Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back hanging !

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
I think it would be extremely useful to society if we understood how life in some families has broken down so much that some people find it possible to commit horrendous crimes against children who are closely related to them.

Why do these people murder their relatives?

What are the characteristics of family life that might indicate that some families have members who might behave like this?

Can society intervene at an earlier stage to prevent such crimes being committed? If so ... what sort of intervention is effective?

I think it is extremely unwise for society to deal with these cases by concluding that some individuals are simply monsters who should be put down.

But that seems to be the view of some people on this thread. In my opinion it would put more children at risk if society simply succumbed to this rather unpleasant lust for quick and easy retribution.

If you want to try and get inside the head of these people and try and understand them then you go ahead and try then LB. As far as i'm concerned these sick monsters dont even deserve the right to draw breath and should be disposed of very swiftly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
British Bulldog said:
If you want to try and get inside the head of these people and try and understand them then you go ahead and try then LB. As far as i'm concerned these sick monsters dont even deserve the right to draw breath and should be disposed of very swiftly.
Did you actually read what he put? You don't simply solve this sort of thing by just culling people, much as some of these frenzied drooling punishment-masturbators might want to get off on that. Thank god, this Nazi-style "disposal" of clearly mentally-deranged people that some people aspire to belongs to an era that has long since passed.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Originally posted by Man of Harveys ...masturbatory self-righteous frenzy...

[memotoself]try you use this expression in work this week[/memotoself]

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can't agree to capital punishment, we as a society decide killing is wrong, and then we authorise ourselves to do it?

I think people like this should be locked away for ever. BUT I belive prison means prison. I don't think prisoners have rights to tv, papers, or anything else nice. They f***ed up, they do their time, making number plates, picking up garbage and paying thier debt to society.

Even now I have a son, I can't agree to the death penalty. I'd rather see someone rot away in prison for years, contemplating each and every day what they have done.

Finding out why people do this would be a very good start to preventing it!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Man of Harveys said:
Did you actually read what he put? You don't simply solve this sort of thing by just culling people, much as some of these frenzied drooling punishment-masturbators might want to get off on that. Thank god, this Nazi-style "disposal" of clearly mentally-deranged people that some people aspire to belongs to an era that has long since passed.

Right so we understand these monsters yeah? What is that going to prove? How do you know who is going to be the next child killer until it's too late?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tedebear said:

I think people like this should be locked away for ever. BUT I belive prison means prison. I don't think prisoners have rights to tv, papers, or anything else nice. They f***ed up, they do their time, making number plates, picking up garbage and paying thier debt to society.

Now we are singing off the same hym sheet.

My ideal prision would be a 8ft x 8ft cell. Bed in one corner, bog in another. Prision enters room on first day of sentenace. Leaves on last day of sentence. They have reassonable access to books, papers etc, but thats it. That room is there life all the time they are there. When they leave, they start there reabiliation into society.

I guarantee petty crimes would almost stop over night. Life prisioners would also cost a lot less to keep locked up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lord Bracknell said:
I think it would be extremely useful to society if we understood how life in some families has broken down so much that some people find it possible to commit horrendous crimes against children who are closely related to them.

Why do these people murder their relatives?

What are the characteristics of family life that might indicate that some families have members who might behave like this?

Can society intervene at an earlier stage to prevent such crimes being committed? If so ... what sort of intervention is effective?

Lord B, thats all well and good and eay to say that, but do you honestly think is would/could work?

How could you possibily intervene in something like this?
What would you do. Say to someone, erm, "we stopped something about your characteristics that makes up believe you are capable of raping and murdering your niece? Er, please don't"

Pedophiles are let back into society, and they've proved they are a risk, so how do you stop someone who hasn't done anything by knowing they might?

I fail to see how you can learn from these people, and what use it would do if you could.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
British Bulldog said:
Right so we understand these monsters yeah? What is that going to prove? How do you know who is going to be the next child killer until it's too late?
And more to the point, if you did know, what can you do about it if they haven't commited a crime?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Burns said:
That's fine. I'm going to have a go at you because of it. We are all intitled to our opinions, it just annoys me when someone doesn't doesn't agree with what someone says, is a COCK or a facist, like Simster calls people.. I would like to hear anyones views, on why knowing why someone would rapes and murders a child, would of any use to society?
I called BB a "cock" NOT because he held the view that we should bring back hanging, but because he suggested that anyone who didn't hold that point of view was a member of the tree hugging PC brigade who are more interested in the interests of the criminal, you idiot!

Mr Burns said:
Answer me this, if you manage the impossible, and understand why people do things like this, what do you do? What is the point of understanding why someone rapes and murders a two year old. And don't say to stop it happening. Because I'll ask you again, even armed with that knowledge why it happens, how do you stop it happening? Instead of coming back with your predicable "intolerant, facist simpleton" crap try and answer the question, I think its a fair point to ask.
Yes it is, and unlike is usually the case with LI, I will answer it. However, you could have asked me that very question at the beginning instead of calling me prick for no apparent reason.

The first thing I would say is that without attempting to understand why people behave like this, we will just be on a path of slaughtering people who stray this far from the norm. I'd rather understand why they got so f***ed up in the first place. Are these things caused by abuse by the murderer from years before? Is it poverty? Is it bullying? Is it exposure to certain media? This is not out of care for the welfare of a criminal - it's about giving social services the heads up for high risk cases in the future.

And it must be caused by something. Afterall, in some communities world wide, crime (let alone violent crime) is barely heard of...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
British Bulldog said:
Even if you can't accept the fact that killing people who, for whatever reason, do very bad things is NOT OK, it's not difficult to think that studying their behavioural patterns might actually prevent them from happening again if similar circumstances arise. But of course, things like studying patterns and prevention via careful social work etc isn't half as entertaining as bad people's blood running. And none of this is "defending" them, of course - I think their crimes are every bit as abhorrent as you do.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr Burns said:
And more to the point, if you did know, what can you do about it if they haven't commited a crime?

Exactly! You need proof that they are going to commit the crime and you dont get that until they have killed some poor little kid.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Putting Murderers, Rapists, Paedos etc in prison is a drain on resources and money. If they are proved to be guilty without a shadow of a doubt then they should be killed. Humanely of course, lethal injection.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rougvie said:

It might make some of these nonces think before they act out their depraved fantasies, still seems to be becoming a VERY common crime these days.

But it's not, there is no evidence that child sexual abuse is any higher or lower than it was 20, 30, 50 years ago.

What is different is that the media knows that it sells papers, and so it has a higher profile from a reporting perspective.

They have the death penalty in the USA, but the rate of murder is far higher, so there is no correlation between the deterrent effect of haning and the incidence of obscene acts.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Man of Harveys said:
But of course, things like studying patterns and prevention via careful social work etc isn't half as entertaining as bad people's blood running.

Would that be the same careful social work that led to 2 of these evil monsters being banged up last week for torturing their young daughter?

All these idealistic views are great but lets get in the real world eh! These are evil monsters we are dealing with and no amount of understanding them will ever stop them commiting these horrible crimes so the best thing is to just eliminate them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
British Bulldog said:

All these idealistic views are great but lets get in the real world eh! These are evil monsters we are dealing with and no amount of understanding them will ever stop them commiting these horrible crimes so the best thing is to just eliminate them.

How can you eliminate them before they commit the crime?

The person that killed that poor defenceless child may have had no criminal record for similar activities.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
British Bulldog said:
All these idealistic views are great but lets get in the real world eh! These are evil monsters we are dealing with...
Personally, I would describe someone who dislikes, intimidates and attacks people for having a different coloured skin to them - as BNP members do - as "evil monsters" too, but I'd be hard pushed to advocate that the state simply kills off their supporters for it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
El Presidente said:
How can you eliminate them before they commit the crime?

The person that killed that poor defenceless child may have had no criminal record for similar activities.

Stop playing with my words I hav'nt been out of bed long. :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rougvie said:
It might make some of these nonces think before they act out their depraved fantasies, still seems to be becoming a VERY common crime these days.

Actually, it's not.

Believe it or not, the chances of a child being murdered and/or sexually abused are no greater than they were 50 years ago.

Stats prove it. The only difference now is that with TV and the internet, such (thankfully rare) incidents attract far more attention, so you're more aware of it going on. How many kids were abused by (for example) the likes of priests at boarding schools years ago? These things are often only just coming out now, because the children of the time were scared into silence.

And the death penalty would have absolutely no impact on the level of offending, because, as with most criminals, the perpetrators of such horrors don't consider that they'll get caught when they're committing the offences. Even your common or garden burglar thinks he'll get away with nicking your stuff, so why would someone with such an overriding urge to abuse children be any different?

I fully understand people's need to perceive justice as being done, an eye for an eye etc, but on a purely practical level, it wouldn't do anything to stop such crimes being committed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Man of Harveys said:
Personally, I would describe someone who dislikes, intimidates and attacks people for having a different coloured skin to them - as BNP members do - as "evil monsters" too, but I'd be hard pushed to advocate that the state simply kills off their supporters for it.

So a racist is now in the same catagory as a child rapist/murderer yeah?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
British Bulldog said:
Stop playing with my words I hav'nt been out of bed long. :lolol:
No wonder the trains are screwed :censored: ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here