Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Robert Peston please just FU*K OFF !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who's to say what theey use before they're given all the robes, Large? I never heard of anyone called Peston doing anything to earn a peerage; can you deny it wasn't a brown-envelope job for services to the Labour Party?

A stainless steel spoon, I suspect.

Why would he need a brown envelope to become a life peer in this instance? He advised the Labour Party for 20 years, so they (well, Margaret Thatcher, actually) stuck him in the Lords.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This f***ing bloke does my head in.

He has built up a career of a serial bringer of doom, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. Every time I see his stupid smug face on the tele I know it is yet more bad news and doom and gloom.

Its been nearly four and a half years now. He now peddles an agenda ( and hope ) of the Euro going down the toilet as it will extend his career further and longer.

The only time he will crawl off back under the rock he came from is when the economy improves and there are finally some good news stories. He will then be surplus to requirements. Unfortunately it looks like that will be a few years off yet.

He is now on BBC 1 about the 3500 job losses at RBoS.

Don't forget this is the Man who started the rush on Northern Rock in 2007 when leaking the story about their difficulties so many actually think he was the catalyst.

His stupid way of talking also fucks me off !

All this incessant doom and gloom and bad news affects people's minds and could well be extending the poor economic figures as many people will have just given up now, thinking, whats the point in trying anymore ?

So f*** OFF Peston I am going to do my level best to make it a GOOD year in 2012, just to spite you and I suggest others do the same.

That is all.

Are you having a bad day Uncle ???

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

He has built up a career of a serial bringer of doom, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. Every time I see his stupid smug face on the tele I know it is yet more bad news and doom and gloom.

Its been nearly four and a half years now. He now peddles an agenda ( and hope ) of the Euro going down the toilet as it will extend his career further and longer.

The only time he will crawl off back under the rock he came from is when the economy improves and there are finally some good news stories. He will then be surplus to requirements. Unfortunately it looks like that will be a few years off yet.

Don't forget this is the Man who started the rush on Northern Rock in 2007 when leaking the story about their difficulties so many actually think he was the catalyst.

All this incessant doom and gloom and bad news affects people's minds and could well be extending the poor economic figures as many people will have just given up now, thinking, whats the point in trying anymore ?

So f*** OFF Peston I am going to do my level best to make it a GOOD year in 2012, just to spite you and I suggest others do the same.

That is all.

Very much this uncle s. Every sentiment expressed on your post I have been thinking for a long time. I find him patronising and egotistical. I've seen him interviewed and he seems to think that he's some kind of financial deity, that at the wave of his hand he can influence the course of the financial markets.
The bloke is a prize tool

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm with Uncle on this, they say that every cloud has a silver lining, well, he certainly has his since things have gone down the tubes. I dislike his smug criticism and superior attitude and the way whenever there is a financial wobble, up he pops. Wouldn't it be nice if Merkel and Sarco just said " here you are Robert, you F****** well sort it all out then "

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
His ability to be an independent journalist has long been in question following his biography of Gordon Brown, given (a) the unprecedented access he was given to Government documents (by Brown) and (b) the sympathetic way in which Brown was portrayed in the book.

He is also well embedded into the establishment and whilst the focus on News International has been on their relationship with politicians, Peston, Flanders and others were also in the loop. In one of the last summer parties held by Wade, policticians from all 3 parties were there.........and so was Peston and Flanders.

Flanders objectivity is also tainted given she slept with Balls and Miliband whilst in Uni but they say that's where you get your contacts.

Personally I would chuck them in the oven with the politicians.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
His ability to be an independent journalist has long been in question following his biography of Gordon Brown, given (a) the unprecedented access he was given to Government documents (by Brown) and (b) the sympathetic way in which Brown was portrayed in the book.

He is also well embedded into the establishment and whilst the focus on News International has been on their relationship with politicians, Peston, Flanders and others were also in the loop. In one of the last summer parties held by Wade, policticians from all 3 parties were there.........and so was Peston and Flanders.

Flanders objectivity is also tainted given that she had relationships with Balls and Miliband whilst at Oxford Uni but they say that's where you get your contacts.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset

Flanders objectivity is also tainted given she slept with Balls and Miliband whilst in Uni but they say that's where you get your contacts.

You can say that again.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset

Flanders objectivity is also tainted given that she had relationships with Balls and Miliband whilst at Oxford Uni but they say that's where you get your contacts.

Oh. You did.

:jester:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

That is all.

and just to add to your angst.... His father is a Lord

and spoke on the economy yesterday.

Like father, like son!

VIEWERS accustomed to having the latest twists in the never-ending financial crisis explained to them by the BBC's business editor Robert Peston may be interested to hear what his dad has to say on the matter.

At question time in the House of Lords yesterday, Lord Peston, a Labour peer, slammed the Conservative-Lib Dem coalition's economic policies, saying: "When will the Government recognise that the present dire state of the economy is attributable overwhelmingly to their own stupid policies?"

Lord Peston, who was an economics professor before entering the upper house, added: "Is it not about time that the Government apologised to the British people for what they are doing and accepted responsibility for it?"

Lord Sassoon gave his fellow peer short shrift, and blamed the previous Labour government. "It will not surprise the noble Lord if I completely disagree with that," he said. "The state of the economy today is largely a result of the debt-fuelled boom with its unregulated banks that was allowed to go on for 10 years and more under the previous Government.

"We have inherited a dire situation and the first thing we have to do is to get the deficit under control

Read more: Peston’s dad slams ‘stupid’ coalition economic policy | News | The Week UK

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Once again I find myself in disagreement with the OP. I always read Peston's blog (if you try hard enough you can even switch his voice off in your head) and find his opinion and insight valuable.

Shall I just do one now ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Once again I find myself in disagreement with the OP. I always read Peston's blog (if you try hard enough you can even switch his voice off in your head) and find his opinion and insight valuable.

Shall I just do one now ?

No, all opinions are welcome.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think he talks a lot of sense. I think things are even more f***ed up than any of us fear, and far from creating doom he is trying to soften the blow.

While he does often talk a lot of sense, I do tend to agree with US that he is becoming part of teh problem. The markets, and our spending behaviours are heavily influenced by confidence, and what we believe the future holds. therefore by talking crisis, crisis, crisis all the time, does become a self-fulfilling prophecy as that causes a lack of confidence which fuels a crisis.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
While he does often talk a lot of sense, I do tend to agree with US that he is becoming part of teh problem. The markets, and our spending behaviours are heavily influenced by confidence, and what we believe the future holds. therefore by talking crisis, crisis, crisis all the time, does become a self-fulfilling prophecy as that causes a lack of confidence which fuels a crisis.

But... ONE person with that much influence?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But... ONE person with that much influence?

He is becoming quite influential. I'm not saying he is the sole cause, that would be ludicrous, but "becoming part of the problem", hmm, yes, I do tend to agree with that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He is becoming quite influential. I'm not saying he is the sole cause, that would be ludicrous, but "becoming part of the problem", hmm, yes, I do tend to agree with that.

Point is... is he lying? Or distorting the truth?

When you have the Daily Mail putting its sensationalist spin headlines about immigrants or Europe or drugs or whatever you take it with a pinch of salt because you know it's pandering to some people's worst prejudices and fears - thereby exaggerating a problem which may not exist or may not affect many people directly.

But is that what Peston is doing here? Are you suggesting that he should involve himself in a conspiracy of silence when things in banking or the market aren't going well? Is that responsible journalism?

If he is reporting that things are bad, is it not because things are bad?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

This is spot on. Peston with his incessant gloom and doom and negativity is having a serious impact, not just his, the whole media in general just LOVES the bad news, gloom, recession and reports on every single bit of bad economic data whilst totalling ignoring the few positive signs. Peston has engendered an attitude of " do not spend ", although a lot of people are barely making ends meet , there are a lots of people still with large amounts of disposible cash and savings and are sitting on their hands and not spending, buying goods, going on hoildays incase Peston's financial armageddon comes to pass. This will just extend the negative growth, tip us into a double dip recession and so it goes on and on. Although the numbers of people shopping leading up to Xmas was well up, the actual amount of money spent was well down with most companies. I, 100% believe Peston is earning very good money since 2007 with this world crisis , being, in the right place at the right time. He by all accounts is a ruthless bastard who would trample on anyone to get to the top and his stupid speech is taught by a speech therapist to gain maximum impact .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here