Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Robert Peston please just FU*K OFF !

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But it is all gloom and doom.

PS. How can you rig a condiments poll?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Actually it's not all doom and gloom, but the problem is, none of the mainstream media actually consider finding that shred of positivity and making a headline out of it. And there in a nut shell is why I hate Peston. He absolutely thrives on ensuring he is the smug twat who, unfortunately, a large proportion of this country actually listens to or reads about the dire state of the nation. His appalling journalism on the state of British banks, always falls well short of the truth.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think Robert Peston came up in a thread a while, and in that thread and here I agree with Uncle S. Peston crosses the line too often between being a news creator and a news reporter. His hand in the run on Northern Rock and another market affecting news story re HBOS and LTSB, and he's come up in the Levison enquiry as accepting stories involving the taping of MP's secretly. He has no credibility in my eyes and is part of the reason I've become a doubter of the noble aim of the BBC to simply report the news.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Robert Peston came up in a thread a while, and in that thread and here I agree with Uncle S. Peston crosses the line too often between being a news creator and a news reporter. His hand in the run on Northern Rock and another market affecting news story re HBOS and LTSB, and he's come up in the Levison enquiry as accepting stories involving the taping of MP's secretly. He has no credibility in my eyes and is part of the reason I've become a doubter of the noble aim of the BBC to simply report the news.

Thanks tedebear.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I expect the issue is that Peston is more intelligent than than the OP

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
The guy is an absolute bore, but no worse than half the 'business' journalists that write for the Daily Mail etc, its fairly simple to ignore him just turn the channel.

And for the record i think you will find it was Northern Rock's over-reliance on short-term money markets for their funding and the banks/pension funds subsequent unwillingness to hold their paper which caused the major liquidity squeeze that brought the institution to its knees, well before any retail clients began withdrawing their savings.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
His blogs are worth a read but yes they are negative. You get acclaim for predicting when bad things happen. If you get it wrong, then things get better so people forget easier.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I expect the issue is that Peston is more intelligent than than the OP

Wow thats harsh BH !, but maybe true, the blokes still a c*nt though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not harsh, just get over this recession

Are you employed with a regular income still mate ? Welcome to walk in my shoes before you tell me to get over this recession.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you employed with a regular income still mate ? Welcome to walk in my shoes before you tell me to get over this recession.

Same old same old, thought you have heeded Tebbits advice and got on your bike to look

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Same old same old, thought you have heeded Tebbits advice and got on your bike to look

Thanks for that. Its not quite as easy as that. If you lose your job you may find out. I have backed you on many occassions when you were " rounded on ", big mistake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for that. Its not quite as easy as that. If you lose your job you may find out. I have backed you on many occassions when you were " rounded on ", big mistake.

Lighten up, something will happen shortly

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Thats not fair. Most people are giving their honest opinions, as have I. Its pretty rare that I agree with both TLO and simster and the last thing I would do is gang up with them. TBH I would rather take your side but it does seem a mindless rant and deflection from something else thats bothering you.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Robert Peston has a lot to answer to for his extended influence on the General Public in regards to how bad this "recession" is.

I am not doubting that wallets have been affected, but no where near to the degree that this imbecile has led the sheep that is the public to believe!

He is nearly as bad as Martin Lewis, who even though appears to have no real grasp of the Economy, as far as I am aware has no education or experience to back up his claims, continues to steal a living by sprouting drivel on TV

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His blogs are worth a read but yes they are negative. You get acclaim for predicting when bad things happen. If you get it wrong, then things get better so people forget easier.

Nail on head. Some posters on Nsc work on the same principle. The manager's rubbish and should be sacked, players look like they don't care, chairman not doing enough for the playing side, etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't blame Peston for talking down the economy.

I do however blame Sarah Beeny and all the rest of the TV property show wallahs for massively inflating the housing market to the extent that any Clevor Trevor with thruppence in their pocket could 'project manage' their way to a handsome profit on any nondescript 'property'. Beeny's one saving grace was that she used to roll her eyes and exude a splendid air of utter contempt when the would-be property tycoon used to ignore every bit of her advice and still come out with a tidy profit from the ridiculous property bubble.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't blame Peston for talking down the economy.

I do however blame Sarah Beeny and all the rest of the TV property show wallahs for massively inflating the housing market to the extent that any Clevor Trevor with thruppence in their pocket could 'project manage' their way to a handsome profit on any nondescript 'property'. Beeny's one saving grace was that she used to roll her eyes and exude a splendid air of utter contempt when the would-be property tycoon used to ignore every bit of her advice and still come out with a tidy profit from the ridiculous property bubble.

Well said THPP, I think however you are ignoring the fact that Sarah does have a great RACK.

If you want a PROPER interviewer in relation to the economy and business, I suggest you use ME

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here