers were additional, there was no need for them as checks were never performed.

So let me get this straight: because nobody asked you for a voucher, you think that made it acceptable not to get one?

If you walked out of Tesco with a bottle of wine and nobody spotted you or asked you to pay for it, would that make it ok to keep on walking?

I know our rail companies are largely rubbish, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to travel without tickets just because there happens to be no barrier or inspector on scene.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are so using the wrong example. Yes, £37 is expensive for a ticket at the Amex, but very very few will pay this. All bar a few dozen that are for sale on a match by match basis are either in the south (£28 inc travel) or WSL ewings (a bit more, can't remember)

The chap who just came on and moaned about the price of the ESU ticket, curiously still purchased it, when he could have got much cheaper seats in WSL or South. There are so few available on the ESU on a match by match basis that they will always sell.

Yes, I hear you. £28 isn't SO bad - although I doubt i'll personally pay that for a cup game against anyone in our lg or below - too expensive. (my opinion / finances etc). I think it's just the fact £39 is an option that sticks in a lot of peoples throat. Football in general too expensive IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:kiss:

Morning, natterjack. Nice to hear from you.

We'll certainly see if we can oblige.

buuuuzzzzzziiinnnngggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So let me get this straight: because nobody asked you for a voucher, you think that made it acceptable not to get one?

If you walked out of Tesco with a bottle of wine and nobody spotted you or asked you to pay for it, would that make it ok to keep on walking?

I know our rail companies are largely rubbish, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to travel without tickets just because there happens to be no barrier or inspector on scene.

You're right EK. People seemed genuinely smug last year that they had not bought vouchers when I had...

The club are trying to (in my opinion) steer everyone towards the long term investment of a season ticket. Nothing wrong with that. If you want value snap one up!
Yes some cant commit to a season ticket but most can. They have to go with the 80/20 rule. Anyway, your £39 goes towards the club, its not like your paying it for Palace away.

Another way to steer people to a season ticket is success! I see what you mean in your point though and this is a possible strategy that is being followed by the club.

There has been much comment on the various price rises and in my opinion the match day prices are too expensive for home and away fans. The fifty pence rise on the programme since at least the 06/07 is not bad at all. Price rises on food and drink are not wise coupled with the lack of selection for lager drinkers now and the club may see a drop in food and drink sales as fans take their custom elsewhere.

Perhaps the people who are decrying Paul Barber already about these price rises would like to consider the root cause for these price rises, something that is beyond Tony Bloom and Paul Barber's control: players wages in the Premier League. My understanding is that Tony Bloom wants to make sure the club gets near to breaking even as much as possible, with high wages and more staff on the payroll then it's obvious that prices will be increased across the board. The shocking cost of players wages filters down the leagues and with ex-Premier League clubs in our division players wages play a significant part in the running costs of a club seeking promotion to the Premier League and our playing budget isn't the biggest either!

Also is the cost of the stadium building programme being factored into the price increases? I thought the money to build the stadium was an interest free long term loan that has to be paid back within twenty five years. Is Tony Bloom asking for this money yet?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here