Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Robert Peston please just FU*K OFF !

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not sure I understand this post.

It certainly doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure what there wasn't to understand about my original post. No one else had any trouble.

Whether Peston has an actual speech impediment or just a very peculiar way of speaking doesn't really matter - either should disqualify him from the sort of job he has. If the BBC think it doesn't matter then presumably they will start employing accountants who can't do sums and drivers who can't drive.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He is quite simply the mooooooooosttttt.........aNOYYYYYYYYY-ing.......rep-ORT-er, onthetelevsisonrightnow

Back to you....Fiona

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well said THPP, I think however you are ignoring the fact that Sarah does have a great RACK.

If you want a PROPER interviewer in relation to the economy and business, I suggest you use ME

Superb, I bet you enjoyed the " penetration pricing ".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm not sure what there wasn't to understand about my original post. No one else had any trouble.

Whether Peston has an actual speech impediment or just a very peculiar way of speaking doesn't really matter - either should disqualify him from the sort of job he has. If the BBC think it doesn't matter then presumably they will start employing accountants who can't do sums and drivers who can't drive.

Now you've clarified it, it looks like I understood after all - more's the pity.

I suppose you want perfect diction and gormless blow-wave robots reading off an autocue. The bloke offers an opinion on the back of his knowledge and experience - and you grizzle because he stretches his vowels in a non-polished un-BBC manner.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had to write the scripts for half a dozen pilot episodes and made it my MISSION to get a double entendre into each of them,

You NEVER let us down mate !

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Now you've clarified it, it looks like I understood after all - more's the pity.

I suppose you want perfect diction and gormless blow-wave robots reading off an autocue. The bloke offers an opinion on the back of his knowledge and experience - and you grizzle because he stretches his vowels in a non-polished un-BBC manner.

Several people on this thread have said they find Peston's presentation irritating but as far as I know none of us has said we want a gormless robot with received pronunciation. Invent your own opinions by all means but don't invent other people's.

I imagine that most people who find themselves making a cup of tea when Peston comes on find his extraordinary delivery makes it hard to follow what he's actually saying. I could be wrong of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here