Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon leaving to go to Southampton [merged]

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Jokes on calderon to be honest. Saints hoofballs will limit him attacking wise. He won't get the ball to feet as much!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And Fonte really didn't want to go to Southampton. He was devastated about leaving and forced into the move by Palace. He will be off as soon as a better team closer to London come after him. No one would seriously want to join the scum for football reasons, all about the money

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
:lolol::lolol:some people on here crack me up:lolol:

ITS NEAR ON IMPOSSIBLE THAT WE WILL SELL ANY OF OUR PLAYERS AS WE DON'T NEED TO???

Christ dick knight left ages ago:laugh:

alright i'm sorry for even letting that thought cross my mind the fact that a club can afford to throw money around and that one of our better players can fill a soon to be vacant position at their club again i apologise.

May 8, 2010
And Fonte really didn't want to go to Southampton. He was devastated about leaving and forced into the move by Palace. He will be off as soon as a better team closer to London come after him. No one would seriously want to join the scum for football reasons, all about the money

Been quality since he has been here, so not bothered.

If we are top 2 in January as expected, he won't be going anywhere.

Lallana leaving is more of a worry

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good on Gus for sticking to a wage structure - " We are not the Chelsea and Manchester City of League One ".

Ultimately it's the right decision from Gus. If a player doesn't want to be part of something special, repay the faith that was put him in when no-one else wanted him, and would rather chase the almighty dollar then he can bugger off as far as I'm concerned.

Good player at this level and nice to watch, but no player is irreplaceable.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Jokes on calderon to be honest. Saints hoofballs will limit him attacking wise. He won't get the ball to feet as much!

:laugh: Yeah that was one game mate on April 1. If you had seen us on Sky sports at Wembley the previous week or most of our other games this season, you will see we are actually a footballing side. Jeez

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Assou Ekotto was spot on with what he said in the week players have no ties to a club like fans do, perhaps if we were safer earlier we would've been in more of a position to tie him down earlier. As somebody else mentioned somebody like Simon Francis from Southend could be a player we may be looking at, have always rated him when I've seen him.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
1) Some seem to (hence this whole thread and the anti-saints slant)

2) And as yet, intangible

3) Would take Pardew over Poyet every day of the week

1) And you don't see why? It's the behaviour of your club and Pardew. Sniffing around without any imagination for other teams' best players and then offering more money than their existing team can possibly afford to try and buy the league. It's not a competition, it's capitalism gone nuts. It disgusts me and makes your club the worst type of club. Take, take, take.

2) Meccano versus architecture. I take architecture every time.

3) Bloody hell you clearly don't know your football. Hence your support of the scum.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
1) I don't care.

2) Far nicer than yours. Yeah, we'll go up, you won't.

3) Pardew is your manager.

1. Far nicer coz its brand new but unfortunately hold 11,000 less.
2. 3 points off auto promotion this season (with our points back) and that was with a tragic start due to no team initially. What does this tell you about our chances next season.

May 8, 2010
1) And you don't see why? It's the behaviour of your club and Pardew. Sniffing around without any imagination for other teams' best players and then offering more money than their existing team can possibly afford to try and buy the league. It's not a competition, it's capitalism gone nuts. It disgusts me and makes your club the worst type of club. Take, take, take.

2) Meccano versus architecture. I take architecture every time.

3) Bloody hell you clearly don't know your football. Hence your support of the scum.

1) That's life. No imagination? Should we have 11 home grown players then?

2) WHAT?

3) I would take Pardew's experience over Poyet's potential every time

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
1. Far nicer coz its brand new but unfortunately hold 11,000 less.
2. 3 points off auto promotion this season (with our points back) and that was with a tragic start due to no team initially. What does this tell you about our chances next season.

Yeah well you didn't get your points back did you? You should have been relegated twice for appalling management of a football club. You're still in league one and it tells me you bought the best players available with your new-found budget and still failed to make the play-offs. This buy tells me that Pardew has no ideas of his own and that Calderon and the Scum deserve each other.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
We need players like Calderon to get us out off Div 1 before Falmer is ready,Southampton have shown they are favourities to be promoted next season so we have to offer him a financial package to stay,we obviously did not. He cannot be critised for choosing a team with better prospects and a higher wage.
There is no point in having a new stadium and a below par cheap team, we cannot afford not to pay the going rate if we hope to double the present attendance.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You sad, sad scummer bastards..
Have you got nothing better to do on a Saturday night than attempt to goad Brighton fans because you snared some old Spanish bloke from them?
We'll see who has the last laugh eh?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
:laugh: Yeah that was one game mate on April 1. If you had seen us on Sky sports at Wembley the previous week or most of our other games this season, you will see we are actually a footballing side. Jeez

Two games actually as you played exactly the same tactics against us at St Marys.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sad news,but cant blame him,any of us would do the same FACT

May 8, 2010
Yeah well you didn't get your points back did you? You should have been relegated twice for appalling management of a football club. You're still in league one and it tells me you bought the best players available with your new-found budget and still failed to make the play-offs. This buy tells me that Pardew has no ideas of his own and that Calderon and the Scum deserve each other.

Bought majority of them in January mate.

Check the form table since then........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here