Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Robert Peston please just FU*K OFF !

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
This f***ing bloke does my head in.

He has built up a career of a serial bringer of doom, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. Every time I see his stupid smug face on the tele I know it is yet more bad news and doom and gloom.

Its been nearly four and a half years now. He now peddles an agenda ( and hope ) of the Euro going down the toilet as it will extend his career further and longer.

The only time he will crawl off back under the rock he came from is when the economy improves and there are finally some good news stories. He will then be surplus to requirements. Unfortunately it looks like that will be a few years off yet.

He is now on BBC 1 about the 3500 job losses at RBoS.

Don't forget this is the Man who started the rush on Northern Rock in 2007 when leaking the story about their difficulties so many actually think he was the catalyst.

His stupid way of talking also fucks me off !

All this incessant doom and gloom and bad news affects people's minds and could well be extending the poor economic figures as many people will have just given up now, thinking, whats the point in trying anymore ?

So f*** OFF Peston I am going to do my level best to make it a GOOD year in 2012, just to spite you and I suggest others do the same.

That is all.

I've highlighted the part I agree with. He's a condescending prat. Wish he'd f*** off and find someone else to talk down to rather than us peasants.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not sure he started all the Northern Rock stuff, but I have to agree with Unc S on this one, Peston is a ***t. I switch channels when he's on. Same with Alex Salmond, chubby faced, smug haggis nosher!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I wouldn't piss on Peston if he was on fire in my house. The man is a c*nt. There is not one single journalist in the whole world who I hate more than Peston. He is a patronising prick who thinks he knows everything there is to know about the worlds financial situation. What really annoys me more, is he thinks he finds this stuff out first. The Telegraph and the FT were the first to break this news story on the 5th January, albeit with slightly inflated numbers on the job losses. He is a wank journalist, and the BBC should find someone to replace him immediately. If he spoke to me personally, like he does to the millions of people watching him on the tv, then i'd smash his teeth down his neck. I hate the prick.

Oh and he doesn't report things factually either, the doom and gloom spin is always his angle, and it fucks me off. Is it any wonder that this country is on its knees worrying about the future when you have pricks like that advising the nation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't piss on Peston if he was on fire in my house. The man is a c*nt. There is not one single journalist in the whole world who I hate more than Peston. He is a patronising prick who thinks he knows everything there is to know about the worlds financial situation. What really annoys me more, is he thinks he finds this stuff out first. The Telegraph and the FT were the first to break this news story on the 5th January, albeit with slightly inflated numbers on the job losses. He is a wank journalist, and the BBC should find someone to replace him immediately. If he spoke to me personally, like he does to the millions of people watching him on the tv, then i'd smash his teeth down his neck. I hate the prick.

Oh and he doesn't report things factually either, the doom and gloom spin is always his angle, and it fucks me off. Is it any wonder that this country is on its knees worrying about the future when you have pricks like that advising the nation.

So, in summary, you're still undecided on this one?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm interested in his subject but leave the room when he comes on. Only a right-on auntie could employ a bloke with a speech impediment as a TV commentator. They're probably employing blind chauffeurs as we speak.

Anything goes on tv these days. It doesn't seem to matter whether presenters lisp, have speech impediments,can't say their r's or their th's...they all get jobs. There was a time when a speech impediment would have barred you from a job on the beeb. Why? Because the young ( unknowingly ) imitate and pick up bad habits. More and more younger people are growing up with speech impediments because of its prevalence in the media.
Speech problems used to be found most commonly in the upper-middle and upper classes as a result of the ' nanny ' influence. The same old ladies would look after successive generations of children, using those terrible lisping type voices, which would then travel all over the world, in the bodies of diplomats, politicians and captains of industry.
Speech impediments can be cured but most parents are too bone idle to try. Lazy speech ( e.g the dropping of ' th ' and replacing it with ' d ' or 'f ' ) can be corrected.
In 20 or so years our speech will have changed completely and for the worse. All down to the lowering of standards.
If I had my way, the likes of Jonathan Ross and Dermot O'Leary and anyone else with a speech impediment would never find their way onto our tv screens.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Anything goes on tv these days. It doesn't seem to matter whether presenters lisp, have speech impediments,can't say their r's or their th's...they all get jobs. There was a time when a speech impediment would have barred you from a job on the beeb. Why? Because the young ( unknowingly ) imitate and pick up bad habits. More and more younger people are growing up with speech impediments because of its prevalence in the media.
Speech problems used to be found most commonly in the upper-middle and upper classes as a result of the ' nanny ' influence. The same old ladies would look after successive generations of children, using those terrible lisping type voices, which would then travel all over the world, in the bodies of diplomats, politicians and captains of industry.
Speech impediments can be cured but most parents are too bone idle to try. Lazy speech ( e.g the dropping of ' th ' and replacing it with ' d ' or 'f ' ) can be corrected.
In 20 or so years our speech will have changed completely and for the worse. All down to the lowering of standards.
If I had my way, the likes of Jonathan Ross and Dermot O'Leary and anyone else with a speech impediment would never find their way onto our tv screens.

What's Dermot O'Leary's speech impediment??

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't really have strong views on how good a journalist he is or isn't - although he can hardly be blamed for the Northern Rock thing. If the whole model is that fragile, there was something fundamentally flawed there.

However you can't help notice that his reports are a bit, err, theatrical. I suspect Mr Peston is a veteran of his local 'amateur players' society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cannot pronounce f's or th's properly? You cant say 'fairer than that then' can you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Innit

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Wow, out of interest, what do you think of Richard Littlejohn?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, out of interest, what do you think of Richard Littlejohn?

I think he now 'compensates' for having the surname of Littlejohn. He was probably bullied because of it at school.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes Simster the last four years have affected my mind. I am the way I am because of what has happened but am still battling on trying to avoid the abyss I am staring into. I could go into my life over the last 4 years , on a personal level and how it has affected me , aand many others but wouldn't want to bore anyone. What I am saying is negativity breeds negativity, something I know all too well and am trying to address on a personal level.

Good for you US.

I don't know you from Adam, but I have noticed a definate positivity in your posts recently, be they about Tits, Spielberg Films or whatever. I had lumped you in with the depressed and depressing on here, but no longer.

Being negative definately breeds negativity, so I applaud you for trying to do something about it. Perhaps you could pass on some tips to certain others on here?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we know what Robert Peston thinks of the Amex catering?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Good for you US.

I don't know you from Adam, but I have noticed a definate positivity in your posts recently, be they about Tits, Spielberg Films or whatever. I had lumped you in with the depressed and depressing on here, but no longer.

Being negative definately breeds negativity, so I applaud you for trying to do something about it. Perhaps you could pass on some tips to certain others on here?
seconded, good on ya :bigwave::rock::albion2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good for you US.

I am really trying in 2012 to change my whole mindset and way of thinking. Its hard to recondition your mind. Yes, I have had more knocks and set backs in the last 4 years that I could ever have expected in a lifetime and am in a perilous position at the moment but negativity breeds negatity, the depression disease wants to keep you on your knees in the gutter, its like having an Alien in your body trying to destroy you, it is a cancer of the mind. Everyday you have to battle to not let it win. I want 2012to be a change, 4 years of this shit is enough. Its already done, 2 relationships for me as no one wants to be with a morose, negative bastard no matter what good points they may have. So I don't blame them. What I am saying is Peston sucks all of the positivity out of me. 5 minutes of watching him tell us all , we are doomed takes all the positivity away. He revels in it and enjoys it imo. He is desperate for the Euro to fail and for there to be financial amageddon in this country destroying people and families as it would further and lengthen his career and for that alone I hate the c*nt.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm interested in his subject but leave the room when he comes on. Only a right-on auntie could employ a bloke with a speech impediment as a TV commentator. They're probably employing blind chauffeurs as we speak.

His Dad is a peer. Probably the silver spoon is still wedgied in his mouth.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think he now 'compensates' for having the surname of Littlejohn. He was probably bullied because of it at school.

When he was on "606" I gave him shite live on air about being obsesed only with Premiership clubs. I mentioned Brentford and bigged up a player they had then called Scott Partridge.

Dunno what happened to him but he disapeared into the non-league world. And Scott Partridge disappeared as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here