Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello resigns (merged)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I heard Pearce and Southgate to take charge Until a new boss is appointed. That's what it just said on Talksport

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Capello is a brilliant manager, I dont think anyone else would have done any better over the past 4 years with the players we had. Hes better off out of the ridiculous circus that is our national football team.

The FA are going to have to give it to Harry this time or the media will never forgive them. Having said that, you know for a fact that they will inevitably be saying that hes not tactically up to it and giving him a load of stick in a couple of years after yet more failure. The England farce is always so boring.

And as for the paranoid boring Gus going to Spurs stuff, I wouldnt even say he would be the favourite Championship manager for the job. Chris Hughton should be ahead of him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The blame lies squarely at the door of the idiots who decided to charge Terry with racial abuse. What a bunch of nonsense! I believe it started because some bloke saw Terry say something to Anton ON TV!!! Hey, blokes do swear. That's what we do. And sometimes it might be a bit off colour and something you didn't want your Granny to hear. But taking the guy to court for something said in the heat of the moment on the football field is absolutely effing stupid. Don't get me wrong, I don't personally like Terry ... I think the guy's got all the makings of a thug and I'm not sure he is currently one of the country's best two central defenders ... but this whole thing is PC gone effing mad.

er.. it's his job. If you or I were suspected of doing that at work (even within the context Terry claims) we would be suspended pending an inquiry.

PC gone mad ? Nope, Football just caught up with the real world. If Cappello thinks he has been undermined he needs to be reminded that he is just he manager of the football team and not the f**cking King of England.

Good riddance.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry but exactly when were you privvy to the contract between the FA and Capello? .

I don't have to be. For Capello to take the job, not having stipulated in his contract that he wants to have ultimate authority on team selection and to decide his captain, or assuming he did and not knowing the FA has ultimate authority on whether a captain retains his status, is Capello not doing his homework.

It doesn't appear as if the FA have created new powers for themselves over the England captaincy since Capello signed his contract. They merely acted on the powers they had before and during his reign.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't have to be. For Capello to take the job, not having stipulated in his contract that he wants to have ultimate authority on team selection and to decide his captain, or assuming he did and not knowing the FA has ultimate authority on whether a captain retains his status, is Capello not doing his homework.

It doesn't appear as if the FA have created new powers for themselves over the England captaincy since Capello signed his contract. They merely acted on the powers they had before and during his reign.

Do you then think that there is any football manager anywhere that has it written into his contract that he picks the team and the captain. Do you think Poyet has it written in his contrat! Get real. Have you or do you have a team of employees that report to you. People you recruit. What would you do if you line manager just announced that they had sacked one of them without involving you in the process. If you just accept it then doesn't that undermine your position and leadership with the rest of the team!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can't say as I liked him or disliked him(Capello) but I will say this is a man with a backbone and whatever is said about Terry he is innocent until proven guilty and as for the FA sacking Terry as captain before he has been proved guilty what makes them judge and jury when they are the most inept bunch of idiots and the sooner we get rid of them the better and if it is found that Terry is innocent of the charges laid against him Ihope he sues the FA and that might just bancrupt them and finish them off.
and if Harry has any sense he will tell the FA to f**k off

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do you then think that there is any football manager anywhere that has it written into his contract that he picks the team and the captain. Do you think Poyet has it written in his contrat! Get real. Have you or do you have a team of employees that report to you. People you recruit. What would you do if you line manager just announced that they had sacked one of them without involving you in the process. If you just accept it then doesn't that undermine your position and leadership with the rest of the team!!

Whether an office job, Brighton or England manager, or road sweeper, what kind of job description would it be that doesn't actually state the duties of the job and lines of reporting and authority within it?

A disciplinary decision to remove Terry's captaincy is only undermining to a manager such as Capello if he acted like he had ultimate authority over the captaincy and it is shown that he doesn't. A manager that knows the extent and limits of his powers from day one, and doesn't over-reach his authority, is not undermined.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Joey Barton has chipped in with a superior tweet. Something along the lines of "no captain and no manager within four months of a major championship. What is going on?" Couldn't agree more.

Am already sick of the media bleating on about needing an English coach. I don't care about the nationality of the coach if they're any good. Would you turn away Hiddink? Mourinho? Gus?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Joey Barton has chipped in with a superior tweet. Something along the lines of "no captain and no manager within four months of a major championship. What is going on?" Couldn't agree more.

Am already sick of the media bleating on about needing an English coach. I don't care about the nationality of the coach if they're any good. Would you turn away Hiddink? Mourinho? Gus?

Ernest clearly has members of ARS in the media.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here